Alvin Credeur leaving Lumberton/ It's Official!

I can't tell you all the scores of past years ,or who won what.. But I can tell you I can pick up the phone and call a coach (a friend) after 20 years and he will answer everytime, and the topic isn't even about football. I intentionally don't mention football because there are other things that are more important.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Batman" post="1398765" timestamp="1367107349"]

I would love to see how much Vidor runs it up on Lumberton this year if Credeur has anything to do with it...

Regardless of what coach is brought in, another 0-10 record coming up for the Raiders.
[/quote]Mathews wont let THAT happen.

[quote name="Batman" post="1398765" timestamp="1367107349"]

I would love to see how much Vidor runs it up on Lumberton this year if Credeur has anything to do with it...

Regardless of what coach is brought in, another 0-10 record coming up for the Raiders.
[/quote]

One thing about him, he does not like to run the score up.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1398770" timestamp="1367109387"]
[quote author=Batman link=topic=111442.msg1398765#msg1398765 date=1367107349]

[/quote]

He let it happen last season. Felt horrible for our boys. 66-6. Our boys played their hearts out so I understood why our boys were upset after that

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="1398773" timestamp="1367109619"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111442.msg1398770#msg1398770 date=1367109387]

[/quote]

He let it happen last season. Felt horrible for our boys. 66-6. Our boys played their hearts out so I understood why our boys were upset after that
[/quote]
Seriously girl do a little research before you talk. He had first string out at halftime. They never touched the field after that. We had guys run the ball that night that NEVER ran before and never ran again after that night. He did everything in his power to not run it up but when a sophomore 4th string RB goes for a 73 yard TD what you gonna do?? Tell him to fall down?? Not trying to disrespect lumberton in any way, I have mad respect for y'all but Jeff Mathews did everything to try and keep it reasonable but somethings you just can't help.

Was on the sideline on the 73 yard run he was yelling at the ref to call holding on his players to bring the touchdown back . He threw down his hat ... It was obvious he did not want to score again.  Know what you are saying before you post it .

Didn't come out how it was suppose. Anyone that has kept up.with my posts on here know I keep up with Lumberton sports and never say anything disrespectful towards anyone. If it came across that way I didn't mean for it too. I respect him, he has done an amazing.job at Vidor.

Looking in from the outside and seeing what Coaches and AD's go through when dealing with politically charged atmospheres...it seems logical that AC would leave???? That environment does not make things enjoyable. But from another perspective and being the son of a coach that was enclosed in the administrative side of athletics...even when things were not as they seem to be now, one still deals with the day to day grind of the foresaid position...in other words my Dad just could not enjoy coaching. He would have not been envolved in the administration side of athletics if he had not of wanted to move on to secondary admin. AC in my opinion was not in coaching to do that...he was in coaching to coach kids...it was only obvious. Folks need to think about this...maybe he left just to be able to get back to the roots he so enjoyed and stepping down in a town where you have been THE MAN is just not fisable. A move like that would require him to move. Sometimes we accuse Coaches of over coaching...I think us arm chair QB's...lol...sometimes over think it???

I have been a high school coach for many years and have been in good programs and not so good programs, but the one point that is totally overlooked when discussing football programs is enrollment. Lumberton and LCM has been the smallest school in the district and struggled to find sucess, while Nederland, PNG and Vidor are the larger school and are usually the front runners.
  When a school like a Nederland has about 2000 students to draw from and Lumberton has about 1,000 the odds are Nederland will have a significantly better pool of talent to draw from.
  So the Coach gets the blame and in Coach Cradeur's situation, it is way off the mark. He is a fine man and a great coach, in a tough situation.  He has done a great job at Lumberton and they will miss him. I wish him the best.

[quote name="thetobster" post="1399334" timestamp="1367329326"]
I have been a high school coach for many years and have been in good programs and not so good programs, but the one point that is totally overlooked when discussing football programs is enrollment. Lumberton and LCM has been the smallest school in the district and struggled to find sucess, while Nederland, PNG and Vidor are the larger school and are usually the front runners.
  When a school like a Nederland has about 2000 students to draw from and Lumberton has about 1,000 the odds are Nederland will have a significantly better pool of talent to draw from.
  So the Coach gets the blame and in Coach Cradeur's situation, it is way off the mark. He is a fine man and a great coach, in a tough situation.  He has done a great job at Lumberton and they will miss him. I wish him the best.
[/quote]
Vidor isn't that big of a school man. Last enrolement had them at 1400 and lumberton with only 350 less students. And since when is nederland's enrolement 2000?? They aren't summer creek lol.

