West Orange-Stark at East Chambers Game Thread/East Chambers wins 5-4

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1393997" timestamp="1365823259"]
Who pitched for WOS?
[/quote]

Chase Rutledge.....heard there was an incident where the wife of the East Chambers coach didn't want to give the WOS player who had just hit his first varsity homer the ball. Shameful.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1394192" timestamp="1365884566"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=111065.msg1393997#msg1393997 date=1365823259]
Who pitched for WOS?
[/quote]

Chase Rutledge.....heard there was an incident where the wife of the East Chambers coach didn't want to give the WOS player who had just hit his first varsity homer the ball. Shameful.
[/quote] shameful for you to post something that you heard !! Don't post what you heard but what you seen.  Oh wait you left after the jv game. 

[quote name="wackpack" post="1394318" timestamp="1365952965"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=111065.msg1394192#msg1394192 date=1365884566]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=111065.msg1393997#msg1393997 date=1365823259]
Who pitched for WOS?
[/quote]

[/quote] shameful for you to post something that you heard !! Don't post what you heard but what you seen.  Oh wait you left after the jv game.
[/quote]

are you saying that the story is not true?

Yes u r correct, i left after the jv game.....however, i got the news first hand from the kids father the coach screamed at from the dugout. Pretty sure there will b a complaint filed. I also talked to coaches later that night. No coach should have acted that way. To deny any kid at any level for any reason his first home run ball is honestly over the top and the wife had no reason to get involved. I am sure there is two sides to the story...but still there is no excuse for what happened. Bottom line is the kid got the ball, but the whole incident reflects badly on a fine East Chambers program.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1394400" timestamp="1365999877"]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=111065.msg1394344#msg1394344 date=1365970392]
Butterbean was you at the game ? If not go join txdragon and get y'all's story right
[/quote]

So what are YOUR facts?
[/quote]same as yours

What about the WOS kid who retrieved the HR ball and disrespected the EC JV player and what about the WOS parent who tried to intimidate the wife after she informed him that the EC head coach had the hr ball and was giving it to the kid. The parent was so far out of line that the EC parents became concerned with how the over 6 ft WOS parent approached and was treating the coaches wife. I know the facts because I was sitting right there watching the whole thing. The ball was taken from the wos kid because of how he treated the EC player. The wife was only sticking up for the EC player and trying to show kids that it is wrong to treat other kids in the manner the WOS player did. She also told the WOS kids that the ball was going to be given to the EC coach and the EC coach would give the player the ball. As far as the coach yelling from the dugout...the head coach was telling the WOS parent that the kid had the ball already because all the parent was doing was stirring up parents on both sides. Then the parent responds by screaming back at the head coach. WOW....so it doesn’t sound like and didn’t look like EC was in the wrong.
As a note the ball was already in the WOS dugout by the time the parent approached the coaches wife.

[quote name="bseblljunkie" post="1394457" timestamp="1366040624"]
What about the WOS kid who retrieved the HR ball and disrespected the EC JV player and what about the WOS parent who tried to intimidate the wife after she informed him that the EC head coach had the hr ball and was giving it to the kid. The parent was so far out of line that the EC parents became concerned with how the over 6 ft WOS parent approached and was treating the coaches wife. I know the facts because I was sitting right there watching the whole thing. The ball was taken from the wos kid because of how he treated the EC player. The wife was only sticking up for the EC player and trying to show kids that it is wrong to treat other kids in the manner the WOS player did. She also told the WOS kids that the ball was going to be given to the EC coach and the EC coach would give the player the ball. As far as the coach yelling from the dugout...the head coach was telling the WOS parent that the kid had the ball already because all the parent was doing was stirring up parents on both sides. Then the parent responds by screaming back at the head coach. WOW....so it doesn’t sound like and didn’t look like EC was in the wrong.
As a note the ball was already in the WOS dugout by the time the parent approached the coaches wife.
[/quote]

As i figured, two sides to every story.

I have known the over 6 foot gentleman, whose late father is a TEXAS HALL OF FAME COACH and have had the honor to have coached with him for 5 years together in PONY league. If he tells me he asked politely for the ball at first I believe him. Now, did he probably get mad after she told him she would not give him the ball, I think any parent would have. I have never known him to lie about anything, in fact, he usually is straight up about everything and will tell it to you like he sees it.

