#10 West Sabine vs #9 Colmesneil @ Minute Maid!

Saturday, April 19th, the West Sabine Tigers and the Colmesneil Bulldogs will play at Minute Maid bright and early at 10 AM! This will be an amazing experience for all the players and coaches who are participating! The bulldogs came out on top the last time they played winning 1-0. In all reality this is the district championship game for these two teams! I think that this go around it will be a fairly high scoring game.

West Sabine 5 Colmesneil 7 

Who y'all got? 

did they put more fans in the seats than the Astros? I was thinking they would. :D

West Sabine had some very disrespectful fans at one point the Colmesneil catcher let a ball get by him and I heard a person right up from me tell him he sucked.

Come on now, no sour grapes please.  I did not hear anything like that.  WS had approximately 300 in attendance and from what I could tell Colmesneil had somewhere between 200-225 which means that together we had roughly the same attendance as the Astros had for their games at the end of last season!!  ZING!!  ....................  Seriously though, with that many present I would not doubt that there may have been a few boneheads there that may have made some off color remarks but I'm sure it went both ways and you can't label an entire school district over the acts of 1 bonehead!  I do appologize on behalf of our community if something was said.  It does not represent us all.

This was a GREAT experience for the players, coaches, and our communities.  It was a lot of fun watching our kids play at Minute Maid and an experience that 99.999999% of them will never get to do again.  There were memories forged Saturday that these kids will not forget for the rest of their lives and I can imagine some will be passing those memories on to their grandchildren while watching an Astros game on TV.  A great game at a great ballpark between two great teams, like I said, it was a lot of fun.  Good luck to both teams in the playoffs, I fully expect to see one of the two representing our district in Austin as I believe both teams have what it takes to get out of this region.  Go Tigers and Bulldogs! 

The Astros still had more than 500 total ppl ..even at the end of last season. I understand there was a good crowd but stop trying to compare it to a crowd for a Astros game

Please try and note the sarcasm in my post.  I know full well that the Astros have more in attendance on their worst day than this, it was simply a joke. 

Uncle Si don't you know only Kountze is capable of filling Minute Maid Park?....
Seriously, congrats to the Tigers and Bulldogs on having this opportunity!

Of course you would say something negative.. geez did I ever say Kountze would fill it up? Guess I haven't been negative towards Warren lately so you had to chime in.

West Sabine had some very disrespectful fans at one point the Colmesneil catcher let a ball get by him and I heard a person right up from me tell him he sucked.

One bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bunch, bro. I was down behind home plate and I didn't hear anything like that from either side. I was the one who had the hair spiked up in the Texans jersey. Competitive juices were going on each side. This should be an interesting rd. 3 when they meet again......

I just want to say thank you to the coaches, administation, and school districts of both West Sabine and Colmesneil for making this possible for all of our players. I was really special for all of them. Good job making this happen to Coach Hooker and Coach Lane. Thank you guys!

Hear Hear!!!!! Congrats to both coaches for making this happen for these two great teams......

One bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bunch, bro. I was down behind home plate and I didn't hear anything like that from either side. I was the one who had the hair spiked up in the Texans jersey. Competitive juices were going on each side. This should be an interesting rd. 3 when they meet again......

It looks as though a flip of the coin will be the determining factor of this district.  Does it really matter though?  Regardless of seeding you're going to have to face the top teams to get out of the region.  I'm not sure that winning the flip is the most beneficial option.  I HATE having a bye, it can be a momentum killer!