Upcoming Coaching Changes

• Bigdog pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 1:36 PM, navydawg31 said:

What’s the issue over there… 

Unfortunately it’s the typical small school issues. 

talent comes in waves

good coaches are just using it as a stepping stone

for some reason, a majority of the parents and kids out here think that just showing up for mandatory practices and workouts are enough to make your program successful. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah but I'd imagine that a Supt. would want to pick someone they personally have worked with before. A coach that takes this job before the Supt. is hired would probably be on a shorter leash. Not sure it matters because they can't keep a coach longterm.  Whoever is hired will be gone in 2-4 seasons. I know that tends to be the trend throughout the state but just hard to imagine a coach can establish a program without longevity.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:46 AM, Kegger said:

Yeah but I'd imagine that a Supt. would want to pick someone they personally have worked with before. A coach that takes this job before the Supt. is hired would probably be on a shorter leash. Not sure it matters because they can't keep a coach longterm.  Whoever is hired will be gone in 2-4 seasons. I know that tends to be the trend throughout the state but just hard to imagine a coach can establish a program without longevity.

It is impossible to win in places like Tarkington unless you bring in a coach that is willing to stay for the long term.

Theses places are not plug an play situations.

A coach needs to be given time to establish a program, with expectations and trust, and develop his players his way.