how well will newton and west orange -stark match up this year

Can you read? Where did I say Newton was a bottom feeder?

You stated that WOS beats local 3A teams and 4A Bottom feeders, I think PNG, LCM, and Central may not fit in that category, Central is on the right track with Foreman as their coach and the winning tradition that goes along with PNG speaks for itself. Newton will be a great matchup and thats exactly what WOS needs in pre district games. I stated that Newton must be a bottom feeder if thats what you call programs that continue the traditions these 4A schools have that WOS plays. Believe me WOS doesnt look for the easy targets to gauge their talent by. WOS wants to Compete against the best! So Newton feel good that you are in our sights!

You stated that WOS beats local 3A teams and 4A Bottom feeders, I think PNG, LCM, and Central may not fit in that category, Central is on the right track with Foreman as their coach and the winning tradition that goes along with PNG speaks for itself. Newton will be a great matchup and thats exactly what WOS needs in pre district games. I stated that Newton must be a bottom feeder if thats what you call programs that continue the traditions these 4A schools have that WOS plays. Believe me WOS doesnt look for the easy targets to gauge their talent by. WOS wants to Compete against the best! So Newton feel good that you are in our sights!

I stated that WOS beats 3A teams and local 4A bottom feeders. I did not say Newton is a "bottom feeder". Newton plays teams above their classification such as WOS and delivers in the playoffs. You may be correct in the that PNG and Central could qualify as mediocre. LCM is a bottom feeder with a losing all time record. There are no elite 4A teams in SETX. Dayton is the closest thing we have.

I stated that WOS beats 3A teams and local 4A bottom feeders. I did not say Newton is a "bottom feeder". Newton plays teams above their classification such as WOS and delivers in the playoffs. You may be correct in the that PNG and Central could qualify as mediocre. LCM is a bottom feeder with a losing all time record. There are no elite 4A teams in SETX. Dayton is the closest thing we have.

Your too funny!!!!! WOS cannot possibly travel all over the state to play against top teams unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips. Go get hooked on phonics!

Your too funny!!!!! WOS cannot possibly travel all over the state to play against top teams unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips. Go get hooked on phonics!

Where did I say "WOS should travel all over the state"? How would "intelligence" sponsor trips? What does "phonics" have to do with traveling all over the state? Do you know what "phonics" are? You are doing an excellent job of reading something and making up a corresponding story about what you read. Are you a WOS graduate? 

Where did I say "WOS should travel all over the state"? How would "intelligence" sponsor trips? What does "phonics" have to do with traveling all over the state? Do you know what "phonics" are? You are doing an excellent job of reading something and making up a corresponding story about what you read. Are you a WOS graduate? 

My post said nothing of the sort! you on the other hand made the statement that WOS play weaks schools, that's not the case. WOS would love to test the waters for better competition but that would require traveling! This thread is about WOS and Newton meeting up this year! WOS wins BIG! Dont take it so serious! By the way are you a Newton fan, or you just trying to find a winning program to be a part of?

My post said nothing of the sort! you on the other hand made the statement that WOS play weaks schools, that's not the case. WOS would love to test the waters for better competition but that would require traveling! This thread is about WOS and Newton meeting up this year! WOS wins BIG! Dont take it so serious! By the way are you a Newton fan, or you just trying to find a winning program to be a part of?

Your post said nothing of the sort? Here is your post:

Your too funny!!!!! WOS cannot possibly travel all over the state to play against top teams unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips. (you said unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips) Go get hooked on phonics! (you then said get hooked on phonics).

I don't care about WOS vs Huffman as WOS has traditionally been a better program. I have said multiple times that WOS is likely the best 3A in SETX though WOS is not undefeated against Huffman in the playoffs. WOS is among the better 3A programs in SETX along with Jasper. WOS is and has been nothing special outside of SETX. Newton on the other hand is a state power in 2A. This not in question.

Your post said nothing of the sort? Here is your post:

Your too funny!!!!! WOS cannot possibly travel all over the state to play against top teams unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips. (you said unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips) Go get hooked on phonics! (you then said get hooked on phonics).

I don't care about WOS vs Huffman as WOS has traditionally been a better program. I have said multiple times that WOS is likely the best 3A in SETX though WOS is not undefeated against Huffman in the playoffs. WOS is among the better 3A programs in SETX along with Jasper. WOS is and has been nothing special outside of SETX. Newton on the other hand is a state power in 2A. This not in question.

Dude, you are just digging yourself deeper. WOS's trophy case says hello.

