H-F Job Open

[quote name="passingthru" post="1399500" timestamp="1367354421"]
So now going to have the 5th coach in the last 7 years?  Hope the folks hiring get it together this time.........
[/quote]

I am hearing the boys head basketball job will be opening soon as well.

That will be 5 in 4 years for that job. ::) :o

[quote name="knows2much" post="1399618" timestamp="1367414270"]
HF does not pay worth a crap.  Hard to keep good coaches if you can't compete with other schools concerning salary.
[/quote]

True! These teachers are starving, especially in HF. Im sure the cost of living isn't too high there, but the people who live there must go to higher cost living places to shop and eat. HF used to be a great school and their athletic department was also top notch. They have such great families there. Sad they are in this sad of shape. Money doesn't grow on trees (well, I guess they don't have those either!), but paying your teachers state base isn't acceptable and will only lead to more trouble down the line. Bring back the HF I knew in HS.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1399830" timestamp="1367458101"]
Josh Mitchell should be the next HF girls coach.

motivated and experienced
[/quote]

Are you saying he will give being an AD and coach at Spurger to be just a girls basketball coach at HF?

I have heard that the AD has been out actively pursuing candidates for this job. He is working pretty hard to go get a quality coach. I know that he has contacted a few coaches that have state tournament experience. I think they will end up with a good fit for the job.

I do not know who you know that works out there but my sources tell me very few enjoy working for this AD and he has been in contact with coaches before the current coach even turned in her resignation. Great class he has. Just because someone has state tournament experience does not make them a good coach...you can ride talent when you jump from job to job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="bhdog28" post="1399681" timestamp="1367427071"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=111505.msg1399618#msg1399618 date=1367414270]
HF does not pay worth a crap.  Hard to keep good coaches if you can't compete with other schools concerning salary.
[/quote]

True! These teachers are starving, especially in HF. Im sure the cost of living isn't too high there, but the people who live there must go to higher cost living places to shop and eat. HF used to be a great school and their athletic department was also top notch. They have such great families there. Sad they are in this sad of shape. Money doesn't grow on trees (well, I guess they don't have those either!), but paying your teachers state base isn't acceptable and will only lead to more trouble down the line. Bring back the HF I knew in HS.
[/quote]
You said, "HF used to be a great school."  >:( Sometimes I read dumb comments on here. Sometimes they are just plain stupid. I guess you get Houston news or something, but H-F is one of the top 3 in our region for academics. We also win our district every year in UIL competition. Last time I checked, that is what I thought school was about?

At this point HF should give up sports and focus on books.  Parents will not allow their children to be coached and truth be known if the parents cared as much about the classroom as they do the sports field many of the great teachers they leave as well.  Micromanaging parents at its best is on display at HF

[quote name="Horns93" post="1412029" timestamp="1370672035"]
[quote author=bhdog28 link=topic=111505.msg1399681#msg1399681 date=1367427071]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=111505.msg1399618#msg1399618 date=1367414270]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You said, "HF used to be a great school."  >:( Sometimes I read dumb comments on here. Sometimes they are just plain stupid. I guess you get Houston news or something, but H-F is one of the top 3 in our region for academics.  [b]We[/b][b]also win our district every year in UIL competition[/b]. Last time I checked, that is what I thought school was about?
[/quote]

I'm sure you intended to state this as UIL Non-Athletic Competition.  HF also plays UIL football, UIL boys and girls cross country, UIL volleyball, UIL boys and girls basketball, UIL softball, UIL baseball and UIL boys and girls track.  Quite a lot of UIL going on there, don't you think?  In my opinion, school is for learning - that's certain in the classroom and also applies to the out of classroom activities.  Lighten up, Francis.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi