Can someone tell me why

stevenash

When George Bush looked at New Orleans through the window of an airplane without stopping to see the damage, it was hailed as an insensitive, inexcusable blunder by the President and was discussed on all three major networks multiple times.

Now, President Obama comes to Texas on a fund raising trip and does not take the time to make a side trip to the border to put himself in a position to fully grasp the severity of the problem and project assurance to the American people that he is on top of this issue ( like he portrayed during the Hurricane SAndy visit to New Jersey).  This situation gets no mention by any network but Fox.  Why is that?  I know, I know, for the kool aid drinkers its because "Fox Lies".  But other than that particular default excuse, what else?  I believe those of you who love to complain about Fox is because of situations like I have just described.

When George Bush looked at New Orleans through the window of an airplane without stopping to see the damage, it was hailed as an insensitive, inexcusable blunder by the President and was discussed on all three major networks multiple times.

Now, President Obama comes to Texas on a fund raising trip and does not take the time to make a side trip to the border to put himself in a position to fully grasp the severity of the problem and project assurance to the American people that he is on top of this issue ( like he portrayed during the Hurricane SAndy visit to New Jersey).  This situation gets no mention by any network but Fox.  Why is that?  I know, I know, for the kool aid drinkers its because "Fox Lies".  But other than that particular default excuse, what else?  I believe those of you who love to complain about Fox is because of situations like I have just described.

Steve, the only ones that made that argument about Bush was the drive-by media.  Hypocrisy is an amazing thing.  Where is the media concerning obama and not going to the border?  They are no where to be found.  Because it doesn't fit there liberal bias!  

Several news outlets actually reported that he went to the border, and even showed pictures of the event. Turns out one picture was from Colorado and the other from Austin. What happened to just reporting the news that happens as it happens? Why do news outlets think they have to make news?

God will supply all of my needs by his riches and glory in heaven. That doesn't matter, because all things work together for good for those who love the lord and are called according to his purpose.... they can raise my taxes if it means helping others.

What does paying taxes have to do with religion? I didn't ask what your church does with donations. Could you please help me out with where Any religion says, "give your money to the government because they help the poor"? I must have missed that sunday!

When you give your money to the government to "help the poor" about 20 cents on the dollar reaches the poor. The rest is used to feed the behemoth bureaucracy administering all of the plethora of "compassionate" programs

I think this is another area you and I may agree upon, Steve. I believe charitable donations should be at least a dollar for dollar deduction, rather than the current 50% credit. We should encourage benevolence among our citizens; and those of us that give can do so to organizations with the lowest "administrative" expenses to ensure more of our money actually gets to the "cause."

I think this is another area you and I may agree upon, Steve. I believe charitable donations should be at least a dollar for dollar deduction, rather than the current 50% credit. We should encourage benevolence among our citizens; and those of us that give can do so to organizations with the lowest "administrative" expenses to ensure more of our money actually gets to the "cause."

Yes, now were getting somewhere....this statement (at least in my mind) is the difference between liberals and conservatives on most social welfare issues....problem is, most charitable entities are Churches, and most liberals don't believe in God...I bet if what you said TxHoops ever comes to past....there would be alot more God fearing, loving, believing liberals in this country...lol

I havent thought this out completely but maybe someone else on here could give me the plusses and minuses of this thought.  If we are going to have to pay more taxes in order to help those that cant help themselves, why not permit the taxpayer to direct a portion of the taxes he pays to the charity/church of his choice just as long as that institutution in on a list that has been researched/approved by either the State or Fed govt.  Those institutions would be audited on a periodic basis to make sure that the vast majority of the funds collected were distributed as per the original intent.  Seems like this would remove some burden from a bloated and inefficient Federal Government and a larger percentage of the "gifted dollar" would reach those for whom it was intended. ( and I am pretty sure there would be fewer "lost email" and "broken hard drives")

God will supply all of my needs by his riches and glory in heaven. That doesn't matter, because all things work together for good for those who love the lord and are called according to his purpose.... they can raise my taxes if it means helping others.

Big Girl, I am actually saying this to myself for you and others to "hear" (read) but using your post as the jumping point since you make the statement that "God will supply all my needs".  I believe the very same thing yet I get caught up in all this politcal drama of what if the best way for us to govern ourselves in this country.  I think that I am, and we all are putting really all of our faith in our government to "supply all our needs" than I/we are putting in God.  And with the very fact that we have for over 40 years been systematically removing God from every facet of our government (actually we are thumbing our nose at God), we continue as a country that down what I feel is a dangerous path. This is not a democrat or republican issue, both parties are at fault.  One has abandoned for the most part any allegiance to God and the other is only giving lip service, but both are very secular in its ideals of governance.