*Beaumont Central vs. Georgetown Updates/GTown wins 41-37

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good season Jags. Not quite what everyone expected, but good job anyway. I hope all Jags fans who want the Coach fired realize that sometimes your team doesn't match up well with others & all this talk about a State title was premature. It's not easy to win a title, but your Jags certainly have the talent. Unfortunately, talent alone doesn't get it done. Look at Yates last year, full of talent, but didn't win it all. You guys have a lot of promise over there and it wouldn't surprise me if you won a Title in the next 2 years, but it won't be as easy as many on these forums think. It all starts in the off season. How bad do the Jags want it. You can play all the AAU ball you want, but if you're not getting in the individual work, you are kidding yourselves. Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck, God Bless

[quote name="homeless" post="1378336" timestamp="1361589927"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=109680.msg1378289#msg1378289 date=1361587956]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=109680.msg1378280#msg1378280 date=1361587621]
They lost 41-37.. And yep they blaming the coach. They couldn't get past the traps, it caused problems for the jags
[/quote]Just like last year.
[/quote] Central did not lose to a trapping defense in last year's playoffs
[/quote] Pay not attention to him.  He's a lost and confused Individual. 

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1378347" timestamp="1361590489"]
Good season Jags. Not quite what everyone expected, but good job anyway. I hope all Jags fans who want the Coach fired realize that sometimes your team doesn't match up well with others & all this talk about a State title was premature. It's not easy to win a title, but your Jags certainly have the talent. Unfortunately, talent alone doesn't get it done. Look at Yates last year, full of talent, but didn't win it all. You guys have a lot of promise over there and it wouldn't surprise me if you won a Title in the next 2 years, but it won't be as easy as many on these forums think. It all starts in the off season. How bad do the Jags want it. You can play all the AAU ball you want, but if you're not getting in the individual work, you are kidding yourselves. Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck, God Bless
[/quote] VERY good post!  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1378360" timestamp="1361591146"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109680.msg1378336#msg1378336 date=1361589927]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=109680.msg1378289#msg1378289 date=1361587956]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=109680.msg1378280#msg1378280 date=1361587621]
They lost 41-37.. And yep they blaming the coach. They couldn't get past the traps, it caused problems for the jags
[/quote]Just like last year.
[/quote] Central did not lose to a trapping defense in last year's playoffs
[/quote] Pay not attention to him.  He's a lost and confused Individual.
[/quote]I no they did not lose to a trapping defense.Soulja nose what I am saying they lose in the 1st round or the 2st round every year.

How many times has the youth of the team been discussed on this forum?  I think they have done a great job this year, especially with young age of the team.  Tonight's issue was missed shots, and turnovers, and just like they couldn't miss Tuesday night, tonight they couldn't hit.  How many of you could play in an area game, as 14 year olds, and not be just a little nervous???  Get off their case.  We should be praising them for the season they had.

[quote name="Who By Fire" post="1378480" timestamp="1361598500"]
How many times has the youth of the team been discussed on this forum?  I think they have done a great job this year, especially with young age of the team.  Tonight's issue was missed shots, and turnovers, and just like they couldn't miss Tuesday night, tonight they couldn't hit.  How many of you could play in an area game, as 14 year olds, and not be just a little nervous???  Get off their case.  We should be praising them for the season they had.
[/quote]The youth of this team has not been seen for most of the season. Central played like upperclassmen throughout district. Playoffs are different, but they still had a great season. Other than Stevens, they all return next year, and they will be hungry! Impressive season Jags!!

Why blame the coach? He was not out there turning the ball over. If you're going to blame the coach you have to blame him for winning a district title as well. It just wasn't Central's night. They got out played by a very well coached team. They stuck to their game plan and that was to slow Central down and it worked.

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1378527" timestamp="1361625929"]
Why blame the coach? He was not out there turning the ball over. If you're going to blame the coach you have to blame him for winning a district title as well. It just wasn't Central's night. They got out played by a very well coached team. They stuck to their game plan and that was to slow Central down and it worked.
[/quote]True! If you blame him for the loss, them you MUST give him credit for going 13-1 in district! I didn't hear ONE word about his coaching flaws until last night.

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1378527" timestamp="1361625929"]
[/quote]The best team don't always wins.       

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1378556" timestamp="1361632891"]
Nederland fans are defending Lee because they want to keep him in the district so English can outcoach him again year after year. They are terrified of what could happen if Central gets a real coach and not a bus driver.
[/quote][quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=109680.msg1378556#msg1378556 date=1361632891]
Nederland fans are defending Lee because they want to keep him in the district so English can outcoach him again year after year. They are terrified of what could happen if Central gets a real coach and not a bus driver.
[/quote]Lee had an effective DEFENSIVE game plan against Nederland. Why no praises for that accomplishment? On the offensive end, there were not many plays that were run, but Central made their shots by creating them (for the most part).

What wasn't done by the coach that should have been done? What did he do differently in this game that he didn't do in those 27/28 wins?

