2B: Broussard - HJ
SS: Thompson - HJ
3B: Dallas - WOS
OF: Simpson - HF
OF: Gunn - BC
OF: Anthony - OF
DH: Padgett - HJ/Williams - WOS
Util: Herring - HF

Other than this, I don't have much of an opinion.

2nd Team

Starting P: A. Anderson - WOS
Catcher: Burgason - HF
1B: Hartman - Sils
2B: Broussard - HJ
SS: Thompson - HJ
3B: Dallas - WOS
OF: Simpson - HF
OF: Gunn - BC
OF: Anthony - OF
DH: Padgett - HJ/Williams - WOS
Util: Herring - HF

Other than this, I don't have much of an opinion.

Yeah, that looks good if you are on crack!!!! You guys filling in these blanks need to get a life.... I guess you know what all the batting averages were, how many times they had a runner in scoring position and put the ball in play to get them in, SAC bunts, SAC fly's, getting an extra base on a bone head play by the other team... You think ground balls, popularity, and pop-ups go into the selections, but it doesnt... Coaches take it all into consideration... You may see every other kid twice in one season when they play your team and thats it.... So now your qualified to come on a public forum, that these kids read, and tell some of them they are not deserving of the award they earned... These coaches award these kids for all sorts of things that you and I dont see... Also, Mr AAW, the comment you made that HJ came in 6th and had 6 kids make all district makes me wonder what your point is? What are you insinuating? That our coach bullied the others into voting the way they did or that maybe he blackmailed them? Or maybe we did have 6 deserving kids on the field??

Yeah, that looks good if you are on crack!!!! You guys filling in these blanks need to get a life.... I guess you know what all the batting averages were, how many times they had a runner in scoring position and put the ball in play to get them in, SAC bunts, SAC fly's, getting an extra base on a bone head play by the other team... You think ground balls, popularity, and pop-ups go into the selections, but it doesnt... Coaches take it all into consideration... You may see every other kid twice in one season when they play your team and thats it.... So now your qualified to come on a public forum, that these kids read, and tell some of them they are not deserving of the award they earned... These coaches award these kids for all sorts of things that you and I dont see... Also, Mr AAW, the comment you made that HJ came in 6th and had 6 kids make all district makes me wonder what your point is? What are you insinuating? That our coach bullied the others into voting the way they did or that maybe he blackmailed them? Or maybe we did have 6 deserving kids on the field??

No disrespect to HJ intended, I was surprised at the 6 on the All District team from the aspect of health. You guys were beat up all year!! Every time we played it seemed there was another guy getting surgery or hurt really bad. Guys way of position and just a random lineup all the time. The players that played did well, no knocking the effort here. Congrats to all those that made the team.

Rake1

I am happy for all the kids that got recognized.  I do think with the amount of kids getting honors,  it does water down the intention of the awards from days gone by and that was for all the coaches to pool their opinions and come up with the "Most Outstanding" of players in their respective positions.  The coaches can never make everyone happy whether there are 25 awards or 65.  Whatever the number, I do believe most if not all the coaches try to be fair and unbiased based on the data and stats they have available.  BTW, my kid wasn't one of them, and I feel bad for him.  My job as a parent though is to pick him up and help him be realistic about what he needs to do to achieve those honors in the future if they are important to him, not bash the system, or other players that made it ahead of him.  On a positive note, our district/area has and still is providing a whole lot of qualified baseball players to the next level from DIII's to MLB, for which we should all be very proud of.  For example, almost any team you see playing in CWS baseball tournament or  softball for that matter, has kids from our general geographical area.   

I am happy for all the kids that got recognized.  I do think with the amount of kids getting honors,  it does water down the intention of the awards from days gone by and that was for all the coaches to pool their opinions and come up with the "Most Outstanding" of players in their respective positions.  The coaches can never make everyone happy whether there are 25 awards or 65.  Whatever the number, I do believe most if not all the coaches try to be fair and unbiased based on the data and stats they have available.  BTW, my kid wasn't one of them, and I feel bad for him.  My job as a parent though is to pick him up and help him be realistic about what he needs to do to achieve those honors in the future if they are important to him, not bash the system, or other players that made it ahead of him.  On a positive note, our district/area has and still is providing a whole lot of qualified baseball players to the next level from DIII's to MLB, for which we should all be very proud of.  For example, almost any team you see playing in CWS baseball tournament or  softball for that matter, has kids from our general geographical area.

Well said! Great post!

Rake1