Beaumont doctor accused of racist posts should leave county job immediately

BMTSoulja1

I’d like to see the comments.  I tend to agree with you that if the complaints are valid (safe to assume they are since he has in fact resigned) that he should just resign now.  The only exception being if they absolutely need someone in his position for things to run, and also need some time to find his replacement.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’d like to see the comments.  I tend to agree with you that if the complaints are valid (safe to assume they are since he has in fact resigned) that he should just resign now.  The only exception being if they absolutely need someone in his position for things to run, and also need some time to find his replacement.  

I have the screenshot of what he said but I’m unable to post the attachment.  

I just found the screenshots... 

My take...Sometimes people have valid points, but they get lost in the delivery BECAUSE of biases.  As someone who typically doesn't have a problem criticizing anybody regardless of the color of their skin, it SEEMS like the Dr. is speaking from a place of bias.  

I think that he hit upon some points that are valid, but whenever you start painting people with a broad brush, you're making a mistake.  That's the kind of talk that I used to hear when I was younger from older people. It's okay to criticize Audwin Samuel.... He's not a good leader in my opinion.  It's okay to criticize Mouton as well...  especially when the only real attribute that I've heard anybody express is that she's "the first black female mayor."  That's not exactly a ringing endorsement, and I don't even care because I don't know if West is any better.  But anybody that ran out and voted for "the old white guy" is equally ignorant as the person who ran out and voted for "the black woman."  

The fact of the matter is that a LOT of the black community DOES believe that they are owed something. Call it reparations, 40 acres and a mule, a living wage, "rights" like a free cell phone, healthcare, housing, food, etc.. and the Dr. isn't wrong.  But he is wrong in that a lot of people who AREN'T black have the same beliefs.  It's not surprising to see someone who emigrated here 40 years ago and went on to become a doctor being less than impressed with people who have no interest in rising above, except by means of having their entitlements expanded.  But if he can't recognize that people of all races have those same flaws, not just young black people, then the statements are indeed racist.  In my opinon, for what it's worth.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Do not ever attack racism only against blacks. Until one denounces all forms of racism against all races, the cries of racism are racist themself.

Wow is all I can say…. You really don’t understand what these current happenings are about.  And I don’t have the energy I explain…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wow is all I can say…. You really don’t understand what these current happenings are about.  And I don’t have the energy I explain…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Can't say I never warned you, been telling you for years. 

He speaks some truth, but paints with too broad of a brush. No one should vote based on skin color. No one should label a certain race as 100% one thing, because it is simply not true.  I don't know much about the lady, but everything I have heard is positive.  

and you should never vent on social media......

But the above happens all the time by all races. To me, and I only speak for me, celebrating a person because they are the first of a specific color or gender, downgrades their hard work and qualifications.  Minorities outnumber whites in Beaumont, so she had a more than fair chance to win even if you feel racist are in the mix......

Ignore ignorant folks.....they just bring everyone down

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Anyone?? 

He works for the county as a contractor... at least that's my understanding.  His post came across as racist.... and you someone that displays that much apparent bias towards certain groups probably shouldn't be contracted to care for people that he apparently doesn't like.

But that goes all ways.... mayors should profess to only give interviews to people of color, either.  

19 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The bad news is that I don't think you understand what the current happenings are about either.  The left is pandering to certain communities (LGBTQ, African Americans, etc...) in hopes of finding eternal favor.  And there are plenty of white people who feel guilty about the fact that they have never had to experience the hardships of poor people/black people.   And while it may win elections, the repercussions will be felt for generations.  You have an entire group of people who falsely believe that generations worth of bad personal decisions can be excused by blaming "white privilege" and "systemic racism."  

How badly have we failed our kids if they believe that America is a racist country that has oppressed black people since 1619... when in fact, hundreds of thousands of white men gave their own lives to free the slaves over 150 years ago? But according to the left, even those who died trying to free the slaves were at their core, racist. Plain and simple.  There is an epidemic of stupidity regarding race relations and I firmly believe that we are in a much worse spot today than we were 20 years ago, racially speaking.  The sad thing is that it's not because of what people are experiencing, it's because of the garbage that we're filling kids' heads with.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The bad news is that I don't think you understand what the current happenings are about either.  The left is pandering to certain communities (LGBTQ, African Americans, etc...) in hopes of finding eternal favor.  And there are plenty of white people who feel guilty about the fact that they have never had to experience the hardships of poor people/black people.   And while it may win elections, the repercussions will be felt for generations.  You have an entire group of people who falsely believe that generations worth of bad personal decisions can be excused by blaming "white privilege" and "systemic racism."  

How badly have we failed our kids if they believe that America is a racist country that has oppressed black people since 1619... when in fact, hundreds of thousands of white men gave their own lives to free the slaves over 150 years ago? But according to the left, even those who died trying to free the slaves were at their core, racist. Plain and simple.  There is an epidemic of stupidity regarding race relations and I firmly believe that we are in a much worse spot today than we were 20 years ago, racially speaking.  The sad thing is that it's not because of what people are experiencing, it's because of the garbage that we're filling kids' heads with.

I don’t want to hijack this thread and I really don’t have the energy.  However, we’ll bookmark this particular discussion for a future date.

IMO, Doc was wrong as they come and many feels his post was pretty racist.  

BTW, I do respect your opinion…