Will BISD Hire BMT Ozen a Good Coach or still search for that 8 & 12 Used Car Salesman?

JRidge

My kids attend Ozen, so I won't report what I hear of what happened because I didn't attend the meeting. Don't want any misinformation hurting Our Ozen Family. I will give any information I'm privy to if I'm in attendance of any further meetings if there are any. Please pray for our kids & we will do the same for yours. Thanks for all of your interest & concerns.
Proud Panther Parent

Well, well, well! Maybe he just might be the next Ozen Head Football Coach! He's won as a player, a coach, a defendant and looks like he maybwin as a litigant! Hmm, he knows how to fight, that's one thing for sure! If TEA says he can Coach again then I guess whatever happened, he has met their criteria! Let's get this show on the road!

I may not be as in the know about the Ozen community as some on this board, but I would be shocked if any community would turn the other way so a coach with this kind of past can be hired.  I know I would not be sending my child there, and especially not my daughter.  Who cares if TEA says he hays paid the time for the crime.  IMO that crime is not worth risking our children for.  I hope Ozen can find a successful and morally correct coach!

I may not be as in the know about the Ozen community as some on this board, but I would be shocked if any community would turn the other way so a coach with this kind of past can be hired. I know I would not be sending my child there, and especially not my daughter. Who cares if TEA says he hays paid the time for the crime. IMO that crime is not worth risking our children for. I hope Ozen can find a successful and morally correct coach!

What if he hasnt commited a crime? From what i have seen in the past, if there is any merit to the accusations the TEA wouldnt come close to giving his license back. Has anyone researched or seen what the charges against him were? Just curious. If the girl recanted her statement then something isnt jiving there.

I havent heard pleasant things about this guy the past 24-36 hours from folks I personally know from the north-side of Houston. Very strange seeing as he was winning at NF.

Hmm...makes it even more interesting. Something isnt right here. If all this talk about him is true, there is no way he would have even made a second interview much less board approval. I understan BISD has had problems but there is no way they disnt reasearch this guy. I just dont believe they didnt dig into his background. Doesnt matter if your trying to get a job at McDonalds or Google, the companies no their applicants history. Something fishy is going on here. Im sure the truth will come out eventually but i honestly cant imagine Atkins not telling the truth for the simple fact of being smeared all over the media. He had to have known BISD has a magnifying glass on them. What man in his right mind would put himself through all that??

I havent heard pleasant things about this guy the past 24-36 hours from folks I personally know from the north-side of Houston. Very strange seeing as he was winning at NF.

People talk bad adout Jesus Christ and won't follow him, therefore you know we all are subject to ridicule. Accusations don't mean guilty. If someone's child accuse you of rape tomorrow and you know you were innocent, how would you want society to view or treat you? If you don't wear the shoes, you never know how they feel! IJS

I do not know what happened with Coach Atkins in the past.  However, some people on here are saying he must be innocent for this or that reason(certificate reinstated, charges dropped, etc.).  I have seen this happen before where the person charged just kept getting trial delayed and they finally gave up.  I have also seen teachers have relationships where they were allowed to resign so they could brush it under the table.  Only Coach Atkins, the girl and God know the complete truth.

I think with the hiring of Coach Foreman at Central last year the BISD proved that they can and will find a good coach...Bigger question for BISD will allways be "Can they keep a good coach?"

I think with the BISD policy on paying it's HC the same at each school and not having AD's at each school they will continue to have to hire assistant coaches as HC, but with a little research thats not allways a bad thing. Of course with these policies it makes it tuff to keep those guys around once they have tasted success.

They need another Alex Durley!