PN-G vs Hampshire Fannet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1425372" timestamp="1376844446"]
Totally shocked to see PN-G scrimmage a 3A team picked 7th in their district. You don't gain anything by this. Tx City will be a good opponent which will bring out the weaknesses in PN-G. Wait until next week to evaluate your team.
[/quote]
Two things. 
1. PNG under BF has always had spring football so only one scrimmage. When they decided to forgo spring fb this year it left the scrambling for a first week scrimmage. HF was available.
2. HF was a 7th place team, but they were very very young. Still young, but they have talent. Most of that team Friday night was Sophs and juniors, much like PNG.
C. Anytime you get to hit someone else its a plus.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1425374" timestamp="1376844779"]
They had to be content with practicing against another team...  Nothing wrong with that.  H-F gained a great deal.  PN-G gained experience for the young players on their squad...
[/quote]
BINGO

I guess Central did spring fb?? Didnt see any scrimmage info.

[quote name="badndn" post="1425379" timestamp="1376847193"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=113395.msg1425374#msg1425374 date=1376844779]
They had to be content with practicing against another team...  Nothing wrong with that.  H-F gained a great deal.  PN-G gained experience for the young players on their squad...
[/quote]
BINGO

I guess Central did spring fb?? Didnt see any scrimmage info.
[/quote]Yes, we did spring ball...  We scrimmage next week...

I wouldn't put PN-G's speed on the level of Summer Creek. Do the Indians look a lot better? Yes. Hard to tell against HF. The one thing I did like was they didn't play down to the level of the opponent. No offense to the Longhorns, I'm meaning size and numbers wise. They came out and got their work in while knocking around a team in another color jersey. HF for their lack of size, numbers and youth actually looked pretty good against a much larger opponent. The second unit had a solid drive on PN-G's second teamers that ended with an interception in the endzone. Here's a look at the highlights and post I got from the night.

http://www.12newsnow.com/global/story.asp?s=23164867

We shall see what the Indians really got once they line up against Texas City. Would like to see them using the sophomores more on offense. I liked what i saw in Cropper, Morse, and Giblin. They are definitely players that need to be on the field. I saw Walker take some hits tonight and wonder how much abuse he can take with his size. Halfin was really impressive too.

Guest Scalped Em
[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1425481" timestamp="1376865971"]
We shall see what the Indians really got once they line up against Texas City. Would like to see them using the sophomores more on offense. I liked what i saw in Cropper, Morse, and Giblin. They are definitely players that need to be on the field. I saw Walker take some hits tonight and wonder how much abuse he can take with his size. Halfin was really impressive too.
[/quote]

I agree...let em take their bumps this year and it will pay off in the long run.

[quote name="badndn" post="1425378" timestamp="1376847017"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=113395.msg1425372#msg1425372 date=1376844446]
Totally shocked to see PN-G scrimmage a 3A team picked 7th in their district. You don't gain anything by this. Tx City will be a good opponent which will bring out the weaknesses in PN-G. Wait until next week to evaluate your team.
[/quote]
Two things. 
1. PNG under BF has always had spring football so only one scrimmage. When they decided to forgo spring fb this year it left the scrambling for a first week scrimmage. HF was available.
2. HF was a 7th place team, [b]but they were very very young[/b]. Still young, but they have talent. Most of that team Friday night was Sophs and juniors, much like PNG.
[/quote]

Wrong. HF graduated A LOT!!! If they are better than 2-8 this year it will be for two reasons...their preseason schedule is very weak and their quarterback may be the best athlete in the district.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1425524" timestamp="1376875248"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=113395.msg1425378#msg1425378 date=1376847017]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=113395.msg1425372#msg1425372 date=1376844446]
[/quote]
Two things. 
2. HF was a 7th place team, [b]but they were very very young[/b]. Still young, but they have talent. Most of that team Friday night was Sophs and juniors, much like PNG.
[/quote]

Wrong. HF graduated A LOT!!! If they are better than 2-8 this year it will be for two reasons...their preseason schedule is very weak and their quarterback may be the best athlete in the district.
[/quote]
Or they have more time under their current head coach, and they our bigger, stronger, and faster. The schedule is exactly the same. (except for home and visitor and we scrimmaged PNG instead of Deweyville) We will scrimmage at BH next Fri. They start the season at home against Splendora (969 enrollment!), @ Anhuac, Home for EC, @ Liberty, then 21-3A. Off week November 1st.

Enrollment does not matter. Splendora is not very good in football. Splendora could possibly be worse than last year, Anahuac should be about the same, EC will definitely be worse, and Liberty should be better. Out of those 4 you might now see one playoff team...well that's if they playoffs were still at 3. I'm sure one will sneak in at 4. That's not a very strong preseason schedule. Scrimmages are some good competition.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1425524" timestamp="1376875248"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=113395.msg1425378#msg1425378 date=1376847017]
[/quote]
Two things. 
[/quote]

Wrong. HF graduated A LOT!!! If they are better than 2-8 this year it will be for two reasons...their preseason schedule is very weak and [b]their quarterback may be the best athlete in the district.[/b]
[/quote]

That's a stretch. ::)

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1425972" timestamp="1377184415"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=113395.msg1425969#msg1425969 date=1377184279]
I understand PN-G was dialing Sabine Pass's number but accidently called Tx City. No disrespect to S.P. but I think PN-G could have handled them to.
[/quote]

:o :o :o :o
[/quote]

If the poster is trying to insinuate that we are trying to play easy teams to make ourselves look better, then he obviously hasn't seen our preseason line up. We added a scrimmage due to no spring ball, and your insulting HF to boot.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1425985" timestamp="1377186586"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113395.msg1425972#msg1425972 date=1377184415]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=113395.msg1425969#msg1425969 date=1377184279]
I understand PN-G was dialing Sabine Pass's number but accidently called Tx City. No disrespect to S.P. but I think PN-G could have handled them to.
[/quote]

:o :o :o :o
[/quote]

If the poster is trying to insinuate that we are trying to play easy teams to make ourselves look better, then he obviously hasn't seen our preseason line up. We added a scrimmage due to no spring ball, and your insulting HF to boot.
[/quote]So true.  PN-G normally does spring ball but for a valid reason, didn't do it this year....  They had to scrape the bottom of the bucket to get a scrimmage...  It just so happens that H-F was available....  Now, they have state ranked Texas City Comming in, state ranked Silsbee, state ranked Summer Creek in following weeks.  The Indians are only playing the  card that they were dealt concerning H-F.  But things get interesting after that!

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1425969" timestamp="1377184279"]
[/quote]

**** [i]crickets[/i] ****    ::)

Don't quit your day job.

[quote name="Horns93" post="1426203" timestamp="1377218480"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=113395.msg1426057#msg1426057 date=1377193652]
Sorry, did not mean any disrespect to HF. or SP.
[/quote]
No problem. HF made improvements...and we got some licks in. Just ask your QB:
[/quote]

Horns...that poster isn't PN-G....Newton Eagle I'm guessing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0