Alvin Credeur leaving Lumberton/ It's Official!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WASTEOFTALENT" post="1398299" timestamp="1367001403"]
This in response to...."[b]They've never been competitive in football....except under Credeur[/b]"

'89...6-4  i believe they beat the 3rd ranked 3a team in the state that year
'90...7-3  only 2 teams made the playoffs way back then...only 2 district losses
'91...8-2  again, only 2 teams made the playoffs...how awful is that...no playoffs

I am sure there a few more examples...so post them if you know them...

if that isn't competitive.....what is?
[/quote]
Didn't mean any disrespect to those three team. So over the last 47 years or so they've had a few good years before Credeur but that doesn't make my point any less valid.

[quote name="Search" post="1398312" timestamp="1367004661"]
And I could care less about what other schools are doing.  My kids go to lumberton.  But if you tell me he is a good coach because we went to the playoffs once or because we is a good guys, I will reply with he's not going to the playoffs, the team is not doing well and he does not care.  If you want to give me technical football reasons for why he is a good coach then explain them.
[/quote]

If you think Coach Credeur didn't care about winning, about the program and especially about the kids he coached then you've just proven to me that you have no idea what you are talking about and you certainly don't know anything about Alvin Credeur. Is he a perfect coach? Of course not. Did he make mistakes? Of course he did. And he'd be the first to tell you he's not living on any past success or acolades. Everything they wrote about him and what he taught the kids can be found in that article from Dave Campbell's. Given time he'd a turned this program around. It was happening. Most of the kids I know (not all) had a great attitude about the future and knew Credeur wanted to win as bad as they did.

[quote name="Search" post="1398328" timestamp="1367010569"]
If I want my son to be a christian I take him to church.

If I want my son to be a great citizen, that is my job.

[b]If I want my son to learn to play football, I have to rely on a coach[/b].
[/quote]

and stay out of his way. ;)

That was not the case the last few years at Lumberton with Credeur. Too many folks trying to tell him how to do his job.

This is not the only person who some of the yocals are trying to get rid of. :o

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="Search" post="1398327" timestamp="1367010395"]
So it is impossible to have a good youth program in Lumberton because of the parents?
[/quote]

I didn't say it's impossible to have a good youth program.  You asked why he wasn't more involved in the youth program.  I told you why I thought he wasn't.  But any problems in any youth sporting organization is usually because of the parents.  Do you disagree with that statement?

Lumberton's record since 2006

2012-      0-10
2011-      1-9
2010-      5-5
2009-      5-5
*2008-    8-2
*2007-    11-2
2006-      [u]4-6[/u]

30-39 total record with 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins in 7 years

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="Search" post="1398334" timestamp="1367012298"]
Dang,  thought this was America were you pay your taxes for schoolin and sports and could complain.

I guess you make the rulz.  You want my taxes.
[/quote]

You might feel differently about the situation if we dig into where you work and the quality of your work and the community judges you on whether they think you are successful.  And if they don't think you are doing well enough, the level of complaining reaches a point where it affects people's livelihood.

This is about more than just grumbling under your breath or friendly banter on a sports forum.  This group, I assume you are one of them, went after this man's livelihood which has an affect on his life and the lives of his family members.

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1398337" timestamp="1367012926"]
Lumberton's record since 2006

2012-      0-10
2011-      1-9
2010-      5-5
2009-      5-5
*2008-    8-2
*2007-    11-2
2006-      [u]4-6[/u]

30-39 total record with 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins in 7 years
[/quote]

ive known Alvin for 40 years as a classmate,friend,team mate,hunting buddy,and as AD and head coach, just a huge loss
as I see it. he chose to resign from this job. reasons do include money {lowest paid in district},assistant coaches pay,also
lowest in district,in turn he looses quality assistants. reasons also included a relentless amount of calls from parents to the board,school,and his office. some just cant believe that the talent is not here to be successful.  there is talent here ,but numbers are just smaller than other programs, making your overall pool of kids just smaller.
just watching the last years games proove this out. the 07 and 08 years had several college players on these teams. look how many college players since ,I cant think of any.  07 ,08,09 teams had these guys; allen ward-texas state, cody hussy-lamar,manley-Tulane,jacob hanna-lamar,jesse sparks-lamar,kyle Gilliam-lamar,mark murrell-lamar,anthony beard-smu-lamar, that was talent ,not to say there is not talented young men in the program today and also in the youth programs, because there is,but the constant pressure and arguing by certain parents and others have made a difficult decision a little easier for Alvin to make. I know someone will get a fine person and coach to help their program. hope Lumberton gets a new coach with thick skin,hes going to need it                           

