Local Tornado

bullets13

This one hit pretty hard.  It started in the marsh near Taylor's Landing, ended up doing some damage in Port Acres and Port Arthur.  It continued on and it looks like it did some serious damage in Orange, Mauriceville, and Deweyville.  I've seen some videos, and this isn't our usual EF-0 that touches down for a mile and knocks a few trees down and maybe tips a mobile home.  This thing was blowing stuff up.  Has anyone seen damage up close?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Twister went up before it got to PA thankgoodness. Alot of heavy wind though. But Orange County and southern Newton County got it pretty bad. Confirmed twister going thru that area. 

I think it's the same twister, just kinda jumped you guys and touched back down.  Either that or the same supercell produced a second twister.  I heard about a security guard in a guard shack in PA getting hurt when the storm knocked it over.  

28 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I think it's the same twister, just kinda jumped you guys and touched back down.  Either that or the same supercell produced a second twister.  I heard about a security guard in a guard shack in PA getting hurt when the storm knocked it over.  

Yeah it was the same cell. It touched back down before it crossed I-10 and 62 and headed for Deweyville. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Twister went up before it got to PA thankgoodness. Alot of heavy wind though. But Orange County and southern Newton County got it pretty bad. Confirmed twister going thru that area. 

Man, I just got a blink system at my Dad's house that we just remodeled......I about wore that camera out when I heard about the tornado....luckily all is well 

10 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Man, I just got a blink system at my Dad's house that we just remodeled......I about wore that camera out when I heard about the tornado....luckily all is well 

Crazy thing about all this: apparently we only had a 5-10% chance of a twister today. Usually I ignore it when it's that low, after this morning I will not be doing that anymore. 

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

You could tell by looking at it that it wasn’t one of our normal setx tornados that spins the clouds and blows over a few trash cans 

That was the kind of twister that normally spins up in Louisiana when storms are strong to severe here then kick up another notch after it crosses the Sabine. Just glad to not hear of any deaths, just some injuries. 🙏🏾🙌🏾