*Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Updates*/Nederland wins 50-45 in OT!!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1371265" timestamp="1360289987"]
I am hopeful that you will learn this before you are about 75 years old.  Trying to tell a group of people (either directly or by less than discreet inference) that your knowledge and experience is so amazingly superior that they are not worthy of conversing with you is the wrong way to approach things.  The day will come (hopefully) when you will realize that there are a lot of smart people in this world and NOBODY has a lock on superior intelligence.  In my particular line of business, I have often been presented with a case (considerabaly more convincing than yours) that some individual is far superior to everyone else only to have the markets make a fool of him.  Humility can be a very attractive trait.
[/quote]

Here lies the biggest problem of all!! I was trying not to make this statement, so I'm glad you did it for me 8)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371269" timestamp="1360290350"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1371265#msg1371265 date=1360289987]
I am hopeful that you will learn this before you are about 75 years old.  Trying to tell a group of people (either directly or by less than discreet inference) that your knowledge and experience is so amazingly superior that they are not worthy of conversing with you is the wrong way to approach things.  The day will come (hopefully) when you will realize that there are a lot of smart people in this world and NOBODY has a lock on superior intelligence.  In my particular line of business, I have often been presented with a case (considerabaly more convincing than yours) that some individual is far superior to everyone else only to have the markets make a fool of him.  Humility can be a very attractive trait.
[/quote]
Humility has never been my issue....I am often a target on here because I refuse to bite my tongue on certain issues, and I will not let you people discredit what I or anybody affiliated with me has done in the basketball community....especially by people who quite honestly, do not know very much and are just rabid fans..I am being humble just conversing with some of you on here.....Thats all. 8)
[/quote]

Not true at all.  Nobody has discredited you and/or your "associates".  Many feel you over state your case and you fail to realize that the opinions of others are every bit as valid as yours.  You say you are a target but if you are it is only because YOU MAKE yourself a target.  Whenever a subject comes up that involves praise for someone in the basketball community, you manage to "suggest" that " yeah, thats pretty good, but it can't compare to what I or someone I know has done."  The worst one today took place when you tried to suggest that many of the well respected coaches werent really as worthy as some claimed because they didnt play certain teams in the old days.  That has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with whether a coach was a great coach or not.  Also to suggest somehow that someone who is in 3-a has less coaching capabilities than someone in 4-a or 5-a is truly laughable.  And, for the record, there are a number of weak teams in ALL CLASSIFICATIONS rather than just in the smaller ones.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371260" timestamp="1360289663"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=108974.msg1371232#msg1371232 date=1360285488]
Wasn't the forum nice while Dickie V was in hibernation. Every thread didn't turn into "The Dickie V knows everything, and everyone else is wrong" thread. I bet Kendrick Perkins, who according to Dickie V didnt have much basketball skill and was soft, sure is grateful that as fate would have it, he and Dickie V were brought together, so that Dickie V and Boutte with their godlike knowledge and ability could coach him right into the NBA.  ::)
[/quote]
First of all I ask that you not twist my words....I said thats what people who DO NOT know the game (as you people on here) were saying about him and he nor I NEVER forgot it...Its ok, I can be done with this thread, its gone on long enough...You people just do not know any better on here...It will never change. ::) ::)

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=108974.msg1371236#msg1371236 date=1360286627]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=108974.msg1371233#msg1371233 date=1360285744]
Vidor beats Ozen = seniors vs. freshmen

Nederland beats Ozen = Ozen on a down year and coaching sucks.

[b]PNG beats Lincoln = Lincoln player dismissed from team.[/b]

Ozen wins state = Boutte is a god and it does not matter how many down year teams, or "young" teams he defeated in the process because it doesn't support the god complex.

Are there another excuses out there? I mean, do any of these other teams ever lose?
[/quote] I remember that Lincoln team being loaded with talent  ;)
[/quote]
[b]Mr. Garrity, that [u]"loaded"[/u] Lincoln squad had a 6'3 post man (Brandon Carlisle) and their best player (Kevin Thomas)[/b] [b]in the stands[/b]...It DID help develop a young Solomon Jones and Otis Armstrong at the guard spot and got them ready for their state run the next season.
[/quote] Doesnt matter, if you wore [b]Lincoln[/b] across your chest back in them days you could hoop, no excuses.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1371282" timestamp="1360291581"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1371260#msg1371260 date=1360289663]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=108974.msg1371232#msg1371232 date=1360285488]
Wasn't the forum nice while Dickie V was in hibernation. Every thread didn't turn into "The Dickie V knows everything, and everyone else is wrong" thread. I bet Kendrick Perkins, who according to Dickie V didnt have much basketball skill and was soft, sure is grateful that as fate would have it, he and Dickie V were brought together, so that Dickie V and Boutte with their godlike knowledge and ability could coach him right into the NBA.  ::)
[/quote]
First of all I ask that you not twist my words....I said thats what people who DO NOT know the game (as you people on here) were saying about him and he nor I NEVER forgot it...Its ok, I can be done with this thread, its gone on long enough...You people just do not know any better on here...It will never change. ::) ::)

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=108974.msg1371236#msg1371236 date=1360286627]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=108974.msg1371233#msg1371233 date=1360285744]
Vidor beats Ozen = seniors vs. freshmen

Nederland beats Ozen = Ozen on a down year and coaching sucks.