I'm not busting on Lumberton, but I watched them last year against BH and it wasn't pretty. If I remember right, the team continued to fight through the year, which would be hard for anyone that was losing every Friday night. I remember Lumberton playing some close games in district and continued to fight to the end. You don't keep that motivation with just anybody, but Credeur kept them boys motivated to play hard the whole year. Just last year showed me he was an awesome coach. Good luck coach!

[quote name="Search" post="1398328" timestamp="1367010569"]

If I want my son to learn to play football, I have to rely on a coach.

[/quote]

This post is a little ignorant.  If you want your son to be a Christian, that is your job.  Disciple him.  If you want your son to be a great citizen, model that behavior and he will follow suit.  If you want your son to learn to play football......wait, doesn't your son want to learn to play football on his own? Or is that something you want for him?  Just like our good buddy Bedelmon, Search seems to be a little league hero coach who thinks he knows more than the guys who have made a career out of it.  It's really a sad state of affairs when folks like this run good men out of these towns in this area.  Oh well. 

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1398344" timestamp="1367013943"]
[quote author=LHS ALLZONE link=topic=111442.msg1398340#msg1398340 date=1367013116]
ive known Alvin for 40 years as a classmate,friend,team mate,hunting buddy,and as AD and head coach, just a huge loss
as I see it. he chose to resign from this job. reasons do include money {lowest paid in district},assistant coaches pay,also
lowest in district,in turn he looses quality assistants. reasons also included a relentless amount of calls from parents to the board,school,and his office. some just cant believe that the talent is not here to be successful.  there is talent here ,but numbers are just smaller than other programs, making your overall pool of kids just smaller.
just watching the last years games proove this out. the 07 and 08 years had several college players on these teams. look how many college players since ,I cant think of any.  07 ,08,09 teams had these guys; allen ward-texas state, cody hussy-lamar,manley-Tulane,jacob hanna-lamar,jesse sparks-lamar,kyle Gilliam-lamar,mark murrell-lamar,anthony beard-smu-lamar, that was talent ,not to say there is not talented young men in the program today and also in the youth programs, because there is,but the constant pressure and arguing by certain parents and others have made a difficult decision a little easier for Alvin to make. I know someone will get a fine person and coach to help their program. hope Lumberton gets a new coach with thick skin,hes going to need it                         
[/quote]

I agree with almost everything you said.  I don't agree that money has anything to do with it.  If coach put 10 reasons on paper of why he resigned, I don't believe his pay would be on that list.  I also don't agree that Coach Credeur resigned because of the constant loss of quality assistants.  Not denying that he lost them but he wouldn't leave because of that.  But the $ for the program and turnover in assistants certainly contributed to the losses.  And the losses contributed to the unhappiness of the parents which led to the phone calls.
[/quote][quote author=Scatright link=topic=111442.msg1398345#msg1398345 date=1367013977]
[quote author=Search link=topic=111442.msg1398328#msg1398328 date=1367010569]

If I want my son to learn to play football, I have to rely on a coach.

I,ve never coached little league football. 

My son is glad to see him gone like many other football players.  Can you understand that.
[/quote]

This post is a little ignorant.  If you want your son to be a Christian, that is your job.  Disciple him.  If you want your son to be a great citizen, model that behavior and he will follow suit.  If you want your son to learn to play football......wait, doesn't your son want to learn to play football on his own? Or is that something you want for him?  Just like our good buddy Bedelmon, Search seems to be a little league hero coach who thinks he knows more than the guys who have made a career out of it.  It's really a sad state of affairs when folks like this run good men out of these towns in this area.  Oh well. 
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86