Vidor OC Dwayne DuBois has been named AD/HC at Hardin-Jefferson

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The slot-t has helped Vidor go far in the playoffs the last couple years and helped East Bernard win the state championship in 2A, quite easily I should add. There's nothing wrong with the slot-t if you can run it, and run it right.

I agree the slot-T can be a great equalizer for teams with less talent in numbers. It has helped several area schools become competetive within their districts, but as i have argued before show me a 4A or 5A school that runs it and wins in weeks 13-16 regularly. You wont find it. Vidor went three deep two years ago then got thumped by a team with more athletic depth that wouldnt wear out from chasing the misdirection all night. We all saw what happened last year in round one when they met a athletically deep SC. Typically gotta be balanced to beat those teams.
But in 3A and especially lower in classification you can ride that train to the station cause teams normally dont have the talent depth.
All said i think it was a good hire for HJ if they will leave him alone and let him establish the offense. It took Vidor several years to perfect it.

[quote name="badndn" post="1391531" timestamp="1365161511"]
I agree the slot-T can be a great equalizer for teams with less talent in numbers. It has helped several area schools become competetive within their districts, but as i have argued before show me a 4A or 5A school that runs it and wins in weeks 13-16 regularly. You wont find it. Vidor went three deep two years ago then got thumped by a team with more athletic depth that wouldnt wear out from chasing the misdirection all night. We all saw what happened last year in round one when they met a athletically deep SC. Typically gotta be balanced to beat those teams.
But in 3A and especially lower in classification you can ride that train to the station cause teams normally dont have the talent depth.
All said i think it was a good hire for HJ if they will leave him alone and let him establish the offense. It took Vidor several years to perfect it.
[/quote] I think it really depends.  In 2008, Central went to a similar offense (wishbone) and ran it quite well as they marched 4 rounds deep and lost a 1 point nailbitter to Friendswood.  It won't take years to perfect it, IMO.  You simply need a salty defense to compliment the run offense (2011, 2012 Vidor Pirates and 2008 Central Jaguars).  If The coach puts The athletes they have on defense, H-J football will flourish...

Congrats Coach Dubois.... We are happy to have you! For all you haters out there, Hopefully the "Wing T" will help our no-talent kids win a couple of games... You guys never disappoint, something good finally happens with our progam, and you still "down" our kids... You know, I used to think it was fun to get on here and talk a little trash and you could find good information about other programs, but its just a bunch of senseless crap... You know, a couple of weeks ago, someone told me he felt sorry for my kids because they had a "delusional and inmature father". He didnt even get a warning from you moderators, but I get on here and take up for the kids in this community and get banned! Someone starts a thread about our new coach and the first thing that gets talked about is how the "Wing T" is good for programs with no talent.... So basically what you guys are saying is no matter how good we do now, or over the next years, its because we are running an offense that is perfect for a no-talent, struggling program... Really.....

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1391597" timestamp="1365171452"]
Congrats Coach Dubois.... We are happy to have you! For all you haters out there, Hopefully the "Wing T" will help our no-talent kids win a couple of games... You guys never disappoint, something good finally happens with our progam, and you still "down" our kids... You know, I used to think it was fun to get on here and talk a little trash and you could find good information about other programs, but its just a bunch of senseless crap... You know, a couple of weeks ago, someone told me he felt sorry for my kids because they had a "delusional and inmature father". He didnt even get a warning from you moderators, but I get on here and take up for the kids in this community and get banned! Someone starts a thread about our new coach and the first thing that gets talked about is how the "Wing T" is good for programs with no talent.... So basically what you guys are saying is no matter how good we do now, or over the next years, its because we are running an offense that is perfect for a no-talent, struggling program... Really.....
[/quote]

WOW!!! Leave it to you, to turn a positive thread into something totally different....smh ::)

Congrats Coach Dubois.... We are happy to have you! For all you haters out there, Hopefully the "Wing T" will help our no-talent kids win a couple of games... You guys never disappoint, something good finally happens with our progam, and you still "down" our kids... You know, I used to think it was fun to get on here and talk a little trash and you could find good information about other programs, but its just a bunch of senseless crap... You know, a couple of weeks ago, someone told me he felt sorry for my kids because they had a "delusional and inmature father". He didnt even get a warning from you moderators, but I get on here and take up for the kids in this community and get banned! [b]Someone starts a thread about our new coach and the first thing that gets talked about is how the "Wing T" is good for programs with no talent[/b].... So basically what you guys are saying is no matter how good we do now, or over the next years, its because we are running an offense that is perfect for a no-talent, struggling program... Really.....
[/quote] ::)

