Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

Guest ECBucFan

Strong is not a good fit for UT on several fronts. He is not a natural "schmoozer" with the media, regents, alumni, etc. Additionally, his "5 core values":

Honesty

Treating women with respect

No drugs

No stealing

No weapons

will run off a lot of the bad boy recruits that would have naturally gravitated to UT.

Strong is not a good fit for UT on several fronts. He is not a natural "schmoozer" with the media, regents, alumni, etc. Additionally, his "5 core values":

Honesty

Treating women with respect

No drugs

No stealing

No weapons

will run off a lot of the bad boy recruits that would have naturally gravitated to UT.

I am sorry that you do not like Coach Strong. I think that he is perfect for the University of Texas and CFB today. The only poster on this forum that he has to impress is me. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

He should not have to teach recruits the 5 Core values. Parents should be doing this at home. This is why you have the "bad boy recruits".

They can keep them at bama,fsu,ga,and tamu.                    [sharedmedia=core:attachments:158]

Guest ECBucFan

You missed my point entirely. Its just the opposite, I like Strong. I think he is a poor fit for the culture of UT athletics though.

A guy that has rules and enforces rules will not be popular with the UT Bad boys. Remember, they say "Book 'em Horns".  

You missed my point entirely. Its just the opposite, I like Strong. I think he is a poor fit for the culture of UT athletics though.

A guy that has rules and enforces rules will not be popular with the UT Bad boys. Remember, they say "Book 'em Horns".  

I got your point exactly.

I do not want that kind representing my school. There are plenty of other schools who want them.

In a couple of years, everyone in football will be copying Coach Strong. This is more innovative than the Wishbone for CFB

CFB needs to push these values down to the high schools.

The high schools need to push values home to the parents.

Once the parents start doing their job, there will be much, much fewer bad kids. JMO

This is YEAR ONE.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:172]

I'm still okay with the hire at this point. We've seen steady improvement with his running the program HIS way. He's going to have to start winning games though. They have outplayed two ranked teams (ucla and OU) with two losses in those games. If he finds an equal or someone almost his equal on the offensive side of the ball, this will be a dominant team again. I don't think he's got his man though in Watson.

Guest ECBucFan

The reason that every game Texas plays is their opponents biggest game of the year.

LOL, thats funny! :lol:

UT was Baylors 5th "biggest game of the year", MAYBE!

TCU, OU, OSU, and K-state (all in top15!) are EASILY bigger for the Bears.

2-4 UT not even on Bears radar, LOL. :lol: