PN-G vs Hampshire Fannet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense - more athletes than last year and the offense looked good. Walker threw the ball really well but has to roll out to see his targets. Not much pocket passing. Morse is bigger and threw the ball good as well. He was victim of some drops by the backups. The wideouts are all tall with speed. Halfin ran the ball good.

Defense - again more athletes and lots of speed. Only time HF really picked up any yards were on delayed hand offs and broken plays where the an scrambled. I saw at five an sacks and the d forced three or four turnovers. The d played very aggressive with lots of big hits.

No disrespect to HF but I will withhold judgement until next week when they see a better opponent in Texas City.

Final
Controlled scrimmage:
PN-G 2 TD's
Hamshire-Fannett 0

2 quarter live scrimmage
PN-G 28
Hamshire-Fannett 0

CONTROLLED
Brent Halfin (PNG) rushing TD
Adam Morris (PNG) TD pass

LIVE
Kaleb Sparks (PNG) rushing TD, 6:56 1st
Ky Walker to Reece Wardlow (PNG) 31 yard TD, 2:16 1st
Adam Morris to Jeremiah Rose (PNG) TD, 6:09 2nd
Antoine Arvie (PNG) 2 yard TD, :39 2nd

Few things of note. First off HF....... Kendrick King and Austin can both flatout run  the ball. These kids will be pretty darn special next year and King the following. With next seasons realignment and the Horns going into the smaller district I see them being successful next year. They have a huge tight end about 6'4" and atleast 230-240 who is also a soph. They  have a young team with a bright future. The horns would do there team well if they would put in some kind of option read with King and Austin because if the could give a little misdirection to the defense those to would get the yards.
The Indians...... Rose will be a stud this year in 20-4a he is the real deal. Walker is a heck of an athelete but had issues on more than one occasion seeing over the line. He will be a  solid QB..........Morse young and can flat out play. He plays well above his age and after a couple of incompletions he was dead on the rest of the game. Morse took full advantage of his time on the field. After tonight Im not sold on who the starting qb should be. The defense for PNG was very quick to the ball every play. PNG will be decent this season. We will see more after next weeks game against the #10 ranked Texas City. It was a good night because there were no injuries on either side that I seen

Both QB's looked good tonight. Walker looks to be a leader. When he wasnt on the field, he was standing in front of the bench, talking to the O and patting backs. Morse is big and his throws looked solid after he settled in. The O line has some big solid boys, D line not as big, but looked fast. Overall, I think we'll be hearing Cherokee a lot this season.

HF made great improvements tonight. We played very well and held PNG several series. Still had problems rapping up when  we had someone for a loss. There was not a huge touchdown play given up which is an improvement from last year. They say you always improve when you play a tougher competitor. So, HF truly improved tonight.

As far as PNG goes, I think they will not repeat the 2-8 season from a year ago. They look much improved.

I am not sure which quarterback is which, but the number 19 seemed a lot more comfortable in the backfield. Number 16 had to keep running to the sideline to make a pass. 19 put the ball in the perfect spot many times. His receivers did not help him much. The number 19 had a height advantage that seemed to favor him so much more in the backfield. I know which quarterback I would go with.

Have a great season PNG.

[quote name="Horns93" post="1425028" timestamp="1376711469"]
HF made great improvements tonight. We played very well and held PNG several series. Still had problems rapping up when  we had someone for a loss. There was not huge touchdown play given up which is an improvement from last year. They say you always improve when you play a tougher competitor. So, HF truly improved tonight.

As far as PNG goes, I think they will not repeat the 2-8 season from a year ago. They look much improved.

I am not sure which quarterback is which, but the number 19 seemed a lot more comfortable in the backfield. Number 16 had to keep running to the sideline to make a pass. 19 put the ball in the perfect spot many times. His receivers did not help him much. The number 19 had a height advantage that seemed to favor him so much more in the backfield. I know which quarterback I would go with.

Have a great season PNG.
[/quote]

The Horns were hitting hard tonight, I held my breath when they landed Walker on his back. You guys should make some noise in your district. Thanks for a great scrimmage and good luck this season!

And because no one gave the Kickers any love....Both teams should have no problem putting 3 points on the board. They looked great. ;)

[quote name="NDNation" post="1425033" timestamp="1376712353"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=113395.msg1425028#msg1425028 date=1376711469]
HF made great improvements tonight. We played very well and held PNG several series. Still had problems rapping up when  we had someone for a loss. There was not huge touchdown play given up which is an improvement from last year. They say you always improve when you play a tougher competitor. So, HF truly improved tonight.

Have a great season PNG.
[/quote]

The Horns were hitting hard tonight, I held my breath when they landed Walker on his back. You guys should make some noise in your district. Thanks for a great scrimmage and good luck this season!

And because no one gave the Kickers any love....Both teams should have no problem putting 3 points on the board. They looked great. ;)
[/quote]
Agreed. Number 8 for PNG has a leg!  Our guy has never played before, (soccer player) but  I was impressed with him for the first time kicking.

[quote name="Horns93" post="1425028" timestamp="1376711469"]
HF made great improvements tonight. We played very well and held PNG several series. Still had problems rapping up when  we had someone for a loss. There was not a huge touchdown play given up which is an improvement from last year. They say you always improve when you play a tougher competitor. So, HF truly improved tonight.

Have a great season PNG.
[/quote]

I'm not sure giving up 6 TDs and not scoring at all is playing "very well".  :'(  I hope HF is improving none the less.  I would hate to see the Horns repeat their 2-8 season or worse.  Good luck to the Longhorns on an injury free season!

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1425045" timestamp="1376713242"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=113395.msg1425028#msg1425028 date=1376711469]

Have a great season PNG.
[/quote]
I will take the improvements.

[quote name="akifan94" post="1424972" timestamp="1376706766"]

[size=10pt][b]..........................No disrespect to HF but I will withhold judgement until next week when they see a [color=blue]MUCH[/color] better opponent in Texas City.[/b][/size]

[/quote]

FIFY

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1425077" timestamp="1376741355"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=113395.msg1424974#msg1424974 date=1376706917]
Who benefits from this scrimmage?
[/quote]

HF
[/quote]

It benefited PN-G to. This scrimmage was a confidence builder for the team, it would not bode well for our butts to have been handed to us on the first scrimmage.

[quote name="tvc" post="1425065" timestamp="1376718124"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=113395.msg1424972#msg1424972 date=1376706766]

[size=10pt][b]..........................No disrespect to HF but I will withhold judgement until next week when they see a [color=blue]MUCH[/color] better opponent in Texas City.[/b][/size]

[/quote]

FIFy[/quote

Thought they scrimmaged BH next Friday.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1425270" timestamp="1376791482"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=113395.msg1425065#msg1425065 date=1376718124]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=113395.msg1424972#msg1424972 date=1376706766]

[/quote]

FIFy[/quote

Thought they scrimmaged BH next Friday.
[/quote]

HF will again scrimmage a 4A school at Barbers Hill. Improvement will continue.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin