**#22 BRIDGE CITY at #23 SILSBEE Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 5-4

The numbers

1      2      3        4      5      6      7          R      H      E
Bridge City              1      0      3        0      0      0      0          4      8      0
Silsbee                    0      0      3        1      0      0      0          5    10    3

Pitching

BC

Guidry              6 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 9 H, 2 BB, 6 K
Shugart            1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 2 BB, 1 K

Silsbee

Powell            7 IP, 4 R, 2 ER, 8 H, 4 K

Hitting

BC

Shugart      1-3, R, 2 RBI
Langston    1-2, R
Sampere    1-3, R
Uzzle          1-4, R
McFarland  1-2
Guidry        1-3
Pittman      1-3
Hunter        1-3

Silsbee

Leblanc        2-3, 2B, HR, R, BB, 2 RBI
Valencia      2-3, 2B, Sac, R, RBI
Griffin          2-3, 2B, R
Garcia        1-3, 2B, R, BB
Thibideaux  1-3, RBI
Powell        1-3
Shellhammer  1-3

WP    Powell  6-0
LP    Shugart

BC  (18-8, 7-1)
SIL  (20-4, 8-1)

Congrats to the Silsbee Tigers on the win.

Good game with several changes in momentum. The Tigers made the most of a couple of breaks that went their way and got it done. Very similar to last game, the team with the fewest errors came out on the wrong end of the score. Strange how baseball works. It's awful tough to beat a good team 3 times in a row. Both teams have to put their heads down and grind out the season if there is to be a "round 3" because there is plenty of baseball left to play. Again Congrats to Tigers on the "W".

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1394242" timestamp="1365898002"]
Congrats to the Silsbee Tigers on the win.

Good game with several changes in momentum. The Tigers made the most of a couple of breaks that went their way and got it done. Very similar to last game, the team with the fewest errors came out on the wrong end of the score. Strange how baseball works. It's awful tough to beat a good team 3 times in a row. Both teams have to put their heads down and grind out the season if there is to be a "round 3" because there is plenty of baseball left to play. Again Congrats to Tigers on the "W".

Rake1
[/quote]

Great post, Rake.....

And I agree no one needs to get ahead of themselves, LOTS OF BASEBALL LEFT, to even talk about a game 3 this season..... One game at a time.

HorseMan Bridge City and Silsbee have great teams this year.But please do not stir the pot about how they would beat a lot of 4-A teams.I am sure Nederland and PNG would beat a lot of 5-A teams.Our fourth place team in 20-4a LCM beat Silsbee and Bridge City earlier this season.There is no way to prove your point so it is best not to make that kind of statement.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1394272" timestamp="1365908240"]
HorseMan Bridge City and Silsbee have great teams this year.But please do not stir the pot about how they would beat a lot of 4-A teams.I am sure Nederland and PNG would beat a lot of 5-A teams.Our fourth place team in 20-4a LCM beat Silsbee and Bridge City earlier this season.There is no way to prove your point so it is best not to make that kind of statement.
[/quote]

Silsbee beat Livingston, Lumberton, Ozen, and Dayton earlier this year...yea, pretty sure they can beat 4a teams. I'm not saying they're gonna beat teams like PNG and Ned but they could definitely compete for a playoff spot in some 4a districts IMO.

Well goatman I believe Smoke and Stanley carified my statement. Not pot stirring,just stating my belief! I do honestly believe Silsbee or Bridge City could play with anybody and did during early part of year! Now try to convince me that Any coach at H.S. level doest'nt attempt to win any game including scrimmages.The better you practice,the better you play.....

Bridge City year in year out would compete for the title in 20-4a.Silsbee comes up with a squad that could make a run every now and then.They have a very good team this year.I believe Nederland would handle them both at this point of the season.I believe Ned. would take them 7 out of 10 games.I bet this is getting under your skin.Neither won of us can prove what we believe.Why can't you just be happy with being successful in 3-A.As for as doing well in a scrimmage you might want to talk to the Dayton football team about how Nederland competes win it counts! 

[quote name="Stanley Gore" post="1394381" timestamp="1365985341"]
to set the record straight Silsbee did beat LCM in their own tournament earlier this year and only lost to Barbers Hill by 1 point.
[/quote]

Yes stanley is correct they only lost by 1 POINT when the Barbers Hill shortstop hit a free throw in the bottom of the 14TH to win it. Silsbee got into foul trouble early.

[quote name="jeffcoat" post="1394416" timestamp="1366029631"]
[quote author=Stanley Gore link=topic=111131.msg1394381#msg1394381 date=1365985341]
to set the record straight Silsbee did beat LCM in their own tournament earlier this year and only lost to Barbers Hill by 1 point.
[/quote]

[/quote]
For starters anyone bringing this up under this thread is doing both teams a disservice and taking away from 2 great seasons and a great game played by these young men. But LCM beat Silsbee 9-1 this year in that tournament. Just to "set the record straight".

Can't wait for the game three between these two teams. Should be a great start to the post season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder