#10 West Sabine vs #9 Colmesneil @ Minute Maid!

Saturday, April 19th, the West Sabine Tigers and the Colmesneil Bulldogs will play at Minute Maid bright and early at 10 AM! This will be an amazing experience for all the players and coaches who are participating! The bulldogs came out on top the last time they played winning 1-0. In all reality this is the district championship game for these two teams! I think that this go around it will be a fairly high scoring game.

West Sabine 5 Colmesneil 7 

Who y'all got? 

West Sabine is hitting the ball much better and throughout the line-up compared to where they were in the match up earlier this season but I am sure that the Bulldogs are playing better also.  I think it will be another nail biter but I see WS winning this go around.  Either way it will be a lot of fun.

BTW, Coach Kevin "Little Jimmy Harbaugh" Lane would LOVE to wear his helmet on the field!!! 

I will be in the dugout with the team so I will try to update as often as possible. West Sabine is hitting better but Colmesneil always has great pitching. Its always close when these two play, but I'm going with WS 6-4. That's my prediction but it really could go either way...........Love the "Little Jimmy Harbaugh" reference there, Uncle Si!!!

High Island and Hardin played there earlier. It's a pretty cool deal how it works. Each school is on the hook for 500 tickets at 20 each ($10,000). they turn around and sell the tickets for 27 each ($13,500). They give 10k to the Astros and get to keep 3500 for their program plus play at MM. The tickets are actually vouchers and good for any game except the opening series against the Yankees.

From what I heard West Sabine only put up 1 hit against BURKEVILLE last night :huh:

Burkeville has a kid that moved in that is SALTY on the mound.  If he is on then he is pretty dang good.  As for this game and the whole situation...it is an awesome set up for the school and the kids!

From the looks of it wolverine it sounds like your a little jealous ;)

Not at all.  Just seemed weird for it being played to see who gets first place in district.  500 people would be half of the population of Pineland...just looking at it seem it would be kinda hard to fill the seats.  I would go just to see a high school game played at Minute Maid....better than watching the Astros!

Burkeville has a kid that moved in that is SALTY on the mound.  If he is on then he is pretty dang good.  As for this game and the whole situation...it is an awesome set up for the school and the kids!

Yes, Burkeville does have a stud pitcher that is only a sophomore, but he only pitched the last 3 innings. The Evans kid started and pitched 4 great innings. West Sabine scored on 3 errors. Got to give credit to Burkeville's coach for getting the team in the right direction. They have not won a district game in 3 years until this coach came in the picture and they have now won 3 or 4 so far this season. This coach came from Shelbyville with a good coaching background under Coach Innerarity who is now the head baseball coach at Livingston which it's in the top 3 of there district... Burkeville might be a team to look out for here in the next 2 years if this coach stays.