VA election

5GallonBucket

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Y’all are celebrating now but I give it a couple years before repubs turn on Youngkin, like they did Romney, and start calling him a RINO 

I Hope youngkin runs for president in 2024. Blows the other team (R) candidates out the water and it’s not really even close 

Romney is a RINO.  What evidence do you have that Youngkin will also be a RINO?

12 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Romney is a RINO.  What evidence do you have that Youngkin will also be a RINO?

1) How is Romney a RINO? Because he doesn’t talk like a moron and grift the rural hillbillies at every opportunity? He’s one of the most accomplished businessmen to ever run for office. 

2) I didn’t say Youngkin will be a RINO.

I said you guys will eventually turn on him and call him a RINO.

I think he’s too smart, too educated, too… normal.. to ever be fully accepted by the relatively unsophisticated trumper crowd. Which is completely fine by me. 

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Y’all are celebrating now but I give it a couple years before repubs turn on Youngkin, like they did Romney, and start calling him a RINO 

I Hope youngkin runs for president in 2024. Blows the other team (R) candidates out the water and it’s not really even close 

Youngkin doesn’t matter. He will not run in 2024 but that is not the issue here.

What should have been an easy Democrat victory was a loss.

Midterms are not usually kind to the party in power in the White House. In Obama‘s first midterm, he lost 63 seats in House. If only five seats flip in 2022, Pelosi will be sent out to pasture. Heck, we might even see Joe Biden get impeached if he is still in office by them.

Anybody that thinks this is about Youngkin Is deflecting the issue.

Biden carried Virginia by 10 percentage points. He has been in office approximately nine months and Virginia has now gone Republican in the governor, lieutenant governor and Attorney General.

Youngkin? 

18 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Youngkin doesn’t matter. He will not run in 2024 but that is not the issue here.

What should have been an easy Democrat victory was a loss.

Midterms are not usually kind to the party in power in the White House. In Obama‘s first midterm, he lost 63 seats in House. If only five seats flip in 2022, Pelosi will be sent out to pasture. Heck, we might even see Joe Biden get impeached if he is still in office by them.

Anybody that thinks this is about Youngkin Is deflecting the issue.

Biden carried Virginia by 10 percentage points. He has been in office approximately nine months and Virginia has now gone Republican in the governor, lieutenant governor and Attorney General.

Youngkin? 

I disagree - I felt like this should have been an easy Republican win from the start

Look at the general election. People didn’t vote for Biden because they think he’s great, they voted for him because he wasn’t Trump. That’s literally it. The down ballot votes generally favored republicans. 

All Youngkin had to do was (I) not tie his campaign to trump , and (II) not be an inflammatory idiot pandering to the MAGA red hat crowd and this election was in the bag. That’s the ‘blueprint’ to beat democrats, not whatever nonsense gets posted on here daily 

51 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

1) How is Romney a RINO? Because he doesn’t talk like a moron and grift the rural hillbillies at every opportunity? He’s one of the most accomplished businessmen to ever run for office. 

2) I didn’t say Youngkin will be a RINO.

I said you guys will eventually turn on him and call him a RINO.

I think he’s too smart, too educated, too… normal.. to ever be fully accepted by the relatively unsophisticated trumper crowd. Which is completely fine by me. 

Romney instituted “RomneyCare” in Massachusetts.  Which ObumerCare was patterned by.  Not what a true conservative would do!  

5 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I disagree - I felt like this should have been an easy Republican win from the start

Look at the general election. People didn’t vote for Biden because they think he’s great, they voted for him because he wasn’t Trump. That’s literally it. The down ballot votes generally favored republicans. 

All Youngkin had to do was (I) not tie his campaign to trump , and (II) not be an inflammatory idiot pandering to the MAGA red hat crowd and this election was in the bag. That’s the ‘blueprint’ to beat democrats, not whatever nonsense gets posted on here daily 

A Republican has not won a state wide office in Virginia for 12 years. Why would this be an easy Republican win?

You are correct that people that voted for Biden probably held their nose in voting because he offered nothing. It is a strange campaign when the candidate for the presidency is hitting in a closet. It seems like Biden‘s main campaign strategy was, don’t say anything.

I doubt that Trump will win the Republican nomination in 2024. Whoever the nominee is, Trump seems to have invigorated the conservatives and they are not going to vote for the Democrat and it does not matter who the Republican or the Democrat is on the ballot.

If the country continues on the same path as the first nine months of the Biden presidency, if Trump wins the nomination in 2024, he will win in a landslide in the general election.

23 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

A Republican has not won a state wide office in Virginia for 12 years. Why would this be an easy Republican win?

You are correct that people that voted for Biden probably held their nose in voting because he offered nothing. It is a strange campaign when the candidate for the presidency is hitting in a closet. It seems like Biden‘s main campaign strategy was, don’t say anything.

I doubt that Trump will win the Republican nomination in 2024. Whoever the nominee is, Trump seems to have invigorated the conservatives and they are not going to vote for the Democrat and it does not matter who the Republican or the Democrat is on the ballot.

If the country continues on the same path as the first nine months of the Biden presidency, if Trump wins the nomination in 2024, he will win in a landslide in the general election.

I personally thought it’d be an easy win for Youngkin given that most normal people are tired of both the typical liberal tax everything & make everything about race nonsense and the MAGA crowd pandering. But.. that’s my opinion. Perhaps a bit biased as I’ve met the guy and share common vested interests. 

I’d say trump invigorated more liberal voters than conservative, considering the turnout and vote spread in the general 

If trump and/or Biden run in 2024.. we really need to have a serious discussion on an upper age limits.. it’s getting ridiculous. 

43 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I personally thought it’d be an easy win for Youngkin given that most normal people are tired of both the typical liberal tax everything & make everything about race nonsense and the MAGA crowd pandering. But.. that’s my opinion. Perhaps a bit biased as I’ve met the guy and share common vested interests. 

I’d say trump invigorated more liberal voters than conservative, considering the turnout and vote spread in the general 

If trump and/or Biden run in 2024.. we really need to have a serious discussion on an upper age limits.. it’s getting ridiculous. 

The destructi of a booming American economy because of Covid shut downs invigorated people. 

6 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

biden is drawing up the blueprints to beat Dims.  Oh, if we still had the mean tweets, the country wouldn’t be in the shape it is now.  Keep finalizing those plans biden, you’re quickly becoming a master architect!

This is the hidden content, please

They just don’t get it, lol.

From the article:

"The one thing that we need to make sure of is that Republicans in 2022 don’t become is the party of parent, because we need to be the party of the parents," Cutter said Wednesday on MSNBC. "And we are. We're the ones that care about school funding. We're the ones that care about making sure parents can send their kids to school because they have jobs to go to. All of this. We need to own that agenda. We cannot let it go."