West Orange-Stark 47 Robinson 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Just heard WOS will play next Friday 6pm at Texan Drive in New Caney against either Bellville or Salado no matter who wins that game tomorrow.

I hope that is is true but a later time, I do not get off work until 5:15. I work in Houston. Would love another 7:30 kick off.

I have seen some large teams in my time BUT tonight took the cake  the kids at wo-s was all over the field tonight SOME BIG TIME HITS if you were watching close   the rockets kids were raising there hands to be taken out. I was so excited to know I was going to be seeing a QB who has pass for over 4000  and 50 td would you like to take a guss  what will take place at practice monday

9 hours ago, tennisbc said:

WOS would be the complete team if we only had a better kicking game. Sorry but we have had all year to try to be consistent but still not there. Would be worth it to just go for 2 points.

Man I'm tired of you posting the same crap. I think it's obvious that the xtra point kicking game isn't where we want it. However, we have two boys that are working every single day to do the best they can. We don't have a kicking coach that works with them on a regular basis. They basically try to figure it on their own. So if they develop bad habits then unfortunately that's what they practice. Trust me, they know about their short comings. If it makes you feel better about yourself to point out the obvious all the time, then please continue. I know how much work and extra practice goes into trying to get better but I'm not a kicking coach so I'm not much help. If you are please let me know. We would welcome your expertise. 

Tony Dallas

34 minutes ago, td said:

Man I'm tired of you posting the same crap. I think it's obvious that the xtra point kicking game isn't where we want it. However, we have two boys that are working every single day to do the best they can. We don't have a kicking coach that works with them on a regular basis. They basically try to figure it on their own. So if they develop bad habits then unfortunately that's what they practice. Trust me, they know about their short comings. If it makes you feel better about yourself to point out the obvious all the time, then please continue. I know how much work and extra practice goes into trying to get better but I'm not a kicking coach so I'm not much help. If you are please let me know. We would welcome your expertise. 

Tony Dallas

I know both kids have probably been working their tails off.  It is not uncommon for teams to struggle with PATs when they don't have an experienced kicker.  Not many small schools have a coach that is a kicking coach.  It is frustrating. 

However, a lot of the metrics guys think, especially at the high school level, that going for 2 has a higher "ROI" than kicking it anyway, especially with a shaky kicking game.  Having said that, I know Coach T probably isn't a metrics guy :D and I would take him over just about anyone

1 hour ago, Mustangs93 said:

WOSgrad....any stats from the game?

Here is the Leader article:

This is the hidden content, please

Not full stats but a few important ones.

Robinson had 339 total yards (a season low for Robinson who came into the game averaging 586 yards/game).  264 through the air, 75 on the ground.  Chase Allison was 27-46 for 264, Braxton Ashcraft had 9 catches for 102 yards.

WO-S had 459, 131 through the air, 284 on the ground on 31 carries. JD was 5-10 for 131, 2 TDs.  Jeremiah Shaw gained 104 yards on 13 carries and a TD.  Keion Hancock had 93 yards on 4 carries, a TD run and TD catch.  KJ Miller had a TD run and TD catch. Rufus Joseph had a TD catch.  Mandel Turner-King had a TD run. Kavyn Cooper had a TD run.

1 hour ago, td said:

Tony Dallas

I've talked to CD, I'll be there a few times this week. My schedule has been hectic at best with the new company, that's why I haven't been able to get out there.

12 minutes ago, kicker said:

I've talked to CD, I'll be there a few times this week. My schedule has been hectic at best with the new company, that's why I haven't been able to get out there.

Trust me I'm not complaining at all. Any and everything we can get from you is gravy and we appreciate the time you take away from family and give to the Mustangs. I'm just finally fed up with this one guy beating a dead horse when I know how bad they want to be successful. Everything you think in your head doesn't have to be put on here. And if the truth be told, my daddy feelings are probably showing. Lol

4 minutes ago, td said:

Trust me I'm not complaining at all. Any and everything we can get from you is gravy and we appreciate the time you take away from family and give to the Mustangs. I'm just finally fed up with this one guy beating a dead horse when I know how bad they want to be successful. Everything you think in your head doesn't have to be put on here. And if the truth be told, my daddy feelings are probably showing. Lol

+1000

38 minutes ago, td said:

Both those kids are beyond great. It's just a mechanics issue. Can be fixed!!!! Going to get on Hudl in a bit and see what went wrong.