Vidor Pirates @ Huffman Hargrave

Boneyard Boys

Just now, texbuzz said:

Its not great for the visitor side similar to Splendora I think?

I’m surprised it’s that small.  If y’all go up to 5A they’ll need to enlarge the place.  Personally, I hope none of our District goes up but evidently HH is close & we all know Vidor & Ltown are.

1 hour ago, BattlinBear02 said:

This is the game of the week in my opinion. Will be at LCM tonight, but following this one closely

Dang it, I hope the Pirates win this game.  A win tonight will pretty much ensure a #1 seed.  The odd thing is, the way I figure Vidor will either be #1 seed, or lose both games and end up #4 seed.  C’mon Pirates, git’er done.

51 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Dang it, I hope the Pirates win this game.  A win tonight will pretty much ensure a #1 seed.  The odd thing is, the way I figure Vidor will either be #1 seed, or lose both games and end up #4 seed.  C’mon Pirates, git’er done.

Thought about that same scenario myself...as Captain Obvious would say, tonight's game is huge...

I usually have time to do a way too long post before these games but work has reared its ugly head.  

If Huffman comes to play, the way that they can play, the way they have played a few times this year, then the Falcons can win this game.  Falcons did not look right for both losses this year.  They certainly looked the part against Splendora but that could be fools gold. Splendora is not having a good season.

Vidor doesn't have that issue.  One of the reasons I love that offense is that it doesn't tolerate kids that aren't putting in effort.  The Pirates look prepared week in and week out.  For the games that I have seen.

DCTF is predicted Vidor by 3.  Calpreps is 28-21 for Vidor, on a neutral field.  You would think it would be 14 or more by the chatter here and on the Friday football app.  

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

I usually have time to do a way too long post before these games but work has reared its ugly head.  

If Huffman comes to play, the way that they can play, the way they have played a few times this year, then the Falcons can win this game.  Falcons did not look right for both losses this year.  They certainly looked the part against Splendora but that could be fools gold. Splendora is not having a good season.

Vidor doesn't have that issue.  One of the reasons I love that offense is that it doesn't tolerate kids that aren't putting in effort.  The Pirates look prepared week in and week out.  For the games that I have seen.

DCTF is predicted Vidor by 3.  Calpreps is 28-21 for Vidor, on a neutral field.  You would think it would be 14 or more by the chatter here and on the Friday football app.  

Depends who you’re listening too.  This Pirate fan is expecting a knockdown drag out, and I’ll be happy with another 8-7 win.  

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m surprised it’s that small.  If y’all go up to 5A they’ll need to enlarge the place.  Personally, I hope none of our District goes up but evidently HH is close & we all know Vidor & Ltown are.

According to the link posted on snap shot page, HH is at 1099, well under projected ceiling for 4A D1.  Also looks like Lumberton's number (1215)is down from 2020.  Splendora at 1235. I understand Vidor's "tentative" number is 1229. Which was the ceiling number last go around.

19 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

According to the link posted on snap shot page, HH is at 1099, well under projected ceiling for 4A D1.  Also looks like Lumberton's number (1215)is down from 2020.  Splendora at 1235. I understand Vidor's "tentative" number is 1229. Which was the ceiling number last go around.

Weird, saw someone post how Huffman was growing big.  Can’t trust anyone these days.

37 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Depends who you’re listening too.  This Pirate fan is expecting a knockdown drag out, and I’ll be happy with another 8-7 win.  

Like I told a Dayton fan back in '07 the first time Lumberton made the playoffs and shared the Tri-District title by beating the Broncos 8-7, a win by 1 point is still a win.

2 hours ago, texbuzz said:

10+ Vidor

13-7 Huffman at the half. 2 interceptions for HH. One for Vidor that was retuned 60 yards. Huffman scored to take the lead but the PAT was blocked. 

#7 for Vidor was looking great. Limped off in the 1st and is now on crutches.  That stinks. 

huffman came to play tonight.  Couple mistakes but they are blocking well. Vidor is getting yards but missed a FG and got stuffed trying to convert a 4th down.  Couple bad false start penalties.