Dims shutting down government over illegals?

PhatMack19

15 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Are they really going to choose DACA over funding our govt?

Hail yes they are.  Insanity runs rampant.  Shut down the Fed Govt - our Fed Govt - over illegals, most of whom have had years to apply for citizenship.  Insanity runs rampant in DC.

20 minutes ago, Big girl said:

This is an interesting comment

Congratulations Trump! You played yourself!!! #trumpshutdown. Can’t blame the democrats for this when Graham, Lee, Rand Paul, Flake and McConnell voted against it. Can’t even get all your party to vote YES

This is not BG. Grow a pair dude.

11 minutes ago, Big girl said:

This is the hidden content, please

In 2013, the last time the government was shut down, Trump said that when this happens, the President at the time is responsible. I wonder if he still feels this way.

The dims tied Obamacare to the 2013 budget so it was absolutely Obama’s fault.  

GOP has 51 seats and need 60 votes.  You aren’t very good at math 

49 minutes ago, Big girl said:

"A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak."

~Donald Trump, 2013.

.... And you consider Obama a strong leader? Guess he was weak too. In fact, he was a wimp. He wouldn't make a pimple on Trump's arse. Where were you and your stupid comments when the government shut down with Obama? That's what I thought.

Here's the truth.  The whole truth.  First, most don't know, but as Phat Mack pointed out, it takes 60 votes for budget approval.  And 90% of the Democrats voted to shutdown the Govt..  This means our men and women in the military, and in Law Enforcement, aren't being paid.  There are 324 million people in the US, and we're all going to be put in danger because the democrats think 700,000 illegal aliens are more important.  Putting their priority (agenda) above their constituents.  Imo, that's not only reprehensible, but nearing treason.

15 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Here's the truth.  The whole truth.  First, most don't know, but as Phat Mack pointed out, it takes 60 votes for budget approval.  And 90% of the Democrats voted to shutdown the Govt..  This means our men and women in the military, and in Law Enforcement, aren't being paid.  There are 324 million people in the US, and we're all going to be put in danger because the democrats think 700,000 illegal aliens are more important.  Putting their priority (agenda) above their constituents.  Imo, that's not only reprehensible, but nearing treason.

Good post Reb. 

Let the welfare crowd miss a few checks and let's see how many vote democrat next time.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Good post Reb. 

Let the welfare crowd miss a few checks and let's see how many vote democrat next time.

Well as a matter of FACT the Gov has shut down 18 times since the Congressional Control Act in 1976. Last time was Obama over health care    That’s 18 out of 42 years  not real frickin unusual.

1 hour ago, Whoa said:

Well as a matter of FACT the Gov has shut down 18 times since the Congressional Control Act in 1976. Last time was Obama over health care    That’s 18 out of 42 years  not real frickin unusual.

I wonder what the reasons were for the other times? Political blackmail is all it is. Talk is that this one may last awhile.

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

This is an interesting comment

Congratulations Trump! You played yourself!!! #trumpshutdown. Can’t blame the democrats for this when Graham, Lee, Rand Paul, Flake and McConnell voted against it. Can’t even get all your party to vote YES

I guess that means that Republicans are capable of independent thinking and are not a "monolith"

I guess you're all aware of the FICA Memo which will probably be released.  There's a possibility that this Schumer Shutdown is a distraction for what's going to be released.  Another typical Dem ploy stir the poop so you can't see the t*rds.

Donald Trump of yore certainly would have blamed the president. This is what he said in 2011, when a shutdown threatened: "I hear the Democrats are going to be blamed and the Republicans are going to be blamed. I actually think the president would be blamed," he told NBC News. He went on to say, "If there is a shutdown I think it would be a tremendously negative mark on the president of the United States. He's the one that has to get people together."

Donald J. Trump

8 hours ago, baddog said:

.... And you consider Obama a strong leader? Guess he was weak too. In fact, he was a wimp. He wouldn't make a pimple on Trump's arse. Where were you and your stupid comments when the government shut down with Obama? That's what I thought.

Trump certainly  had an opinion the last time the government was shut down under Obama's s tenure. Does he feel the same way.