Splendora @ Lumberton / District title on line for both teams

VP93....

Guest ECBucFan
55 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I hope Lumberton gets the hell beat out of them. They are nothing but a bunch of wanna beeeeeees. Rednecks that think they are high class. If they don't win than they may need to drop down another class an then they may have a shot. 

Pathetic. No class. 

6 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Pathetic. No class. 

Honestly, I just think the poor guy is just an outsider. PABorn...Pennsylvania Born. He’s obviously some snobby northerner who doesn’t like southerners. Probably some rich white guy who looks down on our kind. Perhaps we should show some southern hospitality and be nice... I’m sure he would appreciate that.

49 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Honestly, I just think the poor guy is just an outsider. PABorn...Pennsylvania Born. He’s obviously some snobby northerner who doesn’t like southerners. Probably some rich white guy who looks down on our kind. Perhaps we should show some southern hospitality and be nice... I’m sure he would appreciate that.

I think the PA stands for Port Arthur, I could be wrong though.

That was really unnecessary.  There are some of those kind of those people that you describe there.  Just some, not most.  I'm pretty sure that NON of those kids are like that.  Ran across several of those kids over the years.  They are respectful kids.  So for the most part, his comments are way outta line.

You are right and he got what he was looking for.  We should just keep talking about the game and ignore what is not football as you would probably much rather do as well.   So here is a question for Soulja and anyone else that would like to give their prediction:

Assuming Splendora cannot run the ball any better than our last 3 district opponents (Less than 100 yards) and we run to our average (About 400 yards).......

Can Lumberton win with 1 pick per 100 yards given up through the air ( I think we have 15 on the season with 3 returned for TD)?

32 minutes ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

You are right and he got what he was looking for.  We should just keep talking about the game and ignore what is not football as you would probably much rather do as well.   So here is a question for Soulja and anyone else that would like to give their prediction:

Assuming Splendora cannot run the ball any better than our last 3 district opponents (Less than 100 yards) and we run to our average (About 400 yards).......

Can Lumberton win with 1 pick per 100 yards given up through the air ( I think we have 15 on the season with 3 returned for TD)?

How are yall averaging 400 yards a game rushing but your overall total offensive yardage in 300 a game?  I do not believe the Raiders will be able to run all over Splendora.  I also believe that Splendoras QB has not thrown an INT all season but has thrown for 22 TD's.  

36 minutes ago, WingitT said:

Splendora is also leading the district in rushing yards at 2300 this season and Lumberton has 2000 so far.

I haven’t really looked into stats much this year, where are you finding those at?

Also, we have all but shut down our offense in the second half the last two games. Against Livingston we scored 34 points in the first half then only 14 pints in the second. And against Bridge City we were up 34-0 at half and the final score was 34-0. I imagine if we would have kept our foot on the throttle in both of those games then we would be leading the district in rushing easily.

Another thing to keep in mind, this is all without our starting rb who should be back fully healthy this week!

With all that said, this should be a quick ground and pound game from both sides!

Guest ECBucFan
6 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

The most relevent stat is that Splendora thumped Huffman 20-6, while Lumberton was behind and somehow rallied and won in OT. Splendora is the favorite. LR has the home feild, though. LR will have to play their best.  

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I figured. It was an attempt to be comical. If you’ve ever been to a Lumberton game, everyone in the stands has puke blue on (except for the band - they wear black for some reason).

Actually, if you take a closer look at the Lumberton Band uniforms they are actually Royal Blue with a part of them being Columbian Blue and rather than quote two different people, Lumnbertons' school colors are Red, White, Columbian Blue and Silver, we have four colors.

16 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

The most relevent stat is that Splendora thumped Huffman 20-6, while Lumberton was behind and somehow rallied and won in OT. Splendora is the favorite. LR has the home feild, though. LR will have to play their best.  

Two ways to looks at that. That game was a one score game until four minutes left. So yeah their defense played better against Huffman than ours did, but we scored almost double the points.

So basically if you wanna use common opponents the only opinion you can draw from that game is Splendora defense is better and Lumberton offense is better.

1 hour ago, WingitT said:

Splendora is also leading the district in rushing yards at 2300 this season and Lumberton has 2000 so far.

My bad on if I was not clear on the stats.   I was only considering the district games.  Pretty sure we are right at 400 for those.  Not sure on the Splendora QB and interceptions thus far.  I have watched some film on them and have not seen one.  He is pretty dang good.  However, since the first quarter of the Huffman game, Lumberton has played lights out on both sides of the ball.  This is gonna be a good one and the team that comes out on top will have played their best game of the year.  Will take 100% effort and a break or two to get the W.

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:
42 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Actually, if you take a closer look at the Lumberton Band uniforms they are actually Royal Blue with a part of them being Columbian Blue and rather than quote two different people, Lumnbertons' school colors are Red, White, Columbian Blue and Silver, we have four colors.

Well my wife graduated from there and those were the colors when she left. They must have added them later down the line

16 hours ago, PABorn said:

I hope Lumberton gets the hell beat out of them. They are nothing but a bunch of wanna beeeeeees. Rednecks that think they are high class. If they don't win than they may need to drop down another class an then they may have a shot. 

I remember the first time I logged into a discussion forum.