Keeath Magee recommended to be new Ozen HC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people cant debate a social topic that is actually relevant to the school in the topic. I dont understand what is wrong with that. Also twocents they have these things called citations, and state and government associations that have to report accurate public information about state funded institutions such as school districts. So when you look at the information that the government gathers and reports yes it's kind of official.

The subject is relevant because Ozen is concerned with cleaning up it's image and reputation due to recent events. So maybe they hired a man the exuded discipline and character instead of someone with a winning record. They need someone to be able to deal with kids who dont have an advantageous situation or structure at home.  So its not highjacking it's just a few people arguing opinions on a discussion board.

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1388842" timestamp="1364306336"]
The subject is relevant because Ozen is concerned with cleaning up it's image and reputation due to recent events. So maybe they hired a man the exuded discipline and character instead of someone with a winning record. They need someone to be able to deal with kids who dont have an advantageous situation or structure at home.  So its not highjacking it's just a few people arguing opinions on a discussion board.
[/quote]Finally!!! We get to the most likely real issues .............

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1388838" timestamp="1364306045"]
So people cant debate a social topic that is actually relevant to the school in the topic. I dont understand what is wrong with that. Also twocents they have these things called citations, and state and government associations that have to report accurate public information about state funded institutions such as school districts. So when you look at the information that the government gathers and reports yes it's kind of official.
[/quote]
Well please provide the link to where you got these "reports" please.

This is what caught my eye.  "Magee resigned as head coach at North Crowley in November after going 8-22 in three seasons for the Class 5A school."
But, Blue, I see your point, to a certain extent:  There are coaches out there that can do both.  They can win [b]and[/b] have a disciplined program.  A school district shouldn't settle for just one.  But, on the other hand, unfortunately, coaches are fired because of their win/loss record, not because of lack of discipline.  But, a good winning program usually is a disciplined program.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1388846" timestamp="1364306809"]
[quote author=HIGHpoint96 link=topic=110438.msg1388842#msg1388842 date=1364306336]
[/quote]Finally!!! We get to the most likely real issues .............
[/quote]

Sure twocents just do what I did and do some research, proximityone is a website funded by the govt to report back school district demographic profiles. look up your school district and find the info you are looking for, then maybe your twocents will actually be worth something.

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1388593" timestamp="1364221397"]
Ok the percentage of students living economically disadvantaged in Vidor is 43%.

BISD, (even including the westend kids who are well off) currently has 68% of its students living in poverty.

So there are the facts Beaumont kids have it worse than Vidor kids. Its not debatable it's a statistical fact.
[/quote]

I just took a look at the link provided by PAMFAM (thank you) and it doesn't paint the same picture as the #s quoted here.  In fact, the site shows it closer to what I think it would be which is that BISD and VISD are not much different when you are only considering Poverty.  It also shows that PAISD is worse off than both of them which I also believe to be accurate.  Just throwing that out there.

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1389328" timestamp="1364396915"]
[quote author=HIGHpoint96 link=topic=110438.msg1388593#msg1388593 date=1364221397]
Ok the percentage of students living economically disadvantaged in Vidor is 43%.

BISD, (even including the westend kids who are well off) currently has 68% of its students living in poverty.

So there are the facts Beaumont kids have it worse than Vidor kids. Its not debatable it's a statistical fact.
[/quote]

I just took a look at the link provided by PAMFAM (thank you) and it doesn't paint the same picture as the #s quoted here.  In fact, the site shows it closer to what I think it would be which is that BISD and VISD are not much different when you are only considering Poverty.  It also shows that PAISD is worse off than both of them which I also believe to be accurate.  Just throwing that out there.
[/quote]
8)

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1389328" timestamp="1364396915"]
[quote author=HIGHpoint96 link=topic=110438.msg1388593#msg1388593 date=1364221397]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fact, Median Income per Family & per Household are identical between the two school districts (BISD & VISD).  There are a few percentage points difference when looking at % of 'school age kids' under the poverty level.  Mathematically speaking, that just means that VISD parents and BISD parents are making the same amount of money but one has more kids than the other. 

I'm interested to hear HIGHpoint's reply because it sounds like he is looking at different data than what he told us about.  Is there a different, more official and more secretive source that he is not sharing with the class?

[quote name="bcjag10" post="1389473" timestamp="1364414342"]
I Googled and found:

Beaumont poverty rate: residents below 33.6%.  above 68.5%
Port Arthur Tx.            : residents below 30.8%.  above 60.1%

I couldn't find anything on Nederland and Pn-g or Vidor
[/quote]They probably could not see the differences in the boundary lines between Nederland, PN-G & Vidor.  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1389484" timestamp="1364415914"]
all i got on Vidor was something in 2010 that i googled and it said 14.5% were below the poverty line.

But anyways, has this new coach met with his team yet? is he gonna keep the same schemes they were using? same staff??
[/quote]Vidor probably doesn't have enough money to report new poverty guidelines.

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1389575" timestamp="1364475245"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=110438.msg1389484#msg1389484 date=1364415914]
all i got on Vidor was something in 2010 that i googled and it said 14.5% were below the poverty line.

But anyways, has this new coach met with his team yet? is he gonna keep the same schemes they were using? same staff??
[/quote]Vidor probably doesn't have enough money to report new poverty guidelines.
[/quote]

In order to collect this census info, don't you have to go door to door.  Have you ever tried to walk through a person's yard in Vidor? You'll get some lead in your butt, quick.

The data are compiled and reported by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).  TEA defined students as “economically disadvantaged” if they receive free or reduced-price school lunches, or if they qualify for other public assistance.
Sorry I didnt get back to your questions yesterday I have a job and what not.

Its not the poverty line, its the percentage of students who recieve govt assistance because they qualify for assistance. If you only look at the citys income avg it doesnt reflect the students who actually go to the schools. Its not census data, It's data reported by TEA and other state education services.

http://panews.com/local/x681449865/Economically-disadvantage-students-challenge-to-PAISD-s-instruction

Here is a link for you. Notice as they report the information they credit THE STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION as their source. Then again at the bottom of the article they list all of the references of this article. For those of you who dont understand this concept its called citation. In the educated world when we report data and formulate theories we use and educated perspective gathered from previous information, and then we reference this material used to prove its validity. We don't just say well I live in Vidor and MY OPINION is we have it worse than beaumont kids.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/districts/vidor-independent-school-district/vidor-high-school-20032

Here is the link to where I found the Vidor information. Notice again at the bottom of the page they reference the agencies they gathered their data for the article from. So once again, Facts and Opinions, I am stating facts from things i have taken the initiative to research from accreditted sources and you are using the info that you thought up from your mobile palace in
V-TOWN. THROW DEM V's UP BABY!!!!!!!!!!!