Good season Jags! each year it will get more difficult to make it to state.Now that this young team has finished its run(expected to go further)a lot can and will change.Seniors dont play like they did as soph. & juniors,someone will want to be the star of the team,attitudes with such talk from fans(about coach)will enter players heads.Besides if you notice other teams in the play offs Central is not the only young talented team around.last team to make it to state from this area(Ozen 2009) was mostly juniors and Soph. :)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1378565" timestamp="1361634620"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=109680.msg1378556#msg1378556 date=1361632891]
[/quote][quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=109680.msg1378556#msg1378556 date=1361632891]
[/quote]Lee had an effective DEFENSIVE game plan against Nederland. Why no praises for that accomplishment? On the offensive end,[b] there were not many plays that were run[/b], but Central made their shots by creating them (for the most part).
What wasn't done by the coach that should have been done? What did he do differently in this game that he didn't do in those 27/28 wins?
[/quote]
You made my point for me. They don't run any set plays just a go one-on-one park ball offense. They have no offensive system or rythm whatsoever. Put that talent into a system and develop that talent and the sky is the limit. Otherwise they'll lose in the second round year after year after year to inferior teams.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1378574" timestamp="1361636616"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109680.msg1378565#msg1378565 date=1361634620]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=109680.msg1378556#msg1378556 date=1361632891]
[/quote]Lee had an effective DEFENSIVE game plan against Nederland. Why no praises for that accomplishment? On the offensive end,[b] there were not many plays that were run[/b], but Central made their shots by creating them (for the most part).
[/quote]
You made my point for me. They don't run any set plays just a go one-on-one park ball offense. They have no offensive system or rythm whatsoever. Put that talent into a system and develop that talent and the sky is the limit. Otherwise they'll lose in the second round year after year after year to inferior teams.
[/quote]Again, there was nobody complaining about the lack of plays being run when Central dominated Nederland 2 weeks ago. Why is it now an issue? I'm not defending him, I'm just curious.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
I knew this would happen...if Central lost some of their fans would come on here saying fire the coach well just like I came to Coach Sevaets defense I'm gnna do the same for Coach Lee. He has won 2 back to back district titles with over  two 20 win seasons.  And you wanna fire him why .l.cause they don't run a traditional style offense, nonsense those guys had a terrific season over there and instead of getting on here trying to tear these guys down give them credit for a wonderful season. Hard to coach 1 fresh, 3 sophs,1 senior .....and still win 95% of your games ....guys get back in the lab and work hard don't take it for granted.

Not once did I get on coaching or .  Our kids had a great season.  I would have liked to go further, but sometimes, that's  how the cookie crumbles.  Since we basically return EVERYONE, our coaching staff will get more chances with this talented group.  I'm patient enough to see this.  Actually, this year, my realistic predictions of the season was NOT to make it to state.  It was others that made rash state championship appearance comments...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1378933" timestamp="1361726660"]
Not once did I get on coaching or .  Our kids had a great season.  I would have liked to go further, but sometimes, that's  how the cookie crumbles.  Since we basically return EVERYONE, our coaching staff will get more chances with this talented group.  I'm patient enough to see this.  Actually, this year, my realistic predictions of the season was NOT to make it to state.  It was others that made rash state championship appearance comments...
[/quote]I noticed that you were not one of those wanting him fired. You have given him props when he deserved them, and you have been consistent with that (this year)! ;)
Jags had a much better season than MOST expected. The future is bright for da young Jags!! 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378968" timestamp="1361731685"]
Abe, can I ask you a serious question? What do you think that Brian English would have done with THAT bunch at Central?
[/quote]That's a hard question. That's a lot of talent to coach! ;D Don't know if Coach E would implement his style of play/coaching or play a more up tempo style. His record shows that he can do more with less, and suggests that Central would still be playing if he were their coach. I didn't see the game (obviously), so it's hard to say what would have happened in THAT game.
He may have done a better job at adjusting (during the game) to the matchup against a team like Georgetown. Sometimes though, the coach can put his players in the right position, but kids gotta execute that plan.

What do you think?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1378975" timestamp="1361732600"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109680.msg1378968#msg1378968 date=1361731685]
Abe, can I ask you a serious question? What do you think that Brian English would have done with THAT bunch at Central?
[/quote]That's a hard question. That's a lot of talent to coach! ;D Don't know if Coach E would implement his style of play/coaching or play a more up tempo style. His record shows that he can do more with less, and suggests that Central would still be playing if he were their coach. I didn't see the game (obviously), so it's hard to say what would have happened in THAT game.
He may have done a better job at adjusting (during the game) to the matchup against a team like Georgetown. Sometimes though, the coach can put his players in the right position, but kids gotta execute that plan.

What do you think?
[/quote]
I think you hit the nail on the head! In the playoffs its ALL about coaching adjustments and match ups...I know what Coach E can do adjustment wise, and I also know what the Central coach lacks in that area...NOT that Coach Lee is just that terrible, but Coach English is just that much better.  I do understand that this Central team is a very young group, but with that you also must implement another coaching dynamic, and thats taking advantage of the "too young to know any better" factor, and allow them to play loose as well... English HAS done more with less, and I feel that with more he would DO more!  ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378989" timestamp="1361733907"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109680.msg1378975#msg1378975 date=1361732600]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109680.msg1378968#msg1378968 date=1361731685]

What do you think?
[/quote]
I think you hit the nail on the head! In the playoffs its ALL about coaching adjustments and match ups...I know what Coach E can do adjustment wise, and I also know what the Central coach lacks in that area...NOT that Coach Lee is just that terrible, but Coach English is just that much better.  I do understand that this Central team is a very young group, but with that you also must implement another coaching dynamic, and thats taking advantage of the "too young to know any better" factor, and allow them to play loose as well... English HAS done more with less, and I feel that with more he would DO more!  ;)
[/quote]
Agree. He would definitely do more with more. Unfortunately he has never had that advantage. Next year will prove to be a big challenge as well, with only 1 returning starter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin