Can someone tell me why

stevenash

Thanks Tobie- I think I understand your reasoning-  Now if I can just figure out why Mr. Obama stopped in New Jersey following the east coast Hurricane but not on the Texas border.  Seems to me that the Hurricane was a one day event while the border situation is a perpetual difficulty with much more potential harm.

maybe because over 1800 americans died in katrina http://www.hark.com/clips/ccgkzjpjgn-brownie-youre-doing-a-heck-of-a-job

Anytime someone dies it is sad, but a hurricane isn't quite the same as a tornado or earthquake. You are given warning that it is coming. You have time to get out of its way. The loss of property you can't do much about, nature is more powerful than we are. But, you could have walked, drove, taken a bus, or caught a plane out of New Orleans in time to save your life. The problem is, people don't take responsibility for themselves. They want someone else to do it for them. They will stay there and drown instead of trying to help themselves!

Anytime someone dies it is sad, but a hurricane isn't quite the same as a tornado or earthquake. You are given warning that it is coming. You have time to get out of its way. The loss of property you can't do much about, nature is more powerful than we are. But, you could have walked, drove, taken a bus, or caught a plane out of New Orleans in time to save your life. The problem is, people don't take responsibility for themselves. They want someone else to do it for them. They will stay there and drown instead of trying to help themselves!

I hear you, but it's not easy to evacuate when you are old or sick or poor.   Sure.  I can throw a few hundred dollars at a motel room or go stay with relatives somewhere.   Not sure everybody has those options.    Not to mention, nobody really anticipated the levee failure.  Most would have ridden out the storm fine if not for that.

I hear you, but it's not easy to evacuate when you are old or sick or poor.   Sure.  I can throw a few hundred dollars at a motel room or go stay with relatives somewhere.   Not sure everybody has those options.    Not to mention, nobody really anticipated the levee failure.  Most would have ridden out the storm fine if not for that.

But it had nothing to do with Bush, state level response was the blame.....

and most who stayed did so because they wanted to.......and when you make those type of decisions,  sometimes they don't go your way.....I would have stayed for RITA had it not been for my 11 YO Son......got to use the brain sometimes....

You are right.  But Bush received his criticism constantly from all major networks and for an extended period of time.  The media has so much invested in Obama that they find themselves unable to criticize him for similar deeds.  I also said earlier that Cindy Sheehan got seemingly undending coverage by all major networkds regarding the death of her son during the Bush Presidency and yet the parents of those killed in Benghazi get acknowledged only on Fox News which many of you like to complain doesnt present the news properly.

You are right.  But Bush received his criticism constantly from all major networks and for an extended period of time.  The media has so much invested in Obama that they find themselves unable to criticize him for similar deeds.  I also said earlier that Cindy Sheehan got seemingly undending coverage by all major networkds regarding the death of her son during the Bush Presidency and yet the parents of those killed in Benghazi get acknowledged only on Fox News which many of you like to complain doesnt present the news properly.

Good post....100% true.

We should not be surprised by all this. The world view that that is pervasive in the media and all facets of life in America today was being indoctrinated into the minds of these poeple as far back as 30+ years ago in our public education system and even more pointedly on the campuses of Higher Learning across this land.  They are just living out the beliefs that they were being systematically taught in their formative years. ECO is your textbook case study on this very phenomenon!!!

And it also says that if your child cannot be controlled and is a danger to society, the whole community should take it outside the gates and stone it to death!! But here in the good ole USA the elderly live in fear of teenagers and young adults in some communities!!!

old testament, if it says that at all.

You are right. But Bush received his criticism constantly from all major networks and for an extended period of time. The media has so much invested in Obama that they find themselves unable to criticize him for similar deeds. I also said earlier that Cindy Sheehan got seemingly undending coverage by all major networkds regarding the death of her son during the Bush Presidency and yet the parents of those killed in Benghazi get acknowledged only on Fox News which many of you like to complain doesnt present the news properly.

waaaaa

Why is it that you're so concerned what MSNBC CNN or anything you consider mainstream report on.

I am concerned with all of them.  Tell my why I shouldnt be.  They all supported Obama and dont have the testicular courage to report anything negative about him and, these days, there is a lot of that.  You ought to be concerned too because when this country was organized, it counted on an honest press to keep the American people informed.  That honesty has been replaced by ideology.

I am concerned with all of them.  Tell my why I shouldnt be.  They all supported Obama and dont have the testicular courage to report anything negative about him and, these days, there is a lot of that.  You ought to be concerned too because when this country was organized, it counted on an honest press to keep the American people informed.  That honesty has been replaced by ideology.

that's your opinion all networks reported on Benghazi fox lead the charge All Media is bias. I can give 100 examples.