HF Job Open

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1393753" timestamp="1365792790"]
[quote author=GoldGlove link=topic=111095.msg1393749#msg1393749 date=1365791342]
Where's the HF coach going?  Anyone know?
[/quote]

Coach Mahaffey is [b]retiring[/b] after 36 years in the profession.
[/quote]

Means Work less and fish more  ;D

[quote name="Horns89" post="1393759" timestamp="1365794058"]
Hope he has a wonderful  retirement!!!!!! Now I really hope we get a good new coach!!!
[/quote]

Absolutely pathetic post. He has made the playoffs 2 or 3 times in his 6 years I believe and beyond wins and loses he is a man of character. This is more important than the almighty W friend. Aggies seems to know a lot about many coaches around here...I believe this man has won a state championship as a head coach...can anyone say if this is true? And he's not a good coach???

Yes, he did win a State Championship in football at Bartlett.  Wayne is a good coach and a great man.  He is very well respected in coaching circles for his knowledge of both football and baseball, but more for his integrity and class!  Enjoy your retirement!! 8)

• 1 month later...
Any word on who the new hire will be?  I noticed both the boys and girls basketball jobs are open also!  How many coaches are leaving this year?  Looks like the new AD will get a lot of opportunity to find replacements...hopefully he will give employees within the program a shot at some of these positions.  Only time will tell...

Best wishes to Coach Mahaffey.
My son played for Coach for three seasons at HF and he always treated my son fairly and helped him to prepare to play baseball at the next level. It's always easier to coach from the stands and I am guilty of that but I never questioned the integrity or character of Coach Mahaffey.
Enjoy your retirement Coach.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1406832" timestamp="1369184040"]
[quote author=Horns89 link=topic=111095.msg1406561#msg1406561 date=1369146546]
Here they hired a baseball coach from Midland.
[/quote]

Shocking.
[/quote]

This would be a great spot for a baseball coach. Great community and great yard. The assistants I've known are loyal and know the game and would be asset to the baseball program.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1406840" timestamp="1369185262"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=111095.msg1406832#msg1406832 date=1369184040]
[quote author=Horns89 link=topic=111095.msg1406561#msg1406561 date=1369146546]
Here they hired a baseball coach from Midland.
[/quote]

Shocking.
[/quote]

This would be a great spot for a baseball coach. Great community and great yard. The assistants I've known are loyal and know the game and would be asset to the baseball program.
[/quote]

Not to sure these loyal assistants will stick around after constantly being overlooked for a head coaching job.

So the new AD has run off the baseball coach, girls basketball coach, and reassigned the softball coach. My sources tell me a lot of unhappy people out there. MaHaffey was a class act. Softball coach had been there since I moved to the area. Do not know much about the basketball coach. Maybe someone with deeper sources than I have can fill me in...I'm not connecting the dots on why here.

HFfan5...any idea of those assistant coaches plan on staying?

[quote name="Rizon" post="1407845" timestamp="1369356275"]
So the new AD has run off the baseball coach, girls basketball coach, and reassigned the softball coach. My sources tell me a lot of unhappy people out there. MaHaffey was a class act. Softball coach had been there since I moved to the area. Do not know much about the basketball coach. Maybe someone with deeper sources than I have can fill me in...I'm not connecting the dots on why here.

HFfan5...any idea of those assistant coaches plan on staying?
[/quote]

Connect these dots...Mahaffey was a class act...The Baseball Coach Retired..... The Softball Coach has had a horrible record the last 2 seasons....so they are getting new leadership there...... Just because softball coach has been there a long time does not guarantee her keeping the job....if they are not improving.....Girls baskeball coach has done a good job and got a job at a bigger program...good for her.....Sounds like the AD is doing a great job..... He is doing his job......Assistants (Leaders) have to show they are able to be led....before they are giving the job to lead......dots connected.