Big Girl- What do you think of this analogy?

stevenash

So, what is the answer?
Biggirl brags about her education and how many degree's and what a good job she has. Then she makes excuses about slavery and not being on an even playing field with the white man. If she admitted it could be done with just hard work and dedication, she couldn't use that bag of excuses she keeps with her.....
so I say again......Asians and Hispanics as a group are good role models for hard work and dedication.....
Disclaimer.....not ALL Asians or ALL Hispanics are good role models for hard work and dedication.....some are not...

What I'm saying is what I honestly believe anybody who try hard enough can succeed in this country. That being said I honestly believe it's a lot harder and more barriers to cross being a minority. Times are getting better but I wouldn't say the playing field is even just yet. I'm just saying America have a way of actin like nothing ever happened.

Hippy, since I have banned myself from responding directly to a certain poster, you might give her the example of Dr. Ben Carson.  I think she will find that response quite pleasing.

I actually think SHE is a better example......

In one post she speaks of blacks not being on a level playing field because of slavery......

In another post SHE brags about having 2 degrees and a good paying job.....

So, by posting those two things she gets to brag about how SHE went against ALL ODD's and beat the system! In other words....look at me.....look at me....

Personally, I would use Obama as a better example than Dr. Carson.  I mean, the odds of becoming President are 1 in 10 million......

What I'm saying is what I honestly believe anybody who try hard enough can succeed in this country. That being said I honestly believe it's a lot harder and more barriers to cross being a minority. Times are getting better but I wouldn't say the playing field is even just yet. I'm just saying America have a way of actin like nothing ever happened.

I agree with that.

Nothing worth getting is usually easy though. Times are getting better! Instead of complaining about the past (that we cannot fix no matter how much we would like to), we need to focus on the future.

And thank you PAMFAM for being able to have a calm and real discussion!

I have 2 degrees, but my parents instilled that into me for as long as I can remember. What about kids who have parents that still have the "slave mentality". I refuse to believe that you guys are that stupid. You are trying to get under my skin and it is not working. Lmbo

I have 2 degrees, but my parents instilled that into me for as long as I can remember. What about kids who have parents that still have the "slave mentality". I refuse to believe that you guys are that stupid. You are trying to get under my skin and it is not working. Lmbo

So do you give white people that have "racist mentality" a pass? I mean, it is how they were raised.....