Can someone tell me why

stevenash

My faith is completely in Christ. I cant answer for anyone else. What's happening in the "world" does not bother me, because I look at things in the spiritual realm. That is why I have a peace that defies all understanding...all you guys do is complain, try praying instead since you guys (conservatives) are so religious... :)

The bible says give to Caesar what is due to Ceasar. (Taxes). One of disciples was a tax collector I believe. Please read the bible before responding.

And if "Caesar" misuses those taxes and you suffer for it while those who choose not to work benefit??? It's cool because "Caesar" is really a good tax collector who is only criticized because of his race. Do I have that right?

He also said people who commit homosexual acts should be stoned to death, that aborting a baby is killing, and that people would be given over as slaves to other people!! Still want to take scriptures and use them to prove political points?? I know you won't actually respond, but will just throw out some random fact or ask some unrelated question so I guess this is rhetorical.

God told the Romans to give Ceasar what is due to him period. He also says that we should help the poor and needy. When God tells you to do something, dont question it just do it and you will be blessed.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees and Herodians when He made this statement.

Mathew 22:21

They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

He also said give to God what is God's, strange that you left that out.

If you are going to use Scripture, at least quote it right.

The intent was never to give to Caeser and trust him to give it to God.

We were talking about taxes thats why i didnt mention tithing. The tithes are GODs and we sow into the church to further God's mission. ( like helping the poor and needy) Do any of you go to church or read the bible? Those things trojan said are in the old testament we are living under the new covenant so.....according to the bible we pay taxes and we give 10% of our money to the church.

We were talking about taxes thats why i didnt mention tithing. The tithes are GODs and we sow into the church to further God's mission. ( like helping the poor and needy) Do any of you go to church or read the bible? Those things trojan said are in the old testament we are living under the new covenant so.....according to the bible we pay taxes and we give 10% of our money to the church.

No No No...you said:

"God told the Romans to give Ceasar what is due to him period."

You should actually read the Bible before you quote it.

He also said people who commit homosexual acts should be stoned to death, that aborting a baby is killing, and that people would be given over as slaves to other people!! Still want to take scriptures and use them to prove political points?? I know you won't actually respond, but will just throw out some random fact or ask some unrelated question so I guess this is rhetorical.

God didnt say those things.  Some man said them.

God would not want our tax money to be used to pay for abortions, but he also wouldnt want our tax money to be given as subsidies to oil companies. Jesus did mention something about helping the poor. Waaaaaaaaa, just get over it.

Bible also says if you don't work you don't eat.  Hummmm!

Bible also says if you don't work you don't eat.  Hummmm!

And it also says that if your child cannot be controlled and is a danger to society, the whole community should take it outside the gates and stone it to death!!  But here in the good ole USA the elderly live in fear of teenagers and young adults in some communities!!!