*****Official Election Day Results Thread*****

PhatMack19

57 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Texas is turning from red to purple before your very eyes.  It will be a blue state in the next 10 years.  Demographics have changed and they are not going back to an Anglo majority.  You see it in every major city in Texas, e.g., Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and El Paso.  The Hispanic population is booming in Midland-Odessa.  Will that area of Texas be the next one to turn from bright red to a shade of purple?  We will see.  If it does, then Texas will begin its change from purple to blue.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I wouldn't get ahead of myself. Hispanics in Texas vote Republican a lot more than in other states. Nationally, about a quarter of Hispanics vote Republican. In Texas, Ted Cruz had 37% of the Hispanic vote and that's historically low. Every other Republican on the statewide ballot carried more Hispanics, including Patrick and Paxton. Abbott carried 44% of Hispanics in 2014 and Perry carried 38% in 2010. George W. Bush carried 49% during his last gubernatorial bid in 1998. There's a number of social and cultural factors that I think play into it, but Hispanics here are disproportionately Republican. The Texas Republican Party has also been more successful at electing Hispanics to statewide office than its blue counterpart; George P. Bush and Ted Cruz himself are prominent examples, and we just elected the first Hispanic Republican senator to the Texas Senate in Pete Flores, who stole a border district from the Democrats.

It's worth noting that Hispanics comprised 24% of overall turnout last night, an historic high, but one I don't think will be met again for three or four cycles. It's normally hovering between 12% and 20%, and I honestly think the massive increase has everything to do with that turnout game I mentioned earlier. In an ordinary year with a lesser ground game for the Democrats, that number probably goes back down for the foreseeable future.

6 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Texas is turning from red to purple before your very eyes.  It will be a blue state in the next 10 years.  Demographics have changed and they are not going back to an Anglo majority.  You see it in every major city in Texas, e.g., Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and El Paso.  The Hispanic population is booming in Midland-Odessa.  Will that area of Texas be the next one to turn from bright red to a shade of purple?  We will see.  If it does, then Texas will begin its change from purple to blue.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Afraid you are right.  And when it happens, the Dims will have accomplished what they set out to do.  Flood the state with voters from south of the border just to secure votes.

39 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The media is happy about the first gay, first Muslim women, youngest new congressman etc.  They keep forgetting to mention the first Korean.  I wonder if it’s because she is Republican?

This is the hidden content, please

Again, Colorado does not have the first gay governor.  But I think you are onto something with the party affiliation angle. 

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Again, Colorado does not have the first gay governor.  But I think you are onto something with the party affiliation angle. 

Rick is married with kids.  Just because he wore a milk man uniform in college doesn’t mean he bats for the other team....  

16 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Yes, he lost to a trust fund baby, turned reality tv star.   Did anyone mention low information voters ITT?  

Hey, reality TV star is like a requirement for President.  You get exposure.  You have to make tough, earth shattering decisions, which prepares you for international negotiations.  You get training in make-up, for those tough public appearances.  You learn how to fire people if your appointments don’t work out.  Don’t sell that prep work short.   :) 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Hey, reality TV star is like a requirement for President.  You get exposure.  You have to make tough, earth shattering decisions, which prepares you for international negotiations.  You get training in make-up, for those tough public appearances.  You learn how to fire people if your appointments don’t work out.  Don’t sell that prep work short.   :) 

Out of likes :D 

58 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Florida “found” another box of votes.  This is way beyond ridiculous.

This is the hidden content, please

I am a big proponent of State’s rights over the federal government.  But we are getting the point with Florida (if not past it) that somebody needs to come in and “help” them with the electoral process. 

36 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I am a big proponent of State’s rights over the federal government.  But we are getting the point with Florida (if not past it) that somebody needs to come in and “help” them with the electoral process. 

How the heck is Brenda Snipes still working down there?

We're moving closer and closer to hanging chad time.

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

How the heck is Brenda Snipes still working down there?

We're moving closer and closer to hanging chad time.

I specifically thought of you with that first sentence of my post because that is one of the areas where we agree strongly.  But what do you do here?

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I specifically thought of you with that first sentence of my post because that is one of the areas where we agree strongly.  But what do you do here?

I was under the assumption that you had a deadline (I've heard 48 hours referenced about Florida) and if you can't get your votes in by then, it's over.

Seems reasonable to me.  Any other way swings the door wide open for cheating.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I was under the assumption that you had a deadline (I've heard 48 hours referenced about Florida) and if you can't get your votes in by then, it's over.

Seems reasonable to me.  Any other way swings the door wide open for cheating.

Don’t disagree but I was speaking in general terms about a state that can’t get its you know what together and continually butchers the electoral process. 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Don’t disagree but I was speaking in general terms about a state that can’t get its you know what together and continually butchers the electoral process. 

We could send some Texans down there to help them. :)

Seriously, it seems the state would crack down on these perennial problems from a few counties.