4A State Tournament

Just curious...

Do they draw their pairings, or are they seeded due to "strength of schedule".

Students I have in class at GRHS say Hallsville has the best record and that Victoria East is from the weakest region.

I am travelling to the game Thursday.  Hope GRHS can take the openner.  GRHS has two quality pitchers which might come into play if they are fortunate enough to play for all the marbles on Friday.

It's Region 1 vs Region 3 and Region 2 vs Region 4. The winner of each plays for state,

Not exactly.

It is done like the state basketball tourney. The two teams with the best winning percentage are the top two seeds. Then it's a basic coin flip to see who their opponents are from the remaining two teams.

If it ends up being a Region I vs. Region III, Region II vs. Region IV, it's just by coincidence.

Just curious...
Do they draw their pairings, or are they seeded due to "strength of schedule".

Students I have in class at GRHS say Hallsville has the best record and that Victoria East is from the weakest region.

I am travelling to the game Thursday.  Hope GRHS can take the openner.  GRHS has two quality pitchers which might come into play if they are fortunate enough to play for all the marbles on Friday.

Region 4 is traditionally a POWERHOUSE when it comes to baseball. CC Moody, CC Calallen come from this region and are always good along with several other teams. VE beat the then #1 CC Moody, Buda Hays, AND Schertz Clemens to get to the tournament. That is a gauntlet of top quality teams to beat. That is why I picked the winner of GR and VE to win it all based on the quality of teams they beat to get there.

I like to stay skeptical as a fan and say if GR hits and pitches as they have been then they take the first. This is state and its a big stage. GRs first trip past the first round and inexperience can play a factor. Ill be there and rooting on GR but im only making a prediction for the first game due to superstition that looking past VE gives VE an advantage. That squad took down Moody and that may or may not have had to do with Moody looking too far ahead. If GR is swinging I say 9-6. If GR pitches Grant first they might score a little more if you add in de fence errors. Grant is a great pitches just speaking from patterns. If Kopps pitches(highly unlikely) then you looking at 6-1. He really throws it down on the mound and is hard to shake if he gets hot. Really steamed Brenham's hitters last week and that's not at all easy to do. This squad has the potential to take it all but as anyone they can misstep and lose. GR

Im also going to add that if you took away the regions and divided the state north and south that GR and Brenham would be the top two teams in the south no doubt. I do think besides Moody and that other corpus school that region 4 is the weakest of the regions all-around. Their football besides SA Madison and Steele is just not anywhere near the talent level as other regions. that's just a fact.  

Victoria East had the better players too. Their SS is solid! Best hitter for them easily too.

Aledo doesn't have any big players, but they all hit well as a team and execute in situations.

Aledo vs Victoria East for the championship should be a good one. Sound defensively for both these clubs.

I'm staying for the two 5A games, then heading home. Won't catch the 4A game.