Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

33 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

If it was pick'ems, I would pick Jasper. Crosby better get ready for a fight or else it will get nasty. Jasper always has a tough team.

If the two lower level games are any indication then Jasper will hold their own, but Thursday rarely tells us much about Friday as a lot of the better underclassmen will be on varisty--especially for the school 1/2 the size of the other,

28 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Apparently this D1 training does not start till varsity in Crosby?

You should ask Dayton, Barbers Hill and New Caney what those jv games mean? They're 0 indication of what happens the following night. Like CCRed said, the qb that should be on jv is backing up Howard on varsity. Kind of like how our jv record would've been a lot better last year had Howard not been on varsity picking apart Barbers Hill. Varsity has won 51 games the past 5 years while I would be surprised if the jv won more than 25 games. We go through these same comments and explanations every year in reference to Crosby's jv.

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You should ask Dayton, Barbers Hill and New Caney what those jv games mean? They're 0 indication of what happens the following night. Like CCRed said, the qb that should be on jv is backing up Howard on varsity. Kind of like how our jv record would've been a lot better last year had Howard not been on varsity picking apart Barbers Hill. Varsity has won 51 games the past 5 years while I would be surprised if the jv won more than 25 games. We go through these same comments and explanations every year in reference to Crosby's jv.

You don't think other teams,including Jasper, has players up on varsity that would have helped their JV teams?

That's not just a Crosby excuse.

54 minutes ago, fishcat said:

Final Jasper 40 Crosby 14

Wow !!! Thanks fishcat.. 

i didn't see this coming especially after we helping our Louisiana neighbors with pulling half the freshman and JV players out in order to give merryville a game tonight...  I figured a school that was twice our size would show up more in the underclass games.. guess them dogs are in good shape!! Ready for Friday night lights 

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You don't think other teams,including Jasper, has players up on varsity that would have helped their JV teams?

That's not just a Crosby excuse.

The way we throw the ball in our offense it makes a drastic difference when there's a drop off in that ability with the next man up. The sophomore qb that's on varsity has been a stud since 7th grade and I'm not sure how many games they've ever lost with him playing which is why he's up. I imagine he would start for half the teams in the district right now. That's a huge deal not having a player like him at that level of competition, as well as his top receiving target who's also on varsity and will be very good when it's his time.

6 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

Wow !!! Thanks fishcat.. 

i didn't see this coming especially after we helping our Louisiana neighbors with pulling half the freshman and JV players out in order to give merryville a game tonight...  I figured a school that was twice our size would show up more in the underclass games.. guess them dogs are in good shape!! Ready for Friday night lights 

It's not going to show up as much on the underclassmen because you're only playing one grade of kids usually. If you have a couple of studs or a good class you can make up a lot. When you use nearly 1,700 kids to make a 45 man roster against a school using 700 to make a 45 man roster for varsity teams is where you notice the difference.

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The way we throw the ball in our offense it makes a drastic difference when there's a drop off in that ability with the next man up. The sophomore qb that's on varsity has been a stud since 7th grade and I'm not sure how many games they've ever lost with him playing which is why he's up. I imagine he would start for half the teams in the district right now. That's a huge deal not having a player like him at that level of competition, as well as his top receiving target who's also on varsity and will be very good when it's his time.

My point: With the numbers that Crosby has in their "great" program and with the type athletes they have (several DI prospects), their under levels should handle smaller classification schools like Jasper basically on shear numbers alone.

They certainly shouldn't lose at home to a smaller JV team, 40-14.

But I will say this, I do not ever relate Thursday night results to Friday night results.

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's not going to show up as much on the underclassmen because you're only playing one grade of kids usually. If you have a couple of studs or a good class you can make up a lot. When you use nearly 1,700 kids to make a 45 man roster against a school using 700 to make a 45 man roster for varsity teams is where you notice the difference.

What about 600 to make a 27 man roster

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree to a certain extent but in jasper our freshman team is all freshman our JV is all soph varsity is all the Jr and Sr... except we have about 6 soph pulled up on varsity including one of our starting RB's... when you pull that many soph away from a small school team that really hurts cause a lot of kids have to go both ways...honestly I'm shocked at the JV outcome... it appears both offense's moved the ball which is a good sign for tomorrow night I think

6 minutes ago, One4All said:

You worried because really as a fan you don't want to play this game, just ask Crosby has declined to play another Southeast Texas team, in recent past

So wait, Manvel was trying to play us again but instead we scheduled Jasper and you think Jasper is the game we really didn't want to play? Probably off on that one. Every time we play a team from SETX, no matter who it is, the sentiment is the same from said team's fan base. Yet we haven't lost to one of them since 2012.   

11 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

I agree to a certain extent but in jasper our freshman team is all freshman our JV is all soph varsity is all the Jr and Sr... except we have about 6 soph pulled up on varsity including one of our starting RB's... when you pull that many soph away from a small school team that really hurts cause a lot of kids have to go both ways...honestly I'm shocked at the JV outcome... it appears both offense's moved the ball which is a good sign for tomorrow night I think

I agree it hurts the smaller school more to move youngsters up. My point is when you take the caliber of sophomore talent off those squads Crosby does it hurts just as much or more. At those lower levels we don't adjust to our talent just to try to win games so if something isn't working we may not necessarily get out of it, instead choosing to run it again and work on it so they have it down by Fridays.   

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

NO WAY???

This had to be Crosby JV C team. (at least that's the excuse I am expecting to hear from 14.2)

Really? I guess I'm new to fans being hype over a JV win! Never seen a JV victory put a W in the win column for a varsity squad but to each their own. #CCTakeOver

3 hours ago, fishcat said:

Final Crosby 29 Jasper 28 good gam

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My point: With the numbers that Crosby has in their "great" program and with the type athletes they have (several DI prospects), their under levels should handle smaller classification schools like Jasper basically on shear numbers alone.

They certainly shouldn't lose at home to a smaller JV team, 40-14.

But I will say this, I do not ever relate Thursday night results to Friday night results.

Yeah, I see what you're saying but when you actually watch the games at those levels you'll see we just have a hard time running the offense when kids like the Twins, Cotton, Netherly, Howard, etc. never play a jv snap or in Williams case never even take a freshman snap. I agree we shouldn't lose 40-14 in any case but that's usually what we look like on jv.    

36 minutes ago, One4All said:

You worried because really as a fan you don't want to play this game, just ask Crosby has declined to play another Southeast Texas team, in recent past

By the way, I don't care if we play Caney Creek or the Sisters of the Poor. Deep down I worry about every game until it's out of hand or the whistle blows. I'm just not as worried about this one as I will be the one next week.

Smh, more people buying into the hype I guess?

#8 ranked dual-threat in the class with only making one varsity start so far. 

*On another note, how sick must Humble be right now to have lost the #3 dual-threat in his class and the stud receiver about to probably commit to OU that's at KP right now? Different ball game with those two in Turner.