Texas

king

He is another lawsuit involving Charlie for lying. I guess I make all of this stuff up.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/apnewsbreak-oklahoma-state-seeks-strong-interview-28848403

That's a contract dispute and Strong is NOT named in suit. You don't make the stuff up but you use it in the wrong context for claims against Charlie.
You never answered about the other lawsuit. Would you award damages to the Louisville kid? Or does it lack merit?

That's a contract dispute and Strong is NOT named in suit. You don't make the stuff up but you use it in the wrong context for claims against Charlie.
You never answered about the other lawsuit. Would you award damages to the Louisville kid? Or does it lack merit?

It seems that I remember the Big Cigars openly opposing Watson as the OC(not sure why, 59 yards may have something to do with it.) So Charlie named Wickline his OC and paid his QB coach Watson more money. I don't know how many QB coaches make more than their OC but I would bet it's not much more than 1. Giving Wickline the OC title got the Big Cigars off his back for a little bit and got around Wickline's buyout by breaking Core Value #1( Honesty). Maybe I'm remembering wrong, I'm sure you will all correct me.

As for the other case, that is for the courts to decide. The kid was beaten and Charlie kicked off the 2 players that did it. It was kept quiet to some extent, but no one knows what Charlie promised the kid behind closed doors. If he can prove It in court then that would be a black eye for Charlie. I think if Charlie was still at Louisville they probably would have just paid the kid to go away.

exactly why does it bother you so much? Strong just actually holds people accountable with it, Sumlin looks the other way if it can get him a fatter contract!

You do realize that core values are basically just the laws of our country that Charlie post on the wall, right? I bet every coach in the country doesn't want his players beating women and doing drugs but since Charlie puts it on the wall he really means it.

Why isn't he listed on the staff? It has to do with the buyout there bud.

What about sumlin paying LSU chavis buyout? As far as I know it was never officially announced that chavis was the DC? He isn't even listed on the staff even now?

Ok now I know you are just making any anti-Aggie statements you can possibly think of - You really are implying that A&M did something underhanded by paying Chavis's buyout? - that is normally called a condition of hiring negotiated with his contract.  

Also, it has been well documented and annouced by A&M that Chavis was hired by A&M - Hell he was on the recruiting trail from the hire date on - why the website has not been updated is a technical issue.

exactly why does it bother you so much? Strong just actually holds people accountable with it, Sumlin looks the other way if it can get him a fatter contract!

It doesn't bother me at all. I just think it's funny that yall act like Charlie is some kind of saint unlike every other coach in the country. If that makes your fanbase feel better during subpar seasons then good for you.

Please provide examples of Sumlin looking the other way?

He kicked off both starting tackles on a team that had zero depth. Try again....two starting WRs, a safety who was replaced by a walkon.  Johnny ran around like a wild man and Sumlin did nothing. Had he held him accountable in college maybe he wouldn't be in rehab now. 

Newsflash, most college kids aren't the starting QB. If you want to be like most college kids, stop playing ball. You are or should be held do a different standard, you are not a standard joe blow student and cant do the same things....especially in this day in age where everyone has a camera.

Charlie kicked off a bunch of benchwarmers and gave most of the better players 2nd chances. You consider that ZERO TOLERANCE? He is currently being sued by a former player for covering up an assault in his locker room, but I guess you forgot to mention that.

Sumlin has kicked off players that needed it. One for theft and 2 for drugs and guns off the top of my head. He kept 2 QB's that got PI's and yall act like its the end of the world. Newsflash, most college kids drink and a lot of them are underage.

Do you think johnny just started drinking and being out of control after he left CS? The kid probably should have been boote when he got into a fight, arrested and presented a fake ID.  Kenny Hill was arrested during the spring last year and was the starting qb because he knew he couldn't afford to not have him for that south Carolina game.

Remember the whole deal when they ended up playing florida the first game of the year because of the hurricane or something that postponed the first game. You had a slew of guys suspended for the first game but when the first game became Florida it was suddenly opponent specific, IE some crappy team! Again he did that to save his own @ss. the guy is selective when issues arise...same reason why he had 9-10 guys arrested last spring..and had to bring in a boot camp group to bring discipline to the program. He is much more  interested in being "cool and swag" by bringing DJs in. The guy is all smoke and mirrors.

It doesn't bother me at all. I just think it's funny that yall act like Charlie is some kind of saint unlike every other coach in the country. If that makes your fanbase feel better during subpar seasons then good for you.

Please provide examples of Sumlin looking the other way?

As for the other case, that is for the courts to decide. The kid was beaten and Charlie kicked off the 2 players that did it. It was kept quiet to some extent, but no one knows what Charlie promised the kid behind closed doors. If he can prove It in court then that would be a black eye for Charlie. I think if Charlie was still at Louisville they probably would have just paid the kid to go away.

The kid was kept on scholly until he graduated. He his saying Strong "promised" to keep him on thru graduate school. Come on. Who does that? If Charlie did promise that (never) and then took scholly away, then ok...Strong is a jack wagon and I will boo every time I hear his name. I feel confident the kid is the jack wagon!

The kid was kept on scholly until he graduated. He his saying Strong "promised" to keep him on thru graduate school. Come on. Who does that? If Charlie did promise that (never) and then took scholly away, then ok...Strong is a jack wagon and I will boo every time I hear his name. I feel confident the kid is the jack wagon!

I don't think you can win a lawsuit against a coach for a promise made. If that was the case every coach and recruiter in the country would live in the courtroom. Now he could sue the school and coach for an unsafe environment or some crap that allowed him to get jumped in the locker room and end his career. I believe he is saying Charlie made that promise so he didn't sue which would make more sense. The courts will get it all figured out.

Of course it does. It smells like aggie.

And yet you wonder why Aggie's dislike Texas fans.

Fact is that it makes no difference if you like Sumlin are the Aggie's they have had a better more productive team the last 3-4 years than the Horns have and a lot of the attention IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT A&M WENT TO THE SEC - have we won a NC = NO; have we won a conference championship = NO; Have we beat a No. 1 ranked team = YES and Have we beat more ranked and better teams then Texas has = YES.  

Fact is also that the Jury is still out on Strong at Texas - and PhatMack if that article is right (and I do not even think it will be close) then all us Aggie's will be eating a lot of crow and Strong will make a statement that he is a college coach to be dealt with - Just like Texas fans will be eating a lot of crow if A&M has the season next year that I think they may well be capable of.  

That is why the off season is always fun - My team will be King and your team will suck - that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.  

Fact is that it makes no difference if you like Sumlin are the Aggie's they have had a better more productive team the last 3-4 years than the Horns have and a lot of the attention IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT A&M WENT TO THE SEC - have we won a NC = NO; have we won a conference championship = NO; Have we beat a No. 1 ranked team = YES and Have we beat more ranked and better teams then Texas has = YES.  

Fact is also that the Jury is still out on Strong at Texas - and PhatMack if that article is right (and I do not even think it will be close) then all us Aggie's will be eating a lot of crow and Strong will make a statement that he is a college coach to be dealt with - Just like Texas fans will be eating a lot of crow if A&M has the season next year that I think they may well be capable of.  

That is why the off season is always fun - My team will be King and your team will suck - that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.

Nah. Never wondered at all.

It has nothing to do with sec, it had to do with Johnny. Not sure if you have noticed, but you are trending down every year there buddy.

And wow you are still bringing up the Alabama game? Congrats on your regular season moral victory lol

You have beat more ranked teams than Texas? Who cares? You are 0-4 against LSU, maybe you should worry about that?