Hull-Daisetta Bobcats Football Schedule

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1422831" timestamp="1376017003"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=113133.msg1422784#msg1422784 date=1376006285]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113133.msg1422690#msg1422690 date=1375991995]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=113133.msg1422653#msg1422653 date=1375986786]
You wont get the chance to play SA if you have a 1st round exit.....
[/quote]Not sure SA even makes playoffs after all yall lost.
[/quote]

I bet we will have a stronger team than HD after ALL THAT WE LOST....SA will rebound just fine.  HD will have pretty much the same team they had last year and still get beat!  Not a team on your schedule that will give you enough of a test of what you will see in the playoffs.  Gonna be left stunned and shocked yet again!
[/quote]So, I guess the 2A teams we play are not a good challenge for a 1A? Dville, Kountze and Groveton. Heck, Lovelady and Normangee are usually good teams. HD has a pretty tough schedule overall.
[/quote]

That is a pretty easy schedule.  Any team looking for a winning record heading into playoffs would schedule Kountze, Groveton, Lovelady and Normangee.  Only decent team you have is Deweyville which will be a for sure loss.  There are a number of 2A teams to schedule if you want to see the kind of firepower you are going to see in the playoffs....How about Tenaha, Garrison, or Corrigan?  Why no...dont think yall wanna do that, and dont bring up speed.  SA, Alto, and WS will run HD off the field/track! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1421234" timestamp="1375650893"]
http://www.hdisd.net/users/2013%20football%20schedule.pdf
[/quote]
I will give them an 8-2 record. Possibly 7-3 if Normangee comes to play.
I have them beating Hardin, Groveton, Deweyville, HSH, Normangee, West Hardin, Iola, and Colmesneil. I have a close loss to Kountze and I see them getting beaten by 10-20 points by a VERY good Lovelady team.

District champs and I see them making a decent run in the playoffs until they meet a powerhouse.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1422834" timestamp="1376017368"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=113133.msg1422816#msg1422816 date=1376013626]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=113133.msg1422784#msg1422784 date=1376006285]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113133.msg1422690#msg1422690 date=1375991995]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=113133.msg1422653#msg1422653 date=1375986786]
[/quote]

I bet we will have a stronger team than HD after ALL THAT WE LOST....SA will rebound just fine.  HD will have pretty much the same team they had last year and still get beat!  Not a team on your schedule that will give you enough of a test of what you will see in the playoffs.  Gonna be left stunned and shocked yet again!
[/quote]
I dont know about that. With all of the talent HD has this year they probably have someone that can run a 4.9 forty.
[/quote]Sit back and watch Aaron Mosley (4.49) and Sean Burno (4.50) run past everybody. lol  :D 8)
[/quote] HD-55 I promise Aaron isn't faster then Sean and Sean runs a 4.6 I a good day, trust me I was at all district area and regionals track meets

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1422877" timestamp="1376025378"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113133.msg1421234#msg1421234 date=1375650893]
[/quote]
I have them beating Hardin, Groveton, Deweyville, HSH, Normangee, West Hardin, Iola, and Colmesneil. I have a close loss to Kountze and I see them getting beaten by 10-20 points by a VERY good Lovelady team.

District champs and I see them making a decent run in the playoffs until they meet a powerhouse.
[/quote]
The kountze game won't be close..cmon man lol

[quote name="utfan06" post="1422889" timestamp="1376048233"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=113133.msg1422877#msg1422877 date=1376025378]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113133.msg1421234#msg1421234 date=1375650893]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]I think it will be closer than you think, HD's team from last year did well and will be seasoned and ready.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1422889" timestamp="1376048233"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=113133.msg1422877#msg1422877 date=1376025378]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Being that it's at Kountze, you may be right lol but before I believe that Kountze will be a playoff contender, they'll have to prove it too me a little more than they did last year. They showed me that they're improved. But I'm not convinced that they'll be able to beat Kirbyville or Woodville. Those two teams are going to surprise a few people this year. They lost a lot of talent but have even more coming up. As does Kountze. Kountze just has a little more to prove. Hopefully they will! I like to see competition in what's already the best district in class 2A.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1422877" timestamp="1376025378"]
[/quote]

[/quote]We beat Lovelady last season.

[quote name="shermdog" post="1422861" timestamp="1376023032"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113133.msg1422008#msg1422008 date=1375835915]
HD Senior LB/FB Colby Espree 5'10 200lbs has been looking good at practice. Espree will be a force on defense at linebacker and a power runner on offense. Also HD Senior TB/DB Tyler Redman along with HD Senior TB/DB Sean Burno have looked quick and sharp at practice. On the O-line Senior [color=yellow][size=8pt][b]Bryce McClutsky[/b][/size][/color] 6'2 180lbs has made the move to quick tackle and will excel at pulling and trapping with his foot speed. HD's practices are fast pace and intense, Bobcats are looking good so far.
[/quote]

That's twice.  Its McClusky.
[/quote]Twice? Typo, sorry. Bryce McClusky will be one of HD's best lineman. In Finney's slot t system, pulling the lineman is vital. Last year HD couldn't pull as much, not the case this year, McClusky, Seth Dryden and Kendal Fregia have good foot speed and are real quick.

I think the Bobcats will have a great season this fall. They return too much talent to not succeed. Coach Finney has these kids believing they will win every game they play. Regular season will be a good test for HD. The only true cupcake on last year's schedule (Galveston O'Connell) was replaced with Halletsville Sacred Heart. This should be a solid test as they are coming off back to back state championship game appearances including the title in 2011. Hardin, Lovelady, and Normangee will be improved from last season. Groveton will be a tough game especially playing on the Indians home turf. They should be better than last season as well and will have good speed at the skill positions. Easily the two toughest games on the sked this season will be 2A foes Deweyville and Kountze. The Pirates return alot of talent and have a new coach who has turned the program around similar to what Finney has done at HD. The Pirates won't reap the benefit of four extra possessions (onside kicks) or homefield advantage this year. I thought DV was the better team last year, but not by the margin of victory that they won by. This season's game will be a great battle and I could see it going either way. The Kountze Lions are the team that will really be the toughest challenge to the Bobcats. Not knocking either school's kids, but I think Kountze has more talent than DV, but the Pirates are more physical and play harder. If the Lions show up and get up early, it will be over by halftime. If HD plays their smashmouth brand of ball, physical defense, and contains the big play, the Bobcats will win. HD will again sweep their monsterous district (all three teams) with Iola and Colmesneil being tough challenges. I see HD going anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. Barring injuries, my honest prediction is that HD goes 9-1 in the regular season. Their 3 losses last year were to Kountze, DV, and Groveton. HD dominated Groveton (350 total yards to 130) but didn't get the win. That changes this season. For some reason I believe that HD splits with Deweyville and Kountze. I don't know which game they win, and which one they lose, but it will be tough to pull out both those victories. All three of those games will be closley contested games and the team with the will to win in the 4th quarter will win. I don't see a blowout in either teams favor in any of these games. If HD wins the district, they should get the 2nd place team from District 10. This will most likely be West Sabine or San Augustine (if they get past D-9 3rd place team in round 1). Alto and Mart will win their districts and both end up on the bottom side of the playoff bracket. I see HD beating West Sabine in the 2nd round before advancing to face Joaquin or Bosqueville in the 3rd round. HD pulls out the win and faces the winner of Mart and Alto in the regional final. Hopefully whoever wins that game between the 'Jackets and Panthers will be all beat up! Just my .02 cents which doesnt' mean much, but that's how I feel. Good luck to Hull-Daisetta and all the teams in the area.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1423055" timestamp="1376074275"]
I think the Bobcats will have a great season this fall. They return too much talent to not succeed. Coach Finney has these kids believing they will win every game they play. Regular season will be a good test for HD. The only true cupcake on last year's schedule (Galveston O'Connell) was replaced with Halletsville Sacred Heart. This should be a solid test as they are coming off back to back state championship game appearances including the title in 2011. Hardin, Lovelady, and Normangee will be improved from last season. Groveton will be a tough game especially playing on the Indians home turf. They should be better than last season as well and will have good speed at the skill positions. Easily the two toughest games on the sked this season will be 2A foes Deweyville and Kountze. The Pirates return alot of talent and have a new coach who has turned the program around similar to what Finney has done at HD. The Pirates won't reap the benefit of four extra possessions (onside kicks) or homefield advantage this year. I thought DV was the better team last year, but not by the margin of victory that they won by. This season's game will be a great battle and I could see it going either way. The Kountze Lions are the team that will really be the toughest challenge to the Bobcats. Not knocking either school's kids, but I think Kountze has more talent than DV, but the Pirates are more physical and play harder. If the Lions show up and get up early, it will be over by halftime. If HD plays their smashmouth brand of ball, physical defense, and contains the big play, the Bobcats will will. HD will again sweep their monsterous district (all three teams) with Iola and Colmesneil being tough challenges. I see HD going anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. Barring injuries, my honest prediction is that HD goes 9-1 in the regular season. Their 3 losses last year were to Kountze, DV, and Groveton. HD dominated Groveton (350 total yards to 130) but didn't get the win. That changes this season. For some reason I believe that HD splits with Deweyville and Kountze. I don't know which game they win, and which one they lose, but it will be tough to pull out both those victories. All three of those games will be closley contested games and the team with the will to win in the 4th quarter will win. I don't see a blowout in either teams favor in any of these games. If HD wins the district, they should get the 2nd place team from District 10. This will most likely be West Sabine or San Augustine (if they get past D-9 3rd place team in round 1). Alto and Mart will win their districts and both end up on the bottom side of the playoff bracket. I see HD beating West Sabine in the 2nd round before advancing to face Joaquin or Bosqueville in the 3rd round. HD pulls out the win and faces the winner of Mart and Alto in the regional final. Hopefully whoever wins that game between the 'Jackets and Panthers will be all beat up! Just my .02 cents which doesnt' mean much, but that's how I feel. Good luck to Hull-Daisetta and all the teams in the area.
[/quote]

