PhatMack19

UIL State Championship Scoreboard

Recommended Posts

1

So.. the school that invested in turf fields for both baseball and softball, upgraded their hitting facilities, and practiced on their indoor practice facility during inclement weather won state in both softball and baseball.

Who could’ve seen that coming?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Lots of 5A and 6A programs with turf fields and other amenities not wining State this year or anytime soon.  Pretty much common now.  

I’ll take “Typical SeTx responses” for $500, Alex.

Disclaimer: Never have I ever said that upgrading facilities was the SOLE necessity for success.  Nor did I say it would guarantee wins.  BH does much more than other schools in the area besides build turf fields.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

Sac fly followed by sac fly. Runner scored. Runner at 2nd called out for not tagging up. Runner from 3rd scores.

Hallsville 1

BH 2

Top 7


Below is from another site.  If that is what happened, then I believe they missed that one.  Where is Mr Ump when we need him?

 

“Interesting situation in the Hallsville-Barbers Hill championship game today.  

Tied at 1 in the bottom of the sixth, Barbers Hill has men on second and third with one out. Sacrifice fly to center plates a run, and the guy on second advances to third on the throw to the cutoff man. Hallsville throws the ball back over to second, claiming that the runner left too soon on the tag. (Note: this was not an appeal after the action was dead, this was all part of the original sequence.). Umpire calls the runner out, as apparently he did leave early.  

Inning over. The run is taken off the board, and we're still tied. Hallsville dugout celebrates and taunts the Barbers Hill team. Crowd is confused and arguing over whether the run should count.  

Umpires meet to discuss things as the teams are getting ready for the top of the 7th. They change the call and the run is put back on the board, and the score is back to 2-1. Hallsville coach is ticked, and I believe he may have been tossed. Couldn't tell because it was a very casual job by the umpire as he escorted the coach away from the third base box. Hallsville goes quietly in the top of the 7th and Barbers Hill wins the title.  

I was under the impression that since the runner on second failed to tag up properly, that out became a force situation and the timing of the lead runner crossing the plate didn't matter. I guess I was wrong.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

From what I’m reading, they got the call correct.  It’s a timing play not a force.  As long as run scored before they tagged 2nd, then the run counts.  

That is it exactly. We had a long discussion and that’s what I said. BH runner plated LONG before Hallsville threw the ball to 2nd.  The run had scored, then well after that the 3rd out was called. There was no force, 1st base was empty. The Upm team did get it right.  I am glad they talked it out.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

UIL tweet

Barbers Hill becomes the 7th school to win both a #UILState Softball & Baseball championship in the same year.

2021 - @barbers_hillhs (5A)

2019 - D'Hanis (1A)

2018 - Slocum (1A)

2016 - West (3A)

2014 - Aledo (4A)

2003 - Weimar (2A)

2002 - Shiner (1A)

Nice! And the largest school to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Nice! And the largest school to do so.

That's a bit misleading. Both Aledo and BH both won in the second largest classification. There was not a 6A class in spring 2014. Plus Aledo also won state in football ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

That's a bit misleading. Both Aledo and BH both won in the second largest classification. There was not a 6A class in spring 2014. Plus Aledo also won state in football ;)

Dang. BH fans can’t even celebrate a huge accomplishment for 24 hrs before someone comes on here trying to “one up” them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Dang. BH fans can’t even celebrate a huge accomplishment for 24 hrs before someone comes on here trying to “one up” them. 

He mentioned BH did it in the largest class. Just felt like pointing out the facts. Didn't try to one up anyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

"Plus"? Thats totally a one up. You want facts? Barbers Hill's Dual State Championships were not even 12 hrs old and you are on a SETX baseball forum talking Aledo football. With a "smirk face".

 

Winning state has you sensitive lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:


Below is from another site.  If that is what happened, then I believe they missed that one.  Where is Mr Ump when we need him?

 

“Interesting situation in the Hallsville-Barbers Hill championship game today.  

Tied at 1 in the bottom of the sixth, Barbers Hill has men on second and third with one out. Sacrifice fly to center plates a run, and the guy on second advances to third on the throw to the cutoff man. Hallsville throws the ball back over to second, claiming that the runner left too soon on the tag. (Note: this was not an appeal after the action was dead, this was all part of the original sequence.). Umpire calls the runner out, as apparently he did leave early.  

Inning over. The run is taken off the board, and we're still tied. Hallsville dugout celebrates and taunts the Barbers Hill team. Crowd is confused and arguing over whether the run should count.  

Umpires meet to discuss things as the teams are getting ready for the top of the 7th. They change the call and the run is put back on the board, and the score is back to 2-1. Hallsville coach is ticked, and I believe he may have been tossed. Couldn't tell because it was a very casual job by the umpire as he escorted the coach away from the third base box. Hallsville goes quietly in the top of the 7th and Barbers Hill wins the title.  

I was under the impression that since the runner on second failed to tag up properly, that out became a force situation and the timing of the lead runner crossing the plate didn't matter. I guess I was wrong.”

It is a timing play as stated before. It may look like a force but it is not. It is just one way you can appeal that the runner left early. In High School ball you can also verbally appeal a play with no throw made. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,647
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Warrior Proud
    Newest Member
    Warrior Proud
    Joined



×
  • Create New...