Beaumont ISD Assistants

But you called BISD and Beaumontthe biggest craphole in the state ans possibly the nation. That's big words... But surely you hail from some school district and you follow a particular team from some city.

I think it's collectively known as "the armpit of Texas." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

you spent a large amount of time in Beaumont before?

Long enough to know why it's called the armpit of Texas. Mr Garrity I was under the impression your were a west Texas man with all of the Abilene posts and what not. Why so much concern for the armpit?

Long enough to know why it's called the armpit of Texas. Mr Garrity I was under the impression your were a west Texas man with all of the Abilene posts and what not. Why so much concern for the armpit?

um did you READ under the location before you posted this? Just asking. ;)

...It's funny... I've never heard Beaumont refered to as the armpit of SETX. Was that some sort of silly catch phrase that you concocted all by yourself?

And if it's really the 'craphole' and the 'armpit of southeast Texas' then why do people from suburbs and other small towns faithfully drive here every day to work, shop, go out to eat, or other family orientated events? Doesn't sound quite like a craphole to me unless your views are majorly flawed.

On the flipside I've never in my 3+ decades of living heard anyone make plans or preparations to travel or move to Chester, Texas. Most have never even heard of it.

...It's funny... I've never heard Beaumont refered to as the armpit of SETX. Was that some sort of silly catch phrase that you concocted all by yourself?

And if it's really the 'craphole' and the 'armpit of southeast Texas' then why do people from subrurbs and other small towns faithfully drive here every day to work, shop, go out to eat, or other family orientated events? Doesn't sound quite like a craphole to me unless your views are majorly flawed.

On the flipside I've never in my 3+ decades of liver heard anyone make plans or preparations to travel or move to Chester, Texas. Most have never even heard of it.

i guess never being heard of is LOTS better than being known for a corrupt school district.

soulja just so you know there is a church camp in chester. 100's if not 1000's go to every year. don't forget hunting season lots of people travel to chester to go hunting also. maybe you are hanging out with the wrong crowd if you never heard of people making plans to go to chester in your 3+ decades of liver.

http://www.camptakula.com/TAKULA.html

i guess never being heard of is LOTS better than being known for a corrupt school district.

soulja just so you know there is a church camp in chester. 100's if not 1000's go to every year. don't forget hunting season lots of people travel to chester to go hunting also. maybe you are hanging out with the wrong crowd if you never heard of people making plans to go to chester in your 3+ decades of liver.

http://www.camptakula.com/TAKULA.html

how old are you?

It depends on jobs and how far you're willing to drive. I've known people thst lived in Port Arthur that drove this far. When I got stationed in Orange back in 2003, my kids were elementary and middle school age. The most important thing for me was the school system. We settled in Groves and would do it again. Now having been stationed in Ingleside, Grand Prairie, Fort Worth, and Orange, I have heard the term "Armpit" of Texas. Having lived there, I didn't agree with it.

I've heard 'armpit' being used to refer to many large cities such as Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, ect.... I assume It's an inside joke for any big city or town surrounded by the neighboring suburbs...

Fox, you should know by now that I've intentionally ignored you up until now... I don't debate to ignorance, stupidity, or someone that's just intentionally being an arse and something else that I'll refrain from saying...

I've never heard of this reference. I have been to dang near every nook in TX. DFW is one of my faves & I've never heard anyone refer to us as the armpit. No disrespect to Chester, but if I were you, I wouldn't resort to name calling. You guys make comments, but can't read or descipher where other posters are from, nor understand their posts because you're too consumed with passing judgement before getting the jist. I guess it's that Stellar education you've obtained. Before you get in a frenzy to find out where I'm from, I proudly Hail from PAT ( Port Arthur, TX) for you overly educated Bums.
***** Kids please stay off the forum Lol

Educated in PAISD

I've never heard of this reference. I have been to dang near every nook in TX. DFW is one of my faves & I've never heard anyone refer to us as the armpit. No disrespect to Chester, but if I were you, I wouldn't resort to name calling. You guys make comments, but can't read or descipher where other posters are from, nor understand their posts because you're too consumed with passing judgement before getting the jist. I guess it's that Stellar education you've obtained. Before you get in a frenzy to find out where I'm from, I proudly Hail from PAT ( Port Arthur, TX) for you overly educated Bums.
***** Kids please stay off the forum Lol
Educated in PAISD

alot of that passing judgement goes on in another part of this board also. ;)

A lot of Beaumont problems comes from  some cities around Beaumont RACE problem city's so you know who you are, you traded this website for your HOOD!  Beaumont problems started with the James boys and the 20 million missing in 84'.

A lot of Beaumont problems comes from  some cities around Beaumont RACE problem city's so you know who you are, you traded this website for your HOOD!  Beaumont problems started with the James boys and the 20 million missing in 84'.

I remeber tha incident in '84 and that 20 million that was never found, and no one was charged for stealing. How has time changed.