Hull-Daisetta top returning players

So you saying they gonna lose 4 district games and miss the playoffs...they should be undefeated going into that WS game by the look of the weak pre district games!!!

Like i keep saying, it depends on the defense. Who can say what actually happens. But from their schedule this is the probable and possible loss list.

1. WS (probable)

2. CV (probable)

3. Grove (possible)

4. LL (possible)

WS is a pre-district game and won't count, but lose the other 3 mentioned and yes they won't make the playoffs. If the D ends up being a total bust then could add either HH or AS. This may sound bad but even if they go 500 for the season, In my book it will be a successful year. It will be a team loaded with underclassman. I don't believe any of the losses will be blowouts. However that same group did very well last season considering a few of the freshman O-line boys were pulled up to Var. to be backups and ride the pine all year.  Again this is just my opinion, and hopefully this squad makes me eat some crow. Cause i sure won't mind going back and asking for seconds.

HD will be just fine in most their games. The Centerville, West Sabine and Groveton games will be very competitive and could go either way. Once again, I see HD going 7-3 and getting 2nd in District behind Centerville. Hope I'm wrong and we beat CV, but they are loaded. Gator, the same athletes we have on offense, will play on defense. This is 1A football, we have to play iron man football, HD has always done it. I hope the Coaches invest in running some gassers with our boys. You and I both played both ways and never came off the field unless it was special teams. Keep the best players on the field. Ole Coach Dupree and Roberts knew that. As long as Cade Huckaby, Martin Doucet, Sedric DeBlanc, Kyle Hopkins, Kyle Rayon, Aaron Taylor and Seth Dryden are on defense, we will be ok. HD NATION!

HD will be just fine in most their games. The Centerville, West Sabine and Groveton games will be very competitive and could go either way. Once again, I see HD going 7-3 and getting 2nd in District behind Centerville. Hope I'm wrong and we beat CV, but they are loaded. Gator, the same athletes we have on offense, will play on defense. This is 1A football, we have to play iron man football, HD has always done it. I hope the Coaches invest in running some gassers with our boys. You and I both played both ways and never came off the field unless it was special teams. Keep the best players on the field. Ole Coach Dupree and Roberts knew that. As long as Cade Huckaby, Martin Doucet, Sedric DeBlanc, Kyle Hopkins, Kyle Rayon, Aaron Taylor and Seth Dryden are on defense, we will be ok. HD NATION!

Again, i see that you forget that you are no longer a 1A team (six man is 1A now).  You are a 2A school now!!!!!

I would venture to say that in the history of Southeast Texas football, there are about 5 TOTAL kids, from our area(s) that ran true 4.4 - 4.5 (40 yard dashes)

There are virtually three types of runners that relates to football, from a visual perspective.

Runner A - Quick, agile, light on foot, low center of gravity, gets separation, and most commonly known as athletic. These kids are typically not low (40 yard dash) runners. They can however dazzle you with their quickness, and are very entertaining to the eyes. Most common example - Barry Sanders (These are typically 4.6 - 4.7 actual times) at the high school level.

Runner B - Fast, runs hard and coordinated. Not the most explosive side to side, but when shoulders are set, the speed sets in. Greatest measurement of skill comes once the wheels have been turning for a few yards, and then he leaves those trailing in his dust. He is an upright runner, that wants to hit the hole, and or get the edge, because it's him and the end-zone, at that point. This is the most common, of all NFL running backs. This type typically comes with size, and muscle. A very disciplined runner, meets this criteria. Most common example - Adrian Peterson (these are the 4.5) times.

Runner C - Lightning in a bottle, the rarest of all breeds. No matter where he is or what he is doing, you have to watch him. Don't kick to him, because he can make a play happen with his feet. More than being explosive, and irrefutably fast, he can see the field from a much quicker visual set of lenses. In other words, he knows your move, and bases his decisions on where you will be, and how you will miss him. These runners are utility players, defensive backs, flankers, and kick returners in the NFL. Most common example - Deion Sanders (These are the low 40 times, example 4.4 and rarely 4.3)

Now obviously we don't see these three types in there magnitudes on a daily basis. These are merely the "types" from which I see within the game of football. If I thought hard and long about it, I could probably name only 5 in my life time from our area, that meet category "runner C". With that being said, I believe we have seen many of the Runner B types, and more so of the Runner A types.

If you listen closely to the scouts, and those that measure speed and quickness at the combine work outs, this is how they measure runners. They break it down into three categories, so that they are able to truly define what the kid brings to the system, and how he will fit in the NFL. They label them as A - quick  B - runs hard   C - Fast

My opinion is that we have lots of A&B athletes in southeast Texas. That's why we get so excited when we see what we believe is an type C runner. However, we want to make everyone believe that we have a C type on our team every year, when that's truly not the case.

I would venture to say that in the history of Southeast Texas football, there are about 5 TOTAL kids, from our area(s) that ran true 4.4 - 4.5 (40 yard dashes)

There are virtually three types of runners that relates to football, from a visual perspective.

Runner A - Quick, agile, light on foot, low center of gravity, gets separation, and most commonly known as athletic. These kids are typically not low (40 yard dash) runners. They can however dazzle you with their quickness, and are very entertaining to the eyes. Most common example - Barry Sanders (These are typically 4.6 - 4.7 actual times) at the high school level.

Runner B - Fast, runs hard and coordinated. Not the most explosive side to side, but when shoulders are set, the speed sets in. Greatest measurement of skill comes once the wheels have been turning for a few yards, and then he leaves those trailing in his dust. He is an upright runner, that wants to hit the hole, and or get the edge, because it's him and the end-zone, at that point. This is the most common, of all NFL running backs. This type typically comes with size, and muscle. A very disciplined runner, meets this criteria. Most common example - Adrian Peterson (these are the 4.5) times.

Runner C - Lightning in a bottle, the rarest of all breeds. No matter where he is or what he is doing, you have to watch him. Don't kick to him, because he can make a play happen with his feet. More than being explosive, and irrefutably fast, he can see the field from a much quicker visual set of lenses. In other words, he knows your move, and bases his decisions on where you will be, and how you will miss him. These runners are utility players, defensive backs, flankers, and kick returners in the NFL. Most common example - Deion Sanders (These are the low 40 times, example 4.4 and rarely 4.3)

Now obviously we don't see these three types in there magnitudes on a daily basis. These are merely the "types" from which I see within the game of football. If I thought hard and long about it, I could probably name only 5 in my life time from our area, that meet category "runner C". With that being said, I believe we have seen many of the Runner B types, and more so of the Runner A types.

If you listen closely to the scouts, and those that measure speed and quickness at the combine work outs, this is how they measure runners. They break it down into three categories, so that they are able to truly define what the kid brings to the system, and how he will fit in the NFL. They label them as A - quick  B - runs hard   C - Fast

My opinion is that we have lots of A&B athletes in southeast Texas. That's why we get so excited when we see what we believe is an type C runner. However, we want to make everyone believe that we have a C type on our team every year, when that's truly not the case.

Good post for the most part. Although anyone that has been around football, either as a player, Coach or scout, knows there are 4.4-4.5 players. They are not as rare as you state. Now these 4.4-4.5 players may not have the total package, they maybe a track kid that can't cut or is not agile. But make no mistake, most teams have a 4.4-4.5 kid. I am beginning to think you may have not played football or talked very much with Coaches. Heck, I played with two 4.4 players at HD in the mid 90's, John Slack and Anthony Eaglin, both were track kids with very little agility. If John or Anthony broke it open you were not catching them.

HDBobcat55 -

You are not understanding the post. The times are in reference to actual 40 times, measured by electronic devices, utilized by the official coordinators at combines, and or official team work outs. A good friend of mine, played at Purdue, and graduated from Liberty in 2000. He was officially clocked at an Jacksonville work out session at 4.63 in 2008. This same guy ran a 4.4 (stop-watch) in High School, and was one of the quickest players, from our local area, in the last 20 years. Perhaps now you are on the same page, or perhaps not. I did play football, and played it well, but baseball took precedence once High School began.

However, if you played football, from our local area, from 1990 - present day, and were exceptional in any regard, I know exactly who you are, and what you have done. I appreciate the kind gesture though.

55, who are some of the other players returning to HD in 2014.

Kendal Fregia 5'10 180lb Senior OL/DL, David Todd 6'0 260lb Senior OL/DL, Ryan Romero 5'9 230lb Senior OL/DL, Rogelio Aguirre 5'9 220lb Junior OL/DL, Austin Brewer (Kid has ability to be a stud) 5'9 175lb Junior RB/LB, Kade Frauenberger 5'9 160lb Junior CB/WR, Ryan Fregia Junior OL/DL, James Gartner 5'10 175lb Junior OL/DL, Colton McGee(Kid can play) 5'10 170lb Junior RB/LB, Michael Morrow(athlete) 5'10 180lb Junior RB/LB/OL/DL, Jodd Reed Junior OL/DL.

Huckaby is a good piece to build around. Good athlete and football player. HD will be in the mix come playoff time for atleast the 3rd spot I would think.

I'll give the Huck kid props , he was a stud , IMO he was better than the QB he replaced that got hurt from year before.

The Hopkins kid is OK , could be better.  He definately passes the eyeball test ( has the body to play next level ) but he never really did anything the 2 years we played them and it's not like we had big linemen , he should of been dominating.  I'm sure HD 55 Nation will fire away at me now  :ph34r:

Did this Doucet kid play CB for HD last year in playoff game?

HDBobcat55 -

You are not understanding the post. The times are in reference to actual 40 times, measured by electronic devices, utilized by the official coordinators at combines, and or official team work outs. A good friend of mine, played at Purdue, and graduated from Liberty in 2000. He was officially clocked at an Jacksonville work out session at 4.63 in 2008. This same guy ran a 4.4 (stop-watch) in High School, and was one of the quickest players, from our local area, in the last 20 years. Perhaps now you are on the same page, or perhaps not. I did play football, and played it well, but baseball took precedence once High School began.
However, if you played football, from our local area, from 1990 - present day, and were exceptional in any regard, I know exactly who you are, and what you have done. I appreciate the kind gesture though.

A. Chambers was a heck of football player!!

I'll give the Huck kid props , he was a stud , IMO he was better than the QB he replaced that got hurt from year before.

The Hopkins kid is OK , could be better.  He definately passes the eyeball test ( has the body to play next level ) but he never really did anything the 2 years we played them and it's not like we had big linemen , he should of been dominating.  I'm sure HD 55 Nation will fire away at me now  :ph34r:

Did this Doucet kid play CB for HD last year in playoff game?

I agree. Yes he did, the one and only game.

• 3 months later...

HD 2014 schedule:

Aug.15 Beaumont Legacy at Daisetta
Aug.21 Shelbyville at SV
Aug.29 Hemphill at HH 7pm
Sept.5 Burkeville at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.12 BYE
Sept.19 Sabine Pass at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.26 Colmesneil at Colmesneil 7pm
Oct.3 West Sabine at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.10 Groveton at Groveton 7pm
Oct.17 West Hardin at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.24 Anderson-Shiro at AS 7pm
Oct.31 Centerville at CV 7pm
Nov.6 Lovelady at Daisetta 7pm

I see HD going 9-3 with loses to West Sabine and Centerville. Then a lose to a sleeper like Groveton, AS or SV.

HD 2014 schedule:

Aug.15 Beaumont Legacy at Daisetta
Aug.21 Shelbyville at SV
Aug.29 Hemphill at HH 7pm
Sept.5 Burkeville at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.12 BYE
Sept.19 Sabine Pass at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.26 Colmesneil at Colmesneil 7pm
Oct.3 West Sabine at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.10 Groveton at Groveton 7pm
Oct.17 West Hardin at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.24 Anderson-Shiro at AS 7pm
Oct.31 Centerville at CV 7pm
Nov.6 Lovelady at Daisetta 7pm

I see HD going 9-3 with loses to West Sabine and Centerville. Then a lose to a sleeper like Groveton, AS or SV.

deputy, you have to understand that HD55 is one of those guys who counts scrimmages as a win or a loss.