Game Attendance Numbers

RoschonsBigBro

What I am about to post may ruffle some feathers so I want to give appreciation to the parents, kin, friends, and fans who DO go out and support their team's kids. However what I saw at Ozen last night was pathetic. They might have had 40 people in the stands. That teams gets no support and its sad. I have seen other poor turnouts when we play others in 22-5a as well and its not an excuse. How people don't make prioritize supporting their kids is beyond me. Lumberton and Vidor always have great support in the stands and sometimes they know in the off season that they wont make the playoffs. We got to do better for our kids.

Yes, a losing record will drive some fans away, but I agree with Big Bro, where are the parents? I mean the band, drill team, etc. they are all out there performing. When my daughter was an Indianette I went to every game with family. Even Livingston, ugh. Parents may not think the child cares if they're there, but they do. For the parents that were there for Ozen, kuddos. It means more than you know for these kids...NHSBulldogFan, 2013 for PNG was that year. I think we won one game, very spotty in the stands after half time....

Much of this has to do with post Harvey.  Central's support wasn't bad before that but I must it's bad now.  

I've also notice that PN-G's wasn't that great when I seen them Vs. Central, but it could've been because it was a Thursday night game.  I admit that I don't go to EVERY Central game 2 years and counting because I have to split allegiances between Ozen, Silsbee, AND Central, but I'm at a game every week, and if allowed, 2 or 3 a week, supporting the kids.

Ozen's situation it a little different.  Over the years, Ozen had a decent turnout.  When they started losing, consistently, the fan base disappeared.  Ozen football is not even the talk of local barber shops or anything.  With the exception of a few Ozen fans I know personality, the others don't show up at all or even talk them up on social media.  Heck, even the ones on here don't even show up.  Y'all know who they are.  

I wasnt going to bring this up, but since you did. Last night the PN-G fans sitting near me starting cheering for the Ozen players when they made a good play. I looked at them with a funny look and they said that those kids deserve to be recognized too. Towards the end of the game there was a pretty good cheering section for Ozen when they would make a play.

5 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I wasnt going to bring this up, but since you did. Last night the PN-G fans sitting near me starting cheering for the Ozen players when they made a good play. I looked at them with a funny look and they said that those kids deserve to be recognized too. Towards the end of the game there was a pretty good cheering section for Ozen when they would make a play.

Yes, those are parents of the players that run track and play basketball.  I know them personally.  They wear jerseys and blue and gold every week.  they are booster members and are involved besides Friday night's.  It's like a groups of like 10 of them.  Hats off to them.  But the Ozen faithful I'm looking for is the ones from the Coach Brooks years...

I don't know what the situation is of folks, so I can't criticize.  We are who are on here are very lucky, our current position allows us to devote our Friday night to those boys.  We don't know if it the same for them.  They may not have a reasonable way to get to Port Neches...it doesn't seem like very much of a drive but when you don't have reliable transportation, it seems like here to El Paso.  Also, I am sure that some folks who would love to be there to support the kids but can't make it to the stadium due to a job that they are working in order to put food on the table for those very same kids.

Now, I am sure that on some level, the lack of attendance is due to apathy and it may be on a much higher level than I think.  But I just don't know that I can point to it as the cause or question whether a person is putting their child as a priority, when what they may be doing instead of attending the game is doing exactly that.

I  agree. I have attended PNG football games for 52 years. I have seen horrible teams, and great teams. I was in bed sick for the Ozen game last night. That is the 5th football game I have missed in all those 52 years.  Support is critical for the success of any program. That being said, lets get some of these football fans out for PNG basketball as well.   Be an Indian fan.  Not just an Indian football fan.

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

PNG fans have all of my respect. They show awesome support for their own players and their competition as well. They are a class act.

I support Ozen and was at the game last night although,I don't have no one out there. Can't explain why others don't attend other than lack of support and interest based on wins and losses. I do know,unless changes occur with coaching philosophy and or positive motivation, attendance won't change. 

42 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't know what the situation is of folks, so I can't criticize.  We are who are on here are very lucky, our current position allows us to devote our Friday night to those boys.  We don't know if it the same for them.  They may not have a reasonable way to get to Port Neches...it doesn't seem like very much of a drive but when you don't have reliable transportation, it seems like here to El Paso.  Also, I am sure that some folks who would love to be there to support the kids but can't make it to the stadium due to a job that they are working in order to put food on the table for those very same kids.

Now, I am sure that on some level, the lack of attendance is due to apathy and it may be on a much higher level than I think.  But I just don't know that I can point to it as the cause or question whether a person is putting their child as a priority, when what they may be doing instead of attending the game is doing exactly that.

Valid points....