[/quote]

See, thats what Im talking about right there..... You honestly believe that saying kids have no talent is positive? Not being allowed to "attack" other users is the rule on here right? Our kids read this! Saying we have no talent and no "explosive" athletes is attacking our kids no matter how you look at it. Hey if I'm the one who turned this thread into something negative then I appologize, but I dont see it that way.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1391614" timestamp="1365172649"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110805.msg1391597#msg1391597 date=1365171452]
[/quote]

See, thats what Im talking about right there..... You honestly believe that saying kids have no talent is positive? Not being allowed to "attack" other users is the rule on here right? Our kids read this! Saying we have no talent and no "explosive" athletes is attacking our kids no matter how you look at it. Hey if I'm the one who turned this thread into something negative then I appologize, but I dont see it that way.
[/quote]Different coaching philosophies, especially offensive can make up for player deficiencies which in turn is the mark of a good coach. It's not about who has the most talent, if that was the case North Shore and Dallas Skyline would win almost every state championship. You have to just have solid team so when you get a standout player or two you can try to do something special. A good example of that is Vidor who is in the lower half of the district talent wise but plays a grind it out, ball control offense that limits the other teams possessions and in turn take pressure of their defense. Fan is short for fanatic and sometimes it's hard to view your own team objectively but I don't think people were really saying "no talent" but instead "not top of the district" type talent. 

[quote name="rhino1877" post="1391588" timestamp="1365170489"]
Llano runs it....
[/quote]

Llano used to run it when Coach Yeager was there, he is now the HC at Deleon, Llano has gone to an entire new offense.  There was a good 8 year period where the slot T was ran in Llano, we had the right type of kids to run it.

Back on topic, Congrats Coach and Good Luck

[quote name="cougar14" post="1391630" timestamp="1365175960"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110805.msg1391614#msg1391614 date=1365172649]
[/quote]

[/quote]Different coaching philosophies, especially offensive can make up for player deficiencies which in turn is the mark of a good coach. It's not about who has the most talent, if that was the case North Shore and Dallas Skyline would win almost every state championship. You have to just have solid team so when you get a standout player or two you can try to do something special. A good example of that is Vidor who is in the lower half of the district talent wise but plays a grind it out, ball control offense that limits the other teams possessions and in turn take pressure of their defense. Fan is short for fanatic and sometimes it's hard to view your own team objectively but I don't think people were really saying "no talent" but instead "not top of the district" type talent.
[/quote] Very good post.  Pretty good explanation.  (I can't believe I'm saying this)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1391630" timestamp="1365175960"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110805.msg1391614#msg1391614 date=1365172649]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree with everything you said right here cougar. Couldn't have said it better myself.

[size=6pt]Yes I just said that.[/size]

Congrats Coach DuBois!  Give him a little time to put in the slot t and you will see results, look at how competitive OF has become within thie district in the last 4 years because of the slot t.  I see similarities in the HJ,OF and Buna kids.  A few that can blow your doors off w speed, but on the whole a lot of kids that are disciplined and will be happy to go "3 yards and a cloud of dust."  Now with half of the district running the slot t, preparation for games just got a little more interesting...For those teams that play all 3 of them in a row, by the 3rd game you should be real adapt to seeing it.  Again, good luck to Coach Dubois and his family.  Vidor lost a good one.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1391614" timestamp="1365172649"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
So are you arguing that HJ has as many football talented atheletes as WOS? I said talent depth...not no talent. I am talking about teams that have three maybe four really good athletes and then a group that play hard, but arent' speed merchants or 6'5 260lb beasts.

The teams with less talent depth can use the misdirection as an equalizer. Misdirection slows down a fast attacking defense!

I am a PNG fan, I am not dilusional, I am well aware that we don't have the team speed of Central or WOS, but we got some excellent football players that compete tooth and nail with those kids and come out on top some times. I am not saying we have no talent or "Knocking" our kids.