Second of all, even if the kid was disrespected it is [u]not the wife's place to a)take a ball from an opposing player under ANY circumstances [/u]and [u]b)teach anyone outside of her own kids about anything[/u]. That makes her in the wrong. If she wanted to stick up for the EC she could have complained to the WOS coach if someone was being mistreated. I guarentee you Coach Landry or Coach Morrell would have addressed the issue immediately and harshly. Had the ball been turned over the parents would not have been involved and the whole situation been avoided.

There were also EC parents who advised the WOS parent to complain to the school principal, which I was told has happened.

Since you were RIGHT THERE how did the WOS player disrespect the EC player? I truly want to know and will pass it along to the coach.

She never told him he could not have the ball. She had already walked over and gave the ball to the EC head coach and I saw the EC coach give the ball to WOS. The ball was in the WOS dugout prior to the parent approaching her. She told the parent that the ball was given to the head coach. Im sure he is a good guy, not disputing that, and not saying he is a liar either,  he was probably caught up in the moment because he did not have all of the facts and thought his son was not going to get the ball and just didnt realize how aggressive he appeared to others. Another EC parent even stood up once he approached her because of how angry he was. For those who were sitting in the stands did not know what was going on and did not know that the player already had the ball. So I am sure they may have advised to call and complain, I would have advised the same thing had i not been there and known the kid already had the ball 

[quote name="bseblljunkie" post="1394513" timestamp="1366053737"]
She never told him he could not have the ball. She had already walked over and gave the ball to the EC head coach and I saw the EC coach give the ball to WOS. The ball was in the WOS dugout prior to the parent approaching her. She told the parent that the ball was given to the head coach. Im sure he is a good guy, not disputing that, and not saying he is a liar either,  he was probably caught up in the moment because he did not have all of the facts and thought his son was not going to get the ball and just didnt realize how aggressive he appeared to others. Another EC parent even stood up once he approached her because of how angry he was. For those who were sitting in the stands did not know what was going on and did not know that the player already had the ball. So I am sure they may have advised to call and complain, I would have advised the same thing had i not been there and known the kid already had the ball
[/quote] well said and those are the facts

Am I crazy or does this whole situation sounds like something that would take place at a little league park? Certainly not at a High School Varsity baseball game. Just out of curiosity what would have happened if the HR ball had landed in a spot it could not be retrieved or found? For example in the pasture behind left field at WOS or in the trees beyond the rightfield fence in Silsbee or any other place like that? I'm thinking you grab a game ball or a new one at the sporting goods store, write the date and info that one, and put it on or in your trophy case and be done with it. Not saying it's right or wrong but I don't ever remember an opposing teams coach being responsible for another teams home run ball? Just seems like a lot of drama over an incident that never should have happened.

Respectfully,

Rake1 

[quote name="wackpack" post="1394517" timestamp="1366053959"]
[quote author=bseblljunkie link=topic=111065.msg1394513#msg1394513 date=1366053737]
[/quote] well said and those are the facts
[/quote]

All could have been avoided. I can assure you the parent would not have walked over there had he known the ball had already been handed over.  I still would like to know how the JV player was disrespected. Let me state that I have always respected how nice the people of Winnie are having been there for two PONY GT championships and two directors tourney's. We were treated well always. I was quite surprised this happened there. Lesson to all parents, let the coaches discipline the players.

[quote name="bseblljunkie" post="1394513" timestamp="1366053737"]
[/quote]
This is bordering on rediculous. It doesn't matter. The kid has his ball. Now, since my kid is the one that went to get the ball, I will give you the facts about what happened. When the ball was hit, a little brother of one of the WOS varsity players went to get the ball. A kid from EC who I have no idea who he was, gave him the ball without incident. My son and his friend met the kid half way down the right field line and he handed the ball to the kid with my son. They were met after that by the coach's wife and she told them she needed the ball back. Three times they told her that this was a homerun ball and the players always get them. Each time they tried to pass, she stepped in front of them and cut them off. During this Exchange, the ball was handed to my son. The coach's wife told them that they were running out of balls, so this time that kid wasn't getting his ball. He gave her the ball and immediately came and told us what happened. Did the dad get upset? Hells to the yeah. If it was my kid, I would have too. He went to get the ball and was told he was on the wrong side and needed to get back to our side. While he was trying to get the ball, Coach Landry told me he already had the ball, but our side did not know this. Their coach began yelling at the people in our stands instead of coaching his team. My son has played ball with most of the kids from EC for his entire life and they will all vouch that he is respectful if nothing else. He didn't disrespect the lady, that is a lie. They were just trying to get their friends homerun ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin