Lamar vs, SHSU On Fox

Like I said, I didn't get the details and only saw a short video clip in passing on the news.  Wasn't sure what happened just that there was some bad blood between the two players.

That was embarassing, it would be one thing if LU got rolled like that against Memphis or some other top 25 program but against SHSU?  Pathetic.  I havent been to a Cards game in person this year because of my schedule with Wildcatters hockey but after watching that last night on tv, why would I want to???  We dont get any top teams coming in here, and this would be the same problem the football program if it were re-instated would face, no good teams coming in equals no good support.

Man y'all are harsh. This team hasn't learned to play on the road yet, that's what happens to team that are still getting to know each other. I know some might be thinking they should be together by now but it takes a whole season sometime. Sam has a good club that played toe to toe at UCLA for 3/4 of the game before losing. As far as who would want to go see the Cards they still lead the SLC by far in attendance with over 3,000 a game. Against SFA there were over 4,000 while other SLC schools are lucky to get a 1,000. It's tought to get bigger schools to play in Beaumont because they have nothing to gain but this year BYU played here and Texas Tech is on the way in the near future. Trust me I know Roc, just give him time. Ashton is on the way and other big names could be too.

From some local HS refs I know he is a BIG school talent with a small school mind.  I know one ref who is no longer allowed to ref Memorial games because he gave J'Covan a Technical.  So if he does come here my guess is that it will be due to him not being mature enough to handle a big time program.

I'm not hiding behind anything, all I'm repeating is what a friend of mine who is a local HS basketball official told me.  And as for my daughter she starts kindergarten next September, you've got a while to wait.  I didnt go to college here, went to high school and thats it, just because I live here doesnt mean I owe LU anything, I dont owe them my allegiance because I live here. 

A kid as talented as J'Covan is, I can completely believe him to be a head case, it's all too common with kids that age these days, look at the kids who commit to one school then switch after one season because they didnt get their playing time.  He went to Kelly the last 2 years on a scholarship, it wasnt like he lived in Beaumont, the faculty basically didnt invite him back for this year.  but thats all off the point of this topic.

I know this is Roc's first year as head coach but from what I've seen so far it's the same story verse 8 since Foster left, LU plays to the ability of their opponent, home games against smaller schools LU used to win by 40-50-60 are now by 15-20.  And they havent been good on the road in ages.

If that is a pic of your daughter she is cute. My kids are 14, 13 and 11. A little older than yours. If you have no loyalty to Lamar, then why post on every topic about Lamar? I never hide behind a user-name. There are a few people who post on this board who know me. They will tell you the same.

Dale Rose

I dont have any loyalty to there as I didnt attend college there, but that being said I would like to see them succeed as in the past, hell I did their PA announcing from about 1995-1999 in the Montagne.  I was there when Tom Penders brought the Horns into Beaumont.  But I think the kids LU has been getting the last what 15 years are not the answer....why is it NW La or SHSU finds kids who can play and LU can't???  Or is it that Bmt is still stuck in the late 70s-80s and thinks we're right there.  There's not a school in the SLC  who LU didnt used to thump regularly and it wasnt even close.  Now every year they struggle around .500 while what are really lesser schools and historically programs are not beating top teams but competing with them.

I will admit Lamar hasn't been successful on the court in numberous years. However, there are other sports Lamar has been successful. BTW, don't count out a future return of the pigskin to the Cardinal program in the future. I've been intrusted with some (non public information) which is all I can say at this point.

You don't have loyalties to LU, I understand since you did not attend the school. I've never understood someone being loyal to LSU, A&M, UT, Florida, Miami and any number of schools people support but have never even set foot on their campus.

I'm proud to say the Lamar campus and university is in the best shape it ever has been, thanks Dr. Simmons and other current administrators. Lamar University's best days aren't in the past as some may think, but it the future. One day that little darling of yours may be a LU grad. Wouldn't that be the darnest thing?

I doubt it, she learned the words to "The Eyes Of Texas" and "Texas Fight" at the age of 2, like her dad she's a Longhorn, but thats no reflection on LU, if she were to persue an Engineering or Nursing degree I would have no problems with her attending there.  She has only one mandate from me about schooling as she grows up, anywhere but college station.  ;D

I doubt it, she learned the words to "The Eyes Of Texas" and "Texas Fight" at the age of 2, like her dad she's a Longhorn, but thats no reflection on LU, if she were to persue an Engineering or Nursing degree I would have no problems with her attending there.  She has only one mandate from me about schooling as she grows up, anywhere but college station.   ;D

Poor little darlin'!  My only hope is that when she grows up, she falls madly in love with an Aggie and ends up marrying him! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder