Crosby V. PNG

Cougtalk

If you think we’re obnoxious now watch out for when we beat the Tribe at home next week! 

Predictions: Vidor fan tears.

game prediction: two great QB’s battle it out after battling injuries in previous weeks. Cougars win this one late in the 4th.

49-42.  Another barn burner and classic when these two lock horns. 

Drop those predictions, like your friends prediction, explain why the owl god molok is on your side. 

I don’t care it’s time to get one of the three biggest games in this district goin.

4 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I think when Crosby comes out to do pre-game warm-ups, they should go ahead and put 20 points on PNG's side of the scoreboard.  Maybe the players will be awake for the start of the game. 

I mean with the operators on our clock tonight they’d probably accidentally put them on our side . 

PNG can't count on the same explosive offense as last year. Crosby has shown that it can score quickly, and seems to be the more developed of the two teams when it comes to offensive chemistry and execution. On the other hand, Crosby has shown some vulnerability. Crosby is beatable, and I don't mean that in the "Anyone can technically beat anyone" way. This Crosby team could have lost a week ago, and it looked for a minute like Dayton might make it close too. PNG can win. But... 

While I will certainly be rooting for PNG, and I think we have what it takes to pull off a victory (despite our offensive struggles, we still have one of the best weapons in the state), I have to predict a Crosby win. This is going to be a good, tough game. And who knows, maybe it will be a key game for PNG in establishing its identity? PNG has shown flashes of being a complete team, and if we can put the pieces together, we will be dangerous. In any case, with what we know about the two teams, I do not think PNG can survive a shootout with Crosby, especially with how quickly Crosby has scored in the second half this season. Hope the Indians prove me wrong. 

After seeing both teams , I believe Crosby is a way better team than png. I know , I know some disagree but ......... Vidor played lights out against Crosby and hung , although Crosbys starting qb was out and that made a big difference. Vidor came out very flat against png and shot theirselves in the foot to start out the game  with  png who had their starting qb which is a highly recruited qb and still hung. Vidors offense can only be stopped by Vidor. Both Crosby and Vidor are better "TEAMS" (notice the emphasis on the word team ?)  than png. All png has is Shug and thats it and nothing else. He carries their weight on his shoulders and I give him props for doing so. I know some will disagree as they read this through homer glasses but Im giving a honest anylysis of what I saw.

Crosby by 17.

8 hours ago, indianforever said:

PNG 35

crosby 28

who knows what happens just hoping for a good injury free game for both teams 

PNG’s defense isn’t very good and Crosby just put up 56 points with the backup qb, and that’s getting off the gas with nearly ten minutes left in the 4th quarter. It’s odd people keep predicting the way they’ll beat Crosby is to hold them below 30 while they win by a field goal or TD? 

If the Cougs spot PNG 14-20 points in the 1st half,PNG will hand Crosby their 1st loss.All the bragging that they play defense this year.With returning 8 on defense and getting the coach's son from Humble,the defense gives up 41points ( ok ! If if you want to say 27 ) to a 0-5 team,we play defense this year just doesn't jive.My grandson played on the 09' team that beat Dayton 28-0,that team played SOME defense.That team played with an inside linebacker with a maniscus tear the whole year.He was a terror.Been following Crosby since then.One Dayton poster commented,it will catch up with the Cougs,this might be the week.You can't make adjustments at halftime and beat keep beating GOOD teams.I'll always hope for a victory, so Crosby 48-45.56-54,62-60 or even 7-6 will do. 

I’d love to see what a professional analyst would put for the over/under on this game.  I’d guess about 115.  

As for as the game, there are several unusual variables.  Will Crosby start playing before halftime?  Will Roschon be healthy the whole game?  As Bootleg posted earlier, Roschon is the motor that makes PNG go.  Without him, I doubt they make the playoffs, and from what I read of the game, they’d have lost to Vidor for sure.  Crosby gave up 41 points to 0-6 Dayton.  They play D like that against Shug & PNG, the Indians might score a hundred.  I think Crosby wins a very high scoring affair.  The consolation for PNG, I’m not the greatest picker.  As always, I hope both play their best, and no injuries.

9 hours ago, Bootleg said:

After seeing both teams , I believe Crosby is a way better team than png. I know , I know some disagree but ......... Vidor played lights out against Crosby and hung , although Crosbys starting qb was out and that made a big difference. Vidor came out very flat against png and shot theirselves in the foot to start out the game  with  png who had their starting qb which is a highly recruited qb and still hung. Vidors offense can only be stopped by Vidor. Both Crosby and Vidor are better "TEAMS" (notice the emphasis on the word team ?)  than png. All png has is Shug and thats it and nothing else. He carries their weight on his shoulders and I give him props for doing so. I know some will disagree as they read this through homer glasses but Im giving a honest anylysis of what I saw.

Crosby by 17.

^this. I have to say I agree with this.

2 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

If the Cougs spot PNG 14-20 points in the 1st half,PNG will hand Crosby their 1st loss.All the bragging that they play defense this year.With returning 8 on defense and getting the coach's son from Humble,the defense gives up 41points ( ok ! If if you want to say 27 ) to a 0-5 team,we play defense this year just doesn't jive.My grandson played on the 09' team that beat Dayton 28-0,that team played SOME defense.That team played with an inside linebacker with a maniscus tear the whole year.He was a terror.Been following Crosby since then.One Dayton poster commented,it will catch up with the Cougs,this might be the week.You can't make adjustments at halftime and beat keep beating GOOD teams.I'll always hope for a victory, so Crosby 48-45.56-54,62-60 or even 7-6 will do. 

I don’t see the difference in spotting PNG 14-20 or spotting Manvel 21? If there’s anybody in the district not to get down to it’s Vidor with their ability to shorten games. That ‘09 defense didn’t have near the talent this one does and on the offensive side if we scored 28 back then it was a solid night. Crosby was a “run it first with Merk” team back then and the defense didn’t play near the snaps they have to with Crosby’s current offense.

The defense doesn’t have to be lights out, they just have to be good enough to turn Manvel over four times and gets us back in it. They have to be good enough to shut down WOS while we make a 28-0 run. Just play well enough against the slot-T that we can overcome losing an FBS level qb and giving up a defensive TD. They gave up 13 quick points last night and then held Dayton to only 14 more while the offense put up 56 to seal the deal before Dayton scored two garbage tds with some subs in there. Defense just needs to stop waiting until the second quarter to start playing.

It will be a long night for my PN-G Indians.  No Preston Riggs in 2018 to create separation at the WR spot.  The Indians miss his speed and hands.  PN-G will not be able to go score for score with Crosby.  Not this year.  Crosby will get the ball in open space. The PN-G defense struggles with skill players in open space.  The defense can't cover patients from My 600 lbs. Life, much less the speed that Crosby will put on the perimeter.  Hoping for some Crosby miscues and a few bounces to go in favor of PN-G.  Momentum is a funny thing.  I hope big Mo wears purple and white next Friday.  Crosby is better than Huntsville and Tomball by a noticeable margin.  Worried about a 49 - 14 blow-out.  Indians...play hard, fast, smart, and have fun.  Do that and see where the score ends up.

Go Indians.  Peace.

2 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

It will be a long night for my PN-G Indians.  No Preston Riggs in 2018 to create separation at the WR spot.  The Indians miss his speed and hands.  PN-G will not be able to go score for score with Crosby.  Not this year.  Crosby will get the ball in open space. The PN-G defense struggles with skill players in open space.  The defense can't cover patients from My 600 lbs. Life, much less the speed that Crosby will put on the perimeter.  Hoping for some Crosby miscues and a few bounces to go in favor of PN-G.  Momentum is a funny thing.  I hope big Mo wears purple and white next Friday.  Crosby is better than Huntsville and Tomball by a noticeable margin.  Worried about a 49 - 14 blow-out.  Indians...play hard, fast, smart, and have fun.  Do that and see where the score ends up.

Go Indians.  Peace.

You are wrong Huntsville is a lot better than Crosby....mark that down