Splendora @ Lumberton / District title on line for both teams

VP93....

5 minutes ago, GamedayCat said:

I would say the other side of that!      Splendora only gave up 6 points to Huffman and y’all gave up 31.  I think their stats in the paper were that they gave up 118 rushing yards and 134 passing yards. This should be a good game!  

Hey cat do you know how many rushing yards y’all ran on LCM? I felt like y’all threw the ball on us most of those scores if I remember right.

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

I’m saying as a whole Splendora size is Close to Nederland big and physical. I think Nederland would beat Splendora. Nederland is better coached and has better athletes cross the field.  

#9 ranked 5A Nederland would hammer splendora, but I understand your point now, we have some massive boys on the front lines on both sides, but I hope L town gets the W, they deserve it after being the smaller underdog in their previous district, I’m really pulling for them in this one

10 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

#9 ranked 5A Nederland would hammer splendora, but I understand your point now, we have some massive boys on the front lines on both sides, but I hope L town gets the W, they deserve it after being the smaller underdog in their previous district, I’m really pulling for them in this one

Nederland is playing good ball now. I hope to watch a game in the playoffs very soon.  I watched them against WOS already this year. 

As the thread topic is titled, I am pretty sure this one will decide who takes the DC.  Preseason talk was the Lumberton/Huffman game was going to be the one that decided who would finish at the top of D11.  Not sure why Splendora was not considered as I had them picked as a toss up with Lumberton from the beginning. 

This one will come down to who wins on defense and who is able to make adjustments.  Lumberton will move the ball on the ground and Splendora will connect through the air. 

Lumberton leads the district in run defense but has probably given up as many passing yards as any other team.  However, they lead in interceptions and have three scores off of them.  One of which began a run of only allowing 17 points total in the last 10 quarters.  As stated in an earlier post, the return of one key defensive back has made a huge difference against the pass.

Splendora will bring a balanced attack that will certainly challenge the Raider defense but, ultimately,  they will have to rely on the pass to be successful.

Pretty sure the lights on the score board will get used next Friday night but I see Lumberton taking this one by 7 with a defensive score being the difference.

Guest ECBucFan
6 hours ago, LC-M said:

Serious question did Splendora impress you how much better they are now? Because in 14-15 season they were awful. They have had a heck of turnaround

The turnaround is due in part to the phenomenal growth on the 59 corridor north of Houston. It will continue.  

11 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

This one will come down to who wins on defense and who is able to make adjustments.  Lumberton will move the ball on the ground and Splendora will connect through the air...

Splendora will bring a balanced attack that will certainly challenge the Raider defense but, ultimately,  they will have to rely on the pass to be successful...

Pretty sure the lights on the score board will get used next Friday night but I see Lumberton taking this one by 7 with a defensive score being the difference.

The issue is that Splendora does have a balanced attack and Lumberton does not. The Raiders can run. But if their run gets shut down, then they have no passing game to turn to. Splendors, on the other hand, can do both. Lumberton will have to pull out the stops if they want to beat Splendora. Splendora by 9 and take home the DC. 

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

The issue is that Splendora does have a balanced attack and Lumberton does not. The Raiders can run. But if their run gets shut down, then they have no passing game to turn to. Splendors, on the other hand, can do both. Lumberton will have to pull out the stops if they want to beat Splendora. Splendora by 9 and take home the DC. 

Lets not forget,  Splendoras  only loss was to Shepherd, a all running team  

Shepherd had 342 yards rushing 15 yards passing and won by 14.  

Lumberton should be able to run on them. .. I hope!! 

Gonna be a good one. Our linebacker that has been on protocol will be back this week and our big running back got a few carries last Friday in BC. Looks like he is back to full health. Should be able to keep fresh legs in the back field.  Raiders will be ready and will leave it all on the field Friday.  

8 minutes ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Gonna be a good one. Our linebacker that has been on protocol will be back this week and our big running back got a few carries last Friday in BC. Looks like he is back to full health. Should be able to keep fresh legs in the back field.  Raiders will be ready and will leave it all on the field Friday.  

Yes, Conway will add a lot to the run game if he can stay healthy.

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I figured. It was an attempt to be comical. If you’ve ever been to a Lumberton game, everyone in the stands has puke blue on (except for the band - they wear black for some reason).

I figured you knew. Blue and silver are thier school colors. I don’t know where the red or black came from

6 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I hope Lumberton gets the hell beat out of them. They are nothing but a bunch of wanna beeeeeees. Rednecks that think they are high class. If they don't win than they may need to drop down another class an then they may have a shot. 

Boy tell us how you really feel. If they dropped down to 4a 2 The highest they would get would be 3rd place in district

13 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I hope Lumberton gets the hell beat out of them. They are nothing but a bunch of wanna beeeeeees. Rednecks that think they are high class. If they don't win than they may need to drop down another class an then they may have a shot. 

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this poor slob did some time in Lumberton’s local jail.