Hull-Daisetta top returning players

Being from another 2A town in the same region, I'm afraid you may be correct!  I dont think Centerville is too much different than Mart. 

They do have to be the early favorite in Region III. With that being said, I do think they are beatable for sure. Last year they had two VERY good running backs. Lynch and Pickens. They have two solid QB's that return (they actually both made 1st team all-district last year??) but neither of them are much of a running threat. They combined for about 400 yards rushing and 600 passing. Those two stud running backs made that offense click. They will still have very good athletes all over the field, but I think their offense will be more predictable with only one huge rushing threat. And if something happens to him..... (I just don't think they are as loaded as Mart was last year or this year)

Just curious Javelina, who are the 5 teams that beat HD? I know CV, WS, and Groveton will be tough games. HD should go 4-0 to start season. Hemphill, Burkeville, Colmesneil and Sabine Pass are the HD opponents. Then HD has WS, Groveton, West Hardin, Anderson-Shiro, CV and Lovelady. I see us beating West Hardin, Anderson-Shiro and Lovelady. We should play Groveton close. So... based on that, we lose to WS, CV and maybe Groveton. 8-2 or 7-3!

Just curious Javelina, who are the 5 teams that beat HD? I know CV, WS, and Groveton will be tough games. HD should go 4-0 to start season. Hemphill, Burkeville, Colmesneil and Sabine Pass are the HD opponents. Then HD has WS, Groveton, West Hardin, Anderson-Shiro, CV and Lovelady. I see us beating West Hardin, Anderson-Shiro and Lovelady. We should play Groveton close. So... based on that, we lose to WS, CV and maybe Groveton. 8-2 or 7-3!

I see them losing to Centerville, Groveton, Anderson-Shiro, West Sabine and possible upset by Colmesniel or Lovelady. But everything in football at this level is are the playmakers healthy. HD could possibly go 7-3 or 8-2 but they would have to keep the entire team healthy for 13 straight weeks and that is a tall order when your kids play both ways

Just throwing this out there.. The last 2 seasons were supposed to be the years HD returned to glory. And they went 7-4...and then 4-7. And if course 0 playoff wins.
11-11 with "good" teams.
Just throwing that out there.

oh no, now you've done it. The HD posters are going to crack the whip now. Lmao

Just throwing this out there.. The last 2 seasons were supposed to be the years HD returned to glory. And they went 7-4...and then 4-7. And if course 0 playoff wins.

11-11 with "good" teams.

Just throwing that out there.

True, just two back to back undefeated in District Championships, that we were not picked to win. Haters gonna hate no matter what you do... HD just once again played a top team early in playoffs, barely losing two seasons in a row. A total of 8 points HD lost both playoff games. Guess we could be like some teams and draw an easy team early and get a win. lol. The new Districting will help HD get a playoff win, maynot be playing a top 5 team early in playoffs. Over the history of HD playoff games, we have drawn some of the top teams right off the bat, that went deep in playoffs. The Groveton's Rodney Thomas teams. Seating issue. Not an excuse, just fact, HD had some loaded teams that could have went deep and eventually lost deep in the playoffs to a top 5 State ranked team. Just so happens HD had the luck of drawing a few State Champions, Finalist, and Semi Finalist early and often. It is what it is... 0 playoff wins recently.

P.S. In 1984 and 1989 HD lost early in the Bi-District playoffs to eventual State Champs Groveton. In the 1991 Bi-District playoff, HD lost to Grapeland, that lost to eventual State Champ Shulenburg in the State Semi-Finals.

True, just two back to back undefeated in District Championships, that we were not picked to win. Haters gonna hate no matter what you do... HD just once again played a top team early in playoffs, barely losing two seasons in a row. A total of 8 points HD lost both playoff games. Guess we could be like some teams and draw an easy team early and get a win. lol. The new Districting will help HD get a playoff win, maynot be playing a top 5 team early in playoffs. Over the history of HD playoff games, we have drawn some of the top teams right off the bat, that went deep in playoffs. The Groveton's Rodney Thomas teams. Seating issue. Not an excuse, just fact, HD had some loaded teams that could have went deep and eventually lost deep in t playoffs to a top 5 State ranked team. Just so happens HD had the luck of drawing a few State Champions, Finalist, and Semi Finalist early and oftenhe. It is what it is... 0 playoff wins recently.

P.S. In 1984 and 1989 HD lost early in the Bi-District playoffs to eventual State Champs Groveton. In the 1991 Bi-District playoff, HD lost to Grapeland, that lost to eventual State Champ Shulenburg in the State Semi-Finals.

Liberty can say the same thing it was Newton or WOS knocking them out in rd 1 for a long time=everytime.Or Dayton too past few years,since 2008 we got beat by Brenham 2 times(2 time finalist)LaMarque(1 time finalist) Manvel(1 time finalist)Ned (4 rds) ;) :D

Liberty can say the same thing it was Newton or WOS knocking them out in rd 1 for a long time=everytime.Or Dayton too past few years,since 2008 we got beat by Brenham 2 times(2 time finalist)LaMarque(1 time finalist) Manvel(1 time finalist)Ned (4 rds) ;) :D

Well... kinda apples and oranges in regards to Liberty. Both times WOS blew out Liberty by 60 points, WOS lost the Area game the next week. So they didn't advance deep like the teams HD played. Newton lost in the Regional RD every season they beat Liberty in BI-District, the only exception would be the 98 season Newton won State. So your right about Liberty having a real good team in 98, that could have advanced further if seating were different.

Centerville gets a good group once every 8-10 years and they just so happen to have it this year.  They are Sr. loaded and from what I know this is the year they are banking on.  

Speaking of scrimmages, HD will get all they want and them some with Shelbyville.

CV and WS will get all they want vs HD as well... HD won't lay down... we know we are the under dog.

Didn't Alto lose the very next game last year?

Either way...Alto didn't win their district last year or the year before. So not only did the mighty, district champ, undefeated in district HD bobcats not get knocked out by eventual state champs...they got knocked out by a team not even good enough to win their district.

Say what you want to....but this is sounding a lot like the same old song and dance to me.

I really don't believe that Hemphill should be placed in that "for sure" class with Burkeville, Colmesneil, and Sabine Pass.  Hemphill will improve this year and remember they will have a fairly large team will be able to keep fresh legs in the game.  I know that Hemphill's record last year was as bad as it could get but if you go and look at last years schedule and game by game results Hemphill was in a lot of games they played and other than a few games they scored and held opponents for a good bit of the game.  I really look for the Hornets to be improved.

Centerville gets a good group once every 8-10 years and they just so happen to have it this year.  They are Sr. loaded and from what I know this is the year they are banking on.  

Speaking of scrimmages, HD will get all they want and them some with Shelbyville.

I think WS and San Augustine will both be very good teams next year......BUT Shelbyville is my dark horse. They have some horses and Burrell was a man-beast as a sophomore. I don't know if they win that district, but they have the talent to do so. And also enough talent to make a good playoff run.

I think WS and San Augustine will both be very good teams next year......BUT Shelbyville is my dark horse. They have some horses and Burrell was a man-beast as a sophomore. I don't know if they win that district, but they have the talent to do so. And also enough talent to make a good playoff run.

I agree, but I just dont believe that they will improve enough to be legit contenders for the district title.  I do think that they will fight it out for the second or third spot (more than likely third).  Last year the WS vs Shelbyville final was 60-21 with two of Shelbyvilles scores coming late 4th when WS had subs in.  Offensively WS will be just as fast if not a little faster this year as whole than they were last year.  The defense may slow a little but they will be bigger and stronger.  I really dont think there will be any decline for WS, so will Shelbyville improve by say 40 points??  I honestly dont think so.  I do see that game being a little tighter to the tune of a 3 score differential. I think it will be something like 42-21 WS.  If SA can tighten a little on defense they will also come out on top over Shelbyville.  SVille will not be able to hang with SA speedwise.  Joaquin and SVille will be a good one, the winner of this game gets 3rd.