Dude, you are just digging yourself deeper. WOS's trophy case says hello.

Digging myself in deeper? I said WOS is likely the best 3A in SETX. I believe they have made it out of the region once since they have been 3A. They are without question a region power.  

Digging myself in deeper? I said WOS is likely the best 3A in SETX. I believe they have made it out of the region once since they have been 3A. They are without question a region power.

You said:

"WOS is and has been nothing special outside of SETX."

Well, except for multiple state championships I guess. Sorry your school has gotten beat down with regularity by the Mustangs. As chuk figured out, that explains the illogical and irrational statements you continue to make.

You said:

"WOS is and has been nothing special outside of SETX."

Well, except for multiple state championships I guess. Sorry your school has gotten beat down with regularity by the Mustangs. As chuk figured out, that explains the illogical and irrational statements you continue to make.

There is no question that WOS was a power in the 80s with two championships. They made it out of the region in 2000 and 2005. They are likely the most consistent program in the region. They even beat Huffman this year to pull to 2-1 all time against Huffman in the playoffs. As far as SETX goes they are at the top of the 3A list. When compared with the elite programs to the North and West of SETX, not so much.

There is no question that WOS was a power in the 80s with two championships. They made it out of the region in 2000 and 2005. They are likely the most consistent program in the region. They even beat Huffman this year to pull to 2-1 all time against Huffman in the playoffs. As far as SETX goes they are at the top of the 3A list. When compared with the elite programs to the North and West of SETX, not so much.

Any Classification. ..SETX ...lol

Any Classification. ..SETX ...lol

You could be right to an extent. SETX is has no power 4As and only a couple of 5As that are mediocre. WB and PAM would definitely curb stomp WOS but most of the 4As would be competitive with WOS.

Newton and Burkeville are the only SETX teams to win championships in the last 27 years. By way of comparison, the regions to the North and West (does not include Houston or South of Houston) have fielded 30 state champions in the same time period. The data clearly shows WOS is one of the best programs in SETX. Outside of SETX, not so much. 

Again you could be right about WB/PA in this day & time..numbers don't lie, but don't forget there was a time WOS had those Number ...ck those record books..
One more thing ..All the other schools you name if you was to ck the background of some the Athlete they from WOS ...WOS just showing love ....

WOS will beat Newton handily. WOS will also not get out of the region. And neither will Newton.

They are both the best football program in SETx for their classification. But that's not even close to good enough for a state championship. The rest of the state is just too much better.

WOS will beat Newton handily. WOS will also not get out of the region. And neither will Newton.

They are both the best football program in SETx for their classification. But that's not even close to good enough for a state championship. The rest of the state is just too much better.

Great post old school!

You could be right to an extent. SETX is has no power 4As and only a couple of 5As that are mediocre. WB and PAM would definitely curb stomp WOS but most of the 4As would be competitive with WOS.

Newton and Burkeville are the only SETX teams to win championships in the last 27 years. By way of comparison, the regions to the North and West (does not include Houston or South of Houston) have fielded 30 state champions in the same time period. The data clearly shows WOS is one of the best programs in SETX. Outside of SETX, not so much.

Memorial would, not so much WB.

There is no question that WOS was a power in the 80s with two championships. They made it out of the region in 2000 and 2005. They are likely the most consistent program in the region. They even beat Huffman this year to pull to 2-1 all time against Huffman in the playoffs. As far as SETX goes they are at the top of the 3A list. When compared with the elite programs to the North and West of SETX, not so much.

Uhhhh....news flash. WOS is on the shortlist of the most consistent winners in Texas HS football history. In ALL classifications at that. I believe in WOS' 30 something year history they have had one losing season. And 1 or 2 .500 teams. Lets just state a simple provable fact....wos has the highest winning percentage in the State in any classification of Hs football. I dont see how consistently making it to the last 8 teams for the past 3 or 4 years only qualifies as being good in SETX. Seems pretty good statewide also. And to further validate, they have lost to the eventual state champ in most of the latest seasons.

I don't really see what's hard to understand here...WOS has the highest winning % in the state. ... Playing against the likes of HJ, Hamshire, Silsbee...etc. like I said...the best team out of the bunch. So yes..they will consistently go 10-0, 9,1 ... I'm not saying they can help who they play because they can't. But the fact remains...they would not have that same winning % somewhere else.

They also consistently exit the playoffs when they see someone not from setx. Last 8 every year...yep. That's about when you see someone from another part of the state