Texas

king

^^ denial

Face the facts GCM...it's blatantly obvious Texas has lost it's charm and they'll never be what they once were...

Yes I'm a die hard Aggie fan, but you're really kiddin' yourself...face the facts bro, they're staring you in the face!

What facts bro? That kids commit and de-commit? It's not a UT problem, it's an NCAA problem. 

You guys just keep winning in February and see how far that gets you after a while.

Texas will be back and aTm will still be aTm. Heck, as bad as they were, if they schedule non-conference games like they do in SEC they would have easily had 10 wins this year alone. That would get you a $5M raise, a new field house, a helicopter, and a stadium expansion in aggieland.

Why's that? Michigan was on this kid early in the process, so he obviously had interest early. 

If I'm a QB and Harbaugh comes calling, I'm listening too. He's not listening because it's Michigan.

Im speaking in general from the night of the Bama loss up to now, not about one kid. ;)

^^ that ship has sailed my friend...

A. First measuring stick is recruiting...Texas used to get whoever they wanted..anytime....no issues at all... --> well, not so much now....advantage Ags

B. 2nd measuring stick is success...records may be similar for Ags & Horns the past few years, but Aggies have had more more quality wins... --> SEC overall better, better for Ags = advantage Ags

C. Ya'll never lost February....OU 2nd....Aggies 3rd --> 2015 and it's Sumlin's 4th year...advantage Ags

D. SEC...SEC...SEC -- Southeastern Conference is just better and I've told you this over and over...Aggies switching conferences is killing UT and even OU --> yeah, it's over dude

This is my opinion:

1. Anyone that thinks that Texas will not be back at some point is wrong:

2. Any Texas fan that thinks that Texas will be the "God Figure" in National and even Texas football is also just as wrong;

I have stated before that Texas is still the premier school both academically and athletically as well but Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU and others have seriously narrowed the gap in facilities, stadiums and overall attractiveness of their programs.  Not that long ago Texas was the only school in Texas with top notch facilities and staff - now almost all the major schools have.  Also, not that long ago Texas was the only State of Texas school that was on TV every weekend - you never had to miss a game - now Texas A&M has every game televised - that is a big equalizing factor.

And while Texas fans do not like too - and never will - admit that the SEC move by the Aggie's was a major plus on their side (it was and will be for the foreseeable future). 

So while I do think that Texas will be back - I also doubt seriously if they will be able to command that Great State of Texas the way they once did year in and year out.   Some fans will have to accept that the playing field has been leveled and I do not think that it is going to tip in Texas's favor only for a long time.

Same things being said now as when Mackovic was the Longhorn coach. Horns are doomed and will not be back to national prominence.
I agree with OT. They'll be back. When they get back, who knows. One thing for certain though, when they do arrive, they'll have a pretty good stay on top for a good number of years.

"@JeffHowe247: Kyler Murray and DaMarkus Lodge in Austin for midweek visit » http://t.co/Mi7RerAJ0E #Longhorns #HookEm http://t.co/Vka9SwLLHV"

Kevin Murray drove them. I'm about 50/50 Kyler ends up at A&M, but he won't go to Texas. Oregon, OU, and others are ahead of them in the Kyler sweepstakes.

A&M needs to get a back up QB if Kyler doesn't come. They will be in big trouble if Kyle Allen gets hurt with all of the QB transfers they have had the last few years.

Kevin Murray drove them. I'm about 50/50 Kyler ends up at A&M, but he won't go to Texas. Oregon, OU, and others are ahead of them in the Kyler sweepstakes.

A&M needs to get a back up QB if Kyler doesn't come. They will be in big trouble if Kyle Allen gets hurt with all of the QB transfers they have had the last few years.

Sounds like Kevin has a job opportunity at UT.

(You boys might want to stimulate the economy and create him a job PDQ.)

It's more likely this was the biggest internet trolling job since Manti's girlfriend. It has been fun to watch.

Among the meetings taken by the Murrays Wednesday were one with Augie Garrido and a lengthy one with Shawn Watson. And Kevin is not shy about telling anyone and everyone he doesn't want Kyler at A&M. So much for that spirit in aggyland.