Jump to content

89Falcon

Members
  • Posts

    2,089
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Posts posted by 89Falcon

  1. 1 hour ago, CDub86 said:

    I believe that too honestly and after seeing them play. Yes they beat us, not a huge accomplishment or barometer on how you are as a team.

    Their offense is one dimensional, shut down the run and you shut them down. Defense is carried by one man, when he was off the field that was a completely different unit. They do have speed but they are small.

    Just my observation…

    Defense is carried by 2 players. Keep in mind, they feel sorry for Tarkington and go out of their way to take it easy. 

  2. 26 minutes ago, keepitcas said:

    I think this game is going to be a toss up. By the comments here it seems some of y'all are trying to lay a dramatic foundation for an epic upset.  Unfortunately WO-S thirst for revenge is not valid - these are not the exact teams that played for the state championship. WO-S is pretty much the same unit returning most if not all starters. Carthage on the other hand lost A LOT and therefore have a lot of new parts and first year starters. They have some ares they are figuring out.  I don't think it will be an upset if WO-S wins this game. 

    Team that just lost to Bay City is not going to be in a “toss up” with Carthage. If WOS wins it will be a great upset. 
     

     

  3. 53 minutes ago, TigerPride2008 said:

    1 was a punt return that should've never been kicked because the white hat was trying to reset the clock. There was only 1 other one I believe that was called backed due to holding. There were also a few suspect PI calls on West Sabine that would've gotten them off the field, that lead to TD's in the 1st half.

    WS held to 100 yds rushing. Tough night for Wing T team. 

  4. 1 hour ago, Eagles12 said:

    Hard to compare any of Tarkington athletics to last year, they will be better across the board this year just by moving down and playing more manageable schedules. Not sure if that is going to be actively better or worse than the last two years, but it will look better because of 3A. 
     

    They were 4-6 both seasons in the last 3A realignment. 

    Tarkington will not be 4-6 this year. Will likely be 0-10. 

  5. 2 hours ago, CDub86 said:

    Does anyone else on the Prairie see improvement in this team? Genuinely curious, I see the difference and can see them starting to gel and figure things out, even though final scores don’t necessarily reflect that. Am I overly optimistic?

    Our OL is atrocious, that’s a huge problem obviously. The defense is much improved and seems to be getting better each game.

    Looking for intelligent thoughts…

    Take solace in the team being disciplined and projecting a positive culture. There is nothing for the coach to work with at the moment. Not sure where the relief will come from. 

  6. 1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

    Don't really complain about things I have the power to change. But if I have the opportunity to voice my opinion about a coach who I believe is ruining a team I support on a sports forum then I will do so every time. I'd be lying if I said he's doing a great job 

    You (and other local experts) said the same thing about the coach that led WV to the State Championship (which is why he left). WV does not currently have talent to win. That's a fact whether you want to believe it or not. 

×
×
  • Create New...