I would have to give up thumbs up...great post!

I think the Bobcats will have a great season this fall. They return too much talent to not succeed. Coach Finney has these kids believing they will win every game they play. Regular season will be a good test for HD. The only true cupcake on last year's schedule (Galveston O'Connell) was replaced with Halletsville Sacred Heart. This should be a solid test as they are coming off back to back state championship game appearances including the title in 2011. Hardin, Lovelady, and Normangee will be improved from last season. Groveton will be a tough game especially playing on the Indians home turf. They should be better than last season as well and will have good speed at the skill positions. Easily the two toughest games on the sked this season will be 2A foes Deweyville and Kountze. The Pirates return alot of talent and have a new coach who has turned the program around similar to what Finney has done at HD. The Pirates won't reap the benefit of four extra possessions (onside kicks) or homefield advantage this year. I thought DV was the better team last year, but not by the margin of victory that they won by. This season's game will be a great battle and I could see it going either way. The Kountze Lions are the team that will really be the toughest challenge to the Bobcats. Not knocking either school's kids, but I think Kountze has more talent than DV, but the Pirates are more physical and play harder. If the Lions show up and get up early, it will be over by halftime. If HD plays their smashmouth brand of ball, physical defense, and contains the big play, the Bobcats will win. HD will again sweep their monsterous district (all three teams) with Iola and Colmesneil being tough challenges. I see HD going anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. Barring injuries, my honest prediction is that HD goes 9-1 in the regular season. Their 3 losses last year were to Kountze, DV, and Groveton. HD dominated Groveton (350 total yards to 130) but didn't get the win. That changes this season. For some reason I believe that HD splits with Deweyville and Kountze. I don't know which game they win, and which one they lose, but it will be tough to pull out both those victories. All three of those games will be closley contested games and the team with the will to win in the 4th quarter will win. I don't see a blowout in either teams favor in any of these games. If HD wins the district, they should get the 2nd place team from District 10. This will most likely be West Sabine or San Augustine (if they get past D-9 3rd place team in round 1). Alto and Mart will win their districts and both end up on the bottom side of the playoff bracket. I see HD beating West Sabine in the 2nd round before advancing to face Joaquin or Bosqueville in the 3rd round. HD pulls out the win and faces the winner of Mart and Alto in the regional final. Hopefully whoever wins that game between the 'Jackets and Panthers will be all beat up! Just my .02 cents which doesnt' mean much, but that's how I feel. Good luck to Hull-Daisetta and all the teams in the area.
[/quote]Great post!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1422850" timestamp="1376020668"]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=113133.msg1422837#msg1422837 date=1376018017]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113133.msg1422834#msg1422834 date=1376017368]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=113133.msg1422816#msg1422816 date=1376013626]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I dont know about that. With all of the talent HD has this year they probably have someone that can run a 4.9 forty.
[/quote]Sit back and watch Aaron Mosley (4.49) and Sean Burno (4.50) run past everybody. lol  :D 8)
[/quote]

Since we're talking about speed...SA's QB ran a 4.50 at an A&M mini camp and went to an invite only camp thereafter because of his performance there. There's 3 or 4 guys just as fast or faster than him in SA

If hill-daisetta is so fast why was their track team non existent at the area track meet last year?
[/quote]Mosley dominated the 200, had some personal issues to resolve, didn't get to participate just days before the meet. Burno did well in 100, finished 2nd. Oh and for the record, HD is not fast. lol. Only those two players are fast. Truth.
[/quote]
I missed them in Austin. Which events were they in?

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1423061" timestamp="1376075546"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=113133.msg1423055#msg1423055 date=1376074275]
[/quote]Great post!
[/quote]
Great post

[/quote]I just seen where Sacred Heart is ranked #3 in Tapps this year, looks like HD will have some good games to prepare them for the playoffs.

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1423668" timestamp="1376340640"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=113133.msg1423055#msg1423055 date=1376074275]
[/quote]I just seen where Sacred Heart is ranked #3 in Tapps this year, looks like HD will have some good games to prepare them for the playoffs.
[/quote]Yes, Hallettsville Sacred Heart has won 7 State Titles, 2007, 2002, 2000, 1996, 1992, 1990&1952. Their all-time winning percentage is 59% of games. HSH lost in the semi finals game this past year to Shiner St. Paul. HSH will be a good test for HD no doubt. HSH will return RB Jonathan Vanek, kid is a beast, rushed for 1,974 yards and 29 TD's. WOW!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1423766" timestamp="1376362028"]
[quote author=IronMike link=topic=113133.msg1423736#msg1423736 date=1376354031]
Why are they scrimmaging Legacy if there so good?
[/quote]What a dumb question! Why are good teams across the State scrimmaging bad teams. lol. Why is Kountze scrimmaging West Hardin? SMH!  ::)
[/quote]
Yea..lol

[quote name="oldschool2" post="1421417" timestamp="1375717183"]
HD had a pretty decent year last year.  Will probably have another good year.  I can see them playing Alto again in round 3.  And... Coach Finney probably is an excellent coach.

But,  you take away those move-ins and HD is absolute trash.  When this season is over and most of those kids graduate....I bet Finney is on a plane out of Houston going back to where ever he came from.  Things are about to be real bad in Bobcat land after this football season. 

Might want to transfer your kids now before it's too late.
[/quote] Sorry HD 55 You know your my Boy, But i have to agree, But his reasoning is wrong. From 11 to 8 grades the number of girls out way the number of boys. With a shortage of boys and only 50% of those boys actually playing any kind of sport, the next 4 years after this is going to be very tough. I wouldn't be surprised if Finney did bail.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Gator25" post="1423913" timestamp="1376416817"]
[quote author=oldschool2 link=topic=113133.msg1421417#msg1421417 date=1375717183]
HD had a pretty decent year last year.  Will probably have another good year.  I can see them playing Alto again in round 3.  And... Coach Finney probably is an excellent coach.

But,  you take away those move-ins and HD is absolute trash.  When this season is over and most of those kids graduate....I bet Finney is on a plane out of Houston going back to where ever he came from.  Things are about to be real bad in Bobcat land after this football season. 

[/quote] Sorry HD 55 You know your my Boy, But i have to agree, But his reasoning is wrong. From 11 to 8 grades the number of girls out way the number of boys. With a shortage of boys and only 50% of those boys actually playing any kind of sport, the next 4 years after this is going to be very tough.[b] I wouldn't be surprised if Finney did bail.[/b]
[/quote]

Finney is not leaving any time soon. His wife is happy and his kids are happy in HD.

Like the old saying "If momma aint happy nobody is happy"  ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1423919" timestamp="1376417491"]
[quote author=Gator25 link=topic=113133.msg1423913#msg1423913 date=1376416817]
[quote author=oldschool2 link=topic=113133.msg1421417#msg1421417 date=1375717183]

[/quote] Sorry HD 55 You know your my Boy, But i have to agree, But his reasoning is wrong. From 11 to 8 grades the number of girls out way the number of boys. With a shortage of boys and only 50% of those boys actually playing any kind of sport, the next 4 years after this is going to be very tough.[b] I wouldn't be surprised if Finney did bail.[/b]
[/quote]

Finney is not leaving any time soon. His wife is happy and his kids are happy in HD.

[/quote] Momma may be happy now. But when losing seasons start coming around she may singing a new song. HD has a very passionate 12th man, most of which won't understand the reasoning for losses. HD Fans can be Brutal. It's too bad there will be very few boys and little to no talent. I'm expecting a 5 year slump. But after that the tide will change.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1423919" timestamp="1376417491"]
[quote author=Gator25 link=topic=113133.msg1423913#msg1423913 date=1376416817]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree 100%. Finney has only coached at 6 other schools. He will stay in HD forever. He is known for his long term commitments.

Lets enjoy this season and watch HD's loaded team wreck shop. Finney is a great Coach and man. He and his family have a great set up, they are working with their best friends in the Huckaby's. Finney and family have been captivated by the pride and tradition at HD. I really think HD goes on a deep playoff run and Finney gets a raise, then stays for many more years. Plus, what a nice beautiful home they have bought. Since Finney has been in Daisetta, a new weight room and new field house have been built. Finney makes changes and gets results. HD NATION!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86