Hull-Daisetta top returning players

HD will have stud QB Cade Huckaby coming back for his Senior year. Cade was a physical specimen as a 6'2 215lb junior QB/LB, surely he will grow some more as a Senior. Cade has very deceptive breakaway speed and seems to step up at critical times.

TE/DE Kyle Hopkins at 6'3 260lbs will be back for his Senior year. Kyle has the ability to dominate on both sides of the line. Kyle is very athletic for his size. (Kyle's brother is Petey Hopkins Nederland RB)

RB/CB Martin Doucet at 5'9 170lbs will be back for his Senior year. Martin is a speedster with high 4.4 speed. Martin has the ability to take every carry 80 yards. Martin is also a track star.

RB/CB Sedric DeBlanc at 5'9 165lbs will be back for his Senior year. Sedric is a gym rat and built like a Greek God with 4.5 speed. Sedric's agility and vision running the ball is a sight to see. Sedric is a track kid.

Up and coming underclass players:

DE/OL Kyle Rayon a 6'1 230lb Sophomore, will look to build on a strong Freshman year.

DE/OL Aaron Taylor a 6'3 215lb Sophomore will look to build on a strong Freshman year.  

Utility/Athlete Seth Dryden at 5'9 180lbs may just be the sleeper of this group. Seth is a very gifted natural athlete. Seth has played almost every position, from QB to OL since a kid.

HD Nation will surprise some folks this next season. No down year.

Yeah, um, will they finally win a playoff game? Thats the bigger question.....

Hoping they find a Defense for the upcoming season. Offense should do fine, won't have the big power backs pounding the middle, However the two move ins (Doucet / Deblanc) are very fast. The stop watch don't lie oldschool2.

Hoping they find a Defense for the upcoming season. Offense should do fine, won't have the big power backs pounding the middle, However the two move ins (Doucet / Deblanc) are very fast. The stop watch don't lie oldschool2.

I just find it funny that all these kids have the same or better 40 times than the running backs and receivers at the NFL combine.

I don't think some people realize how fast a 4.4 is. And a person's hand on a stopwatch is not reliable.

Most teams have at least one or two 4.45-4.50 kids. This is common knowledge to all folks that have been around sports. Yes, the NFL has players that can and can not run this fast. When a man it pure muscle and 6'4 250lbs or bigger, he will not always run the 4.4 or 4.5's. Just go to any football practice or track practice with a stop watch, these young kids can fly. Guess when your young, light and athletic you can run.

I found something for both of you guys. They both explain how inconsistent handheld stopwatches are compared to electric timers. 0.2 of a second difference. That's the difference of 4.49 and 4.69.

I guess the stopwatch does in fact lie.

http://books.google.com/books?id=FIqw8LHQCeYC&pg=PA137&lpg=PA137&dq=40+yard+dash+stopwatch+vs.+electric+timer&source=bl&ots=Pl15wlDnZo&sig=I1UcDAitsIfRkUC4sf7t3OQgw7Y&hl=en&sa=X&ei=laQSU7KtKuWg2AXt3IAI&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAg

Www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20072055

HD 2014 schedule:

Aug.15 Beaumont Legacy at Daisetta
Aug.21 Shelbyville at SV
Aug.29 Hemphill at HH 7pm
Sept.5 Burkeville at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.12 BYE
Sept.19 Sabine Pass at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.26 Colmesneil at Colmesneil 7pm
Oct.3 West Sabine at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.10 Groveton at Groveton 7pm
Oct.17 West Hardin at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.24 Anderson-Shiro at AS 7pm
Oct.31 Centerville at CV 7pm
Nov.6 Lovelady at Daisetta 7pm

I see HD going 9-3 with loses to West Sabine and Centerville. Then a lose to a sleeper like Groveton, AS or SV.

Ok oldschool no high school player ever has ran a 4.4 or 4.5! Only 5.2's! LMAO! SMH!

oh I get it..you never learned to read. Well let me just explain what those articles say.

When using a handheld stopwatch. From the time a person starts, to the time coach presses a button, is this thing called a delay. This "delay" actually causes times to start later than real time, causing times to be faster. On average 2 tenths of a second faster. In other words...that 5.3 you ran in high school...was actually a 5.5. Or slower. There is a reason they don't use stopwatches at the combine...or the Olympics...or NASCAR...or horse races. Understand.

By the way..I understand that lighter people can run faster than heavier people. In fact I could post another link of an article written by Johnny Manzeil's trainer about the correlation between strength to body weight percentage and speed.... But you probably wouldn't understand it either.

oh I get it..you never learned to read. Well let me just explain what those articles say.

When using a handheld stopwatch. From the time a person starts, to the time coach presses a button, is this thing called a delay. This "delay" actually causes times to start later than real time, causing times to be faster. On average 2 tenths of a second faster. In other words...that 5.3 you ran in high school...was actually a 5.5. Or slower. There is a reason they don't use stopwatches at the combine...or the Olympics...or NASCAR...or horse races. Understand.

By the way..I understand that lighter people can run faster than heavier people. In fact I could post another link of an article written by Johnny Manzeil's trainer about the correlation between strength to body weight percentage and speed.... But you probably wouldn't understand it either.

You seem to be the only person on here not getting it lol. Right Gator?

yeah that's what I said. Exactly how I said it.

I guess intelligence runs deep

Yes OldSchool2, I'm pretty sure everyone over the age of 2 already knows this. But i'm willing to bet most of the schools in Texas the best tech they have is the stop watch. Even by your own reasoning they're still fast. Their speed will match up with any other speedsters in Texas 2A. I'm not saying at all that speed translates into points. I am saying that this is something HD has lacked in recent years.

HD 2014 schedule:

Aug.15 Beaumont Legacy at Daisetta
Aug.21 Shelbyville at SV
Aug.29 Hemphill at HH 7pm
Sept.5 Burkeville at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.12 BYE
Sept.19 Sabine Pass at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.26 Colmesneil at Colmesneil 7pm
Oct.3 West Sabine at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.10 Groveton at Groveton 7pm
Oct.17 West Hardin at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.24 Anderson-Shiro at AS 7pm
Oct.31 Centerville at CV 7pm
Nov.6 Lovelady at Daisetta 7pm

I see HD going 9-3 with loses to West Sabine and Centerville. Then a lose to a sleeper like Groveton, AS or SV.

I have a better feeling about the upcoming season than I previously have had, but i think that L column is going to be a little higher like 4 or 5. Still got that suspect defense. Hopefully they can fill those 10 player holes. I know 55 is gonna give me a bashing.. :D  but i only saw Darrell L. playing defense this past season.

I have a better feeling about the upcoming season than I previously have had, but i think that L column is going to be a little higher like 4 or 5. Still got that suspect defense. Hopefully they can fill those 10 player holes. I know 55 is gonna give me a bashing.. :D but i only saw Darrell L. playing defense this past season.

So you saying they gonna lose 4 district games and miss the playoffs...they should be undefeated going into that WS game by the look of the weak pre district games!!!