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="1398773" timestamp="1367109619"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111442.msg1398770#msg1398770 date=1367109387]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see how some may have thought Mathews just let our boys run and run and run the score up.  However, this has been discussed before when this game happened.  As you are all aware, even 3rd string played that night. 

I even said last year, "what are these 3rd and 4th string players supposed to do?  Stop on the 1 yard line and hand the ball over?  Some of these 3rd and 4th string kids will never get that chance again."

With that said, the Vidor/Lumberton game last year wasn't a "y'all go out there and run that score up 1st string boys" type of game.  I do hope Credeur makes his way on over to our sidelines this year.  ;)

[quote name="thetobster" post="1399334" timestamp="1367329326"]
[/quote]

Beaumont Central 1840.5
Little Cypress-Mauriceville 1123
Livingston 1143
Lumberton 1087
Port Neches-Groves 1431
Vidor 1398
Beaumont Ozen 1264
Nederland 1478.5

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1399523" timestamp="1367358539"]
[quote author=thetobster link=topic=111442.msg1399334#msg1399334 date=1367329326]
[/quote]

Beaumont Central 1840.5
Little Cypress-Mauriceville 1123
Livingston 1143
Lumberton 1087
Port Neches-Groves 1431
Vidor 1398
Beaumont Ozen 1264
Nederland 1478.5

Those enrollments all look pretty close.
[/quote]

According to last year UIL numbers, Lumberton isn't too far off from last year playoff schools. Livingston has less then 100 more students and get in the playoffs a lot. I just buy the numbers game in this district. Talent wise, I do.

Lumberton is the 4a version of HJ. The parents blame coaches instead of realizing there's not much talent. My opinion on it.

If I was a teacher and none of my kids passed TAKS or STARR for a couple of years, would I still be able to teach because I was a good guy?  If I was a car/coin/anything salesman and did not sell anything for a while, would I still get paid a draw for being a good guy?  Absolutely not.  Nobody said anything about is character or disgraced him in any way, it is just time for a change and let someone else try and turn it around.  But, it was not just him, several on the staff as well should hang it up in my opinion. 

[quote name="brokecoach" post="1400463" timestamp="1367587642"]
If I was a teacher and none of my kids passed TAKS or STARR for a couple of years, would I still be able to teach because I was a good guy?  If I was a car/coin/anything salesman and did not sell anything for a while, would I still get paid a draw for being a good guy?  Absolutely not.  Nobody said anything about is character or disgraced him in any way, it is just time for a change and let someone else try and turn it around.  But, it was not just him, several on the staff as well should hang it up in my opinion.
[/quote]

Good post.  I think it is important for Lumberton to embrace and support the new AD/coach that is brought in and preach the same thing to their kids.  Let the new guy do his thing and everybody get on board.  For all you Cowboy fans that loved Tom Landry, it was the end of the world when Jerry Jones fired Landry.  Even though you continue to hate Jerry Jones (and you should) you still supported the team and they went on to win a few super bowls.  Everyone will agree that the same result would not have happened with Tom Landry, but Landry was still a great coach, great man, etc.  If you support your school, support your coaches and teach your kids to do the same, I think you will have bright days ahead of you.

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1400607" timestamp="1367601716"]
Any names being talked about?  For the kids' sake, I hope they get a coach in there soon.  Wouldn't make for a good situation to go into the summer without a ad/head fb coach.
[/quote]

I would think someone from the 3A 2A ranks that is in a OC or DC position that wants to move up maybe even a 1a or 2a HC/AD that wants to get a larger district on his resume... his success will depend on if the players and parents will buy into his system and let him work his scheme I am sure if they buy in, you might see a good change next year... if there is some friction you might not see any change... you might even get a few bites from the 5A ranks from the OC/DC area... or a AD/HC that wants out of the big city ranks and back to a down home atmosphere..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86