Diboll vs Silsbee Regional Final

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they won't play it in Woodville either. Neutral/central location and nice field. Huntsville is way out of the way for Silsbee. Too far I think and it would throw them off. Rice doesn't make sense either.
Also, does Silsbee have a third starter if it goes to three games?

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1408476" timestamp="1369586957"]
I don't know why they won't play it in Woodville either. Neutral/central location and nice field. Huntsville is way out of the way for Silsbee. Too far I think and it would throw them off. Rice doesn't make sense either.
[b]Also, does Silsbee have a third starter if it goes to three games?[/b]
[/quote]

Yes, Silsbee has a 3rd starter.

Powell #1, Hartman #2, Griffin #3.

Griffin is 8-2 on the year with a 2.18 ERA in 48 2/3 IP.

All three of these Tiger pitchers pitched 7 inning complete games in the 3 game series with Orangefield.

Haha there are 4 teams left ...The two winner's play for state.!! Go to max preps and see what SILSBEE IS RANK... It WAS #3 BUTT AFTER BEATING CARTAGE WHO WAS #1 ..B.C. WAS #2 AND THERE GONE ..  lol ... WHICH DROP SILSBEE TO #1 :o ;) ;D  Diball - Cooper- Silsbee - Stephenville. ...  ;) 4 teams the winner's play for STATE.

There are 4 regions in tx not just 2. Each region has 2 teams playing in their finals, 4*2.  That leaves 8 teams playing right now.  The winners of each region go to Austin and play for the state title in a 4 team single elimination tournament.  As far as the rankings,  I don't know what they were before the playoffs began but they don't change . 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Who that !!?" post="1408524" timestamp="1369628527"]
Haha there are 4 teams left ...The two winner's play for state.!! Go to max preps and see what SILSBEE IS RANK... It WAS #3 BUTT AFTER BEATING CARTAGE WHO WAS #1 ..B.C. WAS #2 AND THERE GONE ..  lol ... WHICH DROP SILSBEE TO #1 :o ;) ;D  Diball - Cooper- Silsbee - Stephenville. ...  ;) 4 teams the winner's play for STATE.
[/quote]

There are 8 teams left

Region 1  Cooper vs  Stephenville

Region 2  Melissa vs  Pleasant Grove

Region 3  Diboll vs  Silsbee

Region 4  La Grange vs  Sinton

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Who that !!?" post="1408553" timestamp="1369673380"]
Then who is #1 in state
[/quote]

Sweeny is still #1 until after the state tournament, then the final rankings will be released.

Rankings & Polls mean nothing!!

Being #1 after all the rankings are final at the end of the season is what matters. WHO CARES who is #1 now. That doesnt mean jack. If Silsbee beats Dibol and wins state, thats what they care about. I rememberba few #1 ranked Silsbee basketball teams getting dusted out the playoffs early!

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1408585" timestamp="1369703554"]
I have heard the games will be on Thursday & Saturday but any word on location yet?
[/quote]

I have heard Thursday and Saturday as well. Also was told Rice is the preferred location, but will not know for sure until Tuesday morning.

Yea, it would be nice, but alot of games to be played. Diboll is a very good team. Silsbee will need the great pitching from Powell and the bats to get hot. I still pick Silsbee to win. Go Tigers! Didnt Diboll beat the boys basketball team in the Regional finals back in like 2004 or 05?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1408614" timestamp="1369746452"]
Yea, it would be nice, but alot of games to be played. Diboll is a very good team. Silsbee will need the great pitching from Powell and the bats to get hot. I still pick Silsbee to win. Go Tigers! Didnt Diboll beat the boys basketball team in the Regional finals back in like 2004 or 05?
[/quote]

I believe 2005 diboll did beat silsbee to go on to the state tournament in ATX. 

[quote name="mistanice" post="1408615" timestamp="1369746758"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=112204.msg1408614#msg1408614 date=1369746452]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bridge City was the Region 3 team in 2005 & 06, La Grange was the Region 3 winner in 04

[quote name="Javelina" post="1408621" timestamp="1369748762"]
[quote author=mistanice link=topic=112204.msg1408615#msg1408615 date=1369746758]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=112204.msg1408614#msg1408614 date=1369746452]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bridge City was the Region 3 team in 2005 & 06, La Grange was the Region 3 winner in 04
[/quote]

But the question was about Diboll beating Silsbee in regional finals in basketball. ;)

[quote name="RockNFire" post="1408862" timestamp="1369796004"]
That was a heck of a basketball game held at Sam Houston as I recall. That Diboll team was lead by Jermichael Finley of UT and Green Bay Packer fame. They beat Silsbee 58-55, and then lost to Graham in Austin.
[/quote]

Finley averaged 24 points and 20 rebounds that year.  I know the rebound average seems unreal but those were the end of year stats.  Too bad they couldn't get by graham.  I remember Finley going for a wide open dunk and failed.  I believe Bullard or Van won the state championship that year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder