Texas

king

Reports are good on his progress. However, the reports on Malcolm Brown are that he is bigger, stronger, and faster than he's ever been. He needs Ash to stay healthy to have a legitimate pass threat but I hear he is poised to have a heckuva season. (And he was also the #1 back in the country coming out of HS.)

im really afraid for Ash man, one more big time hit and his career is over, I hope Swoopes and Heard are developing quickly.

im really afraid for Ash man, one more big time hit and his career is over, I hope Swoopes and Heard are developing quickly.

Me too. And you are exactly right. I really don't see him making the season. Hope I'm wrong but odds aren't good. And reports aren't good on Swoopes or Heard unfortunately. Swoopes in general and Heard needs a season to learn.

I'll say this: UT will have a better record than Agricultural & Mechanical.

Such sound advice from a reputable poster.

And this is Coach Strong's first year and Coach Sumlin's third year. We all know how easy it is to ride the results of others but oh so difficult to produce on your own. By year three your recruits have to start producing.

you do the same thing when discussing Aggie players............look at your logo/picture

I joke on here a lot, but that is my honest opinion about Ash. If he stays healthy Texas can win 9 games. If he gets knocked out early it will be a long first year for Chucky. 4 wins if he's lucky unless he goes to the triple option or some kind of offense where those other two don't have to throw the ball.

I joke on here a lot, but that is my honest opinion about Ash. If he stays healthy Texas can win 9 games. If he gets knocked out early it will be a long first year for Chucky. 4 wins if he's lucky unless he goes to the triple option or some kind of offense where those other two don't have to throw the ball.

The unconfirmed reports that I keep getting, say that Holtz is clearly #2. No need to change the offense.

And if Ash had not been hurt last year...................................

..........................................he would have played alot more, and you would not have had Case McCoy to pick on.

I think you're probably right, but that's as much a comment on the caliber of the two conferences as it is the two teams.

Why does everybody hide behind the SEC? 

• you lose more games - it does not matter - SEC
  • BCS titles - it does not matter - SEC
  • Recruiting improves - it does not matter - SEC
  • hemoroids disappear - it does not matter - SEC

Coach Strong will win more games (year 1) than Coach Sumlin (year 3). Coach Sumlin had the most dynamic player in cfb the past two years and could not improve his record. This is a fact. NOT SEC

Coach Strong will win more games (year 1) than Coach Sumlin (year 3). Coach Sumlin had the most dynamic player in cfb the past two years and could not improve his record. This is a fact. NOT SEC

If all 5 conference champions from the power 5 go undefeated, who gets left out of the playoff?

Strength of conference will be a big factor in determining who gets selected for a playoff.

Nobody's hiding behind anything. The point is, the SEC is the toughest conference in the country. All I was saying is that I expect Texas to have more wins than Texas A&M because they play in a weaker conference and have a weaker strength of schedule.

If all 5 conference champions from the power 5 go undefeated, who gets left out of the playoff?
Strength of conference will be a big factor in determining who gets selected for a playoff.

Big 10 or Big XII gets left out if you base it on the rankings today. That may change as the season progresses. There are some SEC teams that are currently ranked that will have 3-4 losses along the way.

More ammo for an 8 team playoff. SOS is a joke. If I win all my games in a "power" conference, I deserve a chance to be in the playoff. I also deserve to prove that on the field and not in an opinion poll.

Big 10 or Big XII gets left out if you base it on the rankings today. That may change as the season progresses. There are some SEC teams that are currently ranked that will have 3-4 losses along the way.

More ammo for an 8 team playoff. SOS is a joke. If I win all my games in a "power" conference, I deserve a chance to be in the playoff. I also deserve to prove that on the field that in an opinion poll.

8-Team was definitely the way to go.

You have "weak" conferences in the NFL, but win the conference and you go to the playoffs. Even wild cards have won the SB. College could follow suit.

I don't care much for pollsters and it is the reason we are going to playoff format. If pollsters determine who goes, where is the gain? I know, way off topic, but I couldn't pass that one up.

You have "weak" conferences in the NFL, but win the conference and you go to the playoffs. Even wild cards have won the SB. College could follow suit.

I don't care much for pollsters and it is the reason we are going to playoff format. If pollsters determine who goes, where is the gain? I know, way off topic, but I couldn't pass that one up.

With 4 playoff spots for 5 "Power" conference champions, someone is going to be left out. This will get interesting towards the end if the year.

With 8 teams game take the 5 champs and the next best 3 teams. Hopefully they go to that system in a few years.

Strength of schedule - yes

Strength of conference - their is no such critter except made up by delusional fans to explain losing records.

Strength of schedule - yes

Strength of conference - their is no such critter except made up by delusional fans to explain losing records.

Voters and committee members watch games on their tv's. The SEC games are shown nationwide so the whole country can watch. Big 12-2 games are Regional. That makes a difference no matter how much you don't want to admit it.

Voters and committee members watch games on their tv's. The SEC games are shown nationwide so the whole country can watch. Big 12-2 games are Regional. That makes a difference no matter how much you don't want to admit it.

The PAC 12 plays when most SEC folks are passed out drunk on Saturday night.

more spin control

If the system is that easily influenced, then it is destined to fail.

What SEC team won the BCS last year?

Why weren't rwo SEC teams playing in he BCS title game if it is as you say?

Desmond Howard has picked Texas to win the Big 12. This would really surprise me.

t would mean that Mack Brown had the talent and couldn't coach anymore. No wonder they used to call him "Coach February".

I am looking forward to the demeanor of the team against North Texas.

Mean Green had a pretty good record last year.........just sayin.  :rolleyes: