Texas

king

If Strong pulls off the three peat of Mack, Murray and and Boyd - this would be a major coup for Strong.

But might also be a curse as the expectations for Texas in 2015 would be immediately greatly increased - would Texas fans accept another 6-7 or even a 8-5 year after that?  Would Texas be that much better in 2015 with that great recruiting class - as most freshman have and adjustment period?  Time will tell.

Id say 9 wins max if he gets the rest of those kids. 

The key for Strong is Jerrod Heard.

One, I don't think Murray is going anywhere even if he commits to UT. On the upside, that may get them Mack.

Two, Swoopes is not the QB, especially if they are moving to the spread/pass first offense.

Three, Kai Locksley is a possibility. If they can sign him, they may have the answer.

Bottom line. they can sign the #1 class in the country and without a QB, it's not going to work.

Getting a defensive coach trumps getting talent??? I guess Texas will have to settle for getting both the talent and the coaching.
Good luck little brother.

You would prefer to have both, but in college coaching makes up for a lot of deficiencies. Gary Patterson seems to do ok at TCU with lesser talent.

A&M does have talent on defense. They are all young , but very talented. Myles Garrett will be one of the best defensive players in the country next year and I predict he will be one of the first players drafted in 2 years. If I was Sumlin I would pop in Garrett's game film while I was at Daylon Mack's in home later this week. Ask him if he would like to play next to a future #1 pick and he will be sold.

Aces-full seems to forget that it wasn't but 5 years ago TAMU was taking all the scraps from UT and OU when it came to recruiting.  Times have changed now, the recruits are there and more are coming...

Coaching is and has been the problem the last 2 seasons for the Aggies....jury is still out on Strong and his horns, but I think they'll win less games next season based on their schedule...

You would prefer to have both, but in college coaching makes up for a lot of deficiencies. Gary Patterson seems to do ok at TCU with lesser talent.

A&M does have talent on defense. They are all young , but very talented. Myles Garrett will be one of the best defensive players in the country next year and I predict he will be one of the first players drafted in 2 years. If I was Sumlin I would pop in Garrett's game film while I was at Daylon Mack's in home later this week. Ask him if he would like to play next to a future #1 pick and he will be sold.

How about Nederland product Washington?

Strong doesn't believe in gadgets (ie:swagcopter), but I would classify or categorize offering coaching jobs to those coaches of potential recruits as the same thing...yes I know it's gone on for years at other schools, it's just funny that UT is grasping for straws.  Entitlement works in mysterious ways...

Strong doesn't believe in gadgets (ie:swagcopter), but I would classify or categorize offering coaching jobs to those coaches of potential recruits as the same thing...yes I know it's gone on for years at other schools, it's just funny that UT is grasping for straws.  Entitlement works in mysterious ways...

UT-pays the coaches.

SEC- pays the players.

Art Briles was a HS coach. In fact, lots of them were HS coaches. I guess it depends on who you are as to what you read into things.

His son is still in HS and most people think he wants to coach his kid. In 2 years he will be gone as he has proven himself to be one of the top coaches in the state.