[b]PNG beats Lincoln = Lincoln player dismissed from team.[/b]

Ozen wins state = Boutte is a god and it does not matter how many down year teams, or "young" teams he defeated in the process because it doesn't support the god complex.

Are there another excuses out there? I mean, do any of these other teams ever lose?
[/quote] I remember that Lincoln team being loaded with talent  ;)
[/quote]
[b]Mr. Garrity, that [u]"loaded"[/u] Lincoln squad had a 6'3 post man (Brandon Carlisle) and their best player (Kevin Thomas)[/b] [b]in the stands[/b]...It DID help develop a young Solomon Jones and Otis Armstrong at the guard spot and got them ready for their state run the next season.
[/quote] Doesnt matter, if you wore [b]Lincoln[/b] across your chest back in them days you could hoop, no excuses.  ;)
[/quote];D

NDN 1989 Thanks for the shout-outs Lol. Didn't think anyone remembered me on the beehive teams. I wasn't Anthony Allen or Brian Sallier, but I think I had a solid career. I loved the days of the Bee Hive. I had the honor of playing the top of the press, how many starting centers today can say that. Chasing Central's Perry Hill was no picnic.  IMO no disrespect to the athletes today cuz Lord knows they are bigger faster & stronger, but the thing most of these kids lack is School Pride. Programs today have no tradition. No legacy to follow. In a 20 year span the Mighty Bumblebees averaged going to State every 2 yrs. A feat that may have not been duplicated by a boys team since. That's tradition. we went to state from 88-90, winning 3 titles. The freshman went 4 yrs in a row; need I say Tradition? So, when I hear the talk of basketball on here I sigh because most will never understand. Coach Gamble developed a program and under that blueprint, 2 other Coaches came & used his players & won Championships. To their credit they learned the ways of the Jedi Master & continued to hone their skills & developed their own programs. To me, all things go back to the best Coach I've ever known, Coach James Gamble. Kudos to Coach Boutte, he listened to his mentors, humbled himself & reaped the benefits of being a good pupil, waited his turn & put his own stamp on developing a program. Something the guys today are trying to do, just may take more time for those guys. Good luck to them. By the way, don't want to her that the talent is split between schools cuz we had that problem with 3 schools also 1 5A & 2 4A's.

Campbell LHS 1990

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371333" timestamp="1360305162"]
It really baffles me that you guys actually think that Nederland is good...I'm glad the playoff's are coming around so my point will be proven another year with a 2nd or 3rd round exit for y'all but i guess thats considered a good year at the BIG NED lol
[/quote]

Nederland was good enough to beat the "fabled" Ozen.

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1371331" timestamp="1360299199"]
NDN 1989 Thanks for the shout-outs Lol. Didn't think anyone remembered me on the beehive teams. I wasn't Anthony Allen or Brian Sallier, but I think I had a solid career. I loved the days of the Bee Hive. I had the honor of playing the top of the press, how many starting centers today can say that. Chasing Central's Perry Hill was no picnic.  IMO no disrespect to the athletes today cuz Lord knows they are bigger faster & stronger, but the thing most of these kids lack is School Pride. Programs today have no tradition. No legacy to follow. In a 20 year span the Mighty Bumblebees averaged going to State every 2 yrs. A feat that may have not been duplicated by a boys team since. That's tradition. we went to state from 88-90, winning 3 titles. The freshman went 4 yrs in a row; need I say Tradition? So, when I hear the talk of basketball on here I sigh because most will never understand. Coach Gamble developed a program and under that blueprint, 2 other Coaches came & used his players & won Championships. To their credit they learned the ways of the Jedi Master & continued to hone their skills & developed their own programs. To me, all things go back to the best Coach I've ever known, Coach James Gamble. Kudos to Coach Boutte, he listened to his mentors, humbled himself & reaped the benefits of being a good pupil, waited his turn & put his own stamp on developing a program. Something the guys today are trying to do, just may take more time for those guys. Good luck to them. By the way, don't want to her that the talent is split between schools cuz we had that problem with 3 schools also 1 5A & 2 4A's.

Campbell LHS 1990
[/quote]Great Post! And Perry Hill was no picnic! Chasing is the right word bc I don't think anyone actually guarded him ;D
Must have been a fun time for you and your friends. Something MOST people don't experience...

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371333" timestamp="1360305162"]
It really baffles me that you guys actually think that Nederland is good...I'm glad the playoff's are coming around so my point will be proven another year with a 2nd or 3rd round exit for y'all but i guess thats considered a good year at the BIG NED lol
[/quote]Do you think we EXPECT to to win our region and go to state? NO!

I have yet to see ONE Ned fan claiming that we are going to win the region. So 'your point' is irrelevant bc nobody is claiming a state appearance here in Big Ned. Different things can make a season successful, but you probably would not understand that. 8)

A team who wins 25+ games a year for 4 years straight is 'in most circles' considered good. ::) So, actually, I change my mind. 'Your Point' has been PROVEN wrong! ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1371445" timestamp="1360336119"]
20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011
[s]HUGE[/s] Victory AT Ozen on 2/5/13!!
[color=beige][/color]
[/quote]How do you know the meaning of our Victory AT Ozen on 2/5/13?

BigCam 2903 (Whats up Big Fella!  8)) has JUST stated the EXACT same thing about MOST people on here NEVER understanding what it is to be a part of a real championship program, yet I get criticized for it, and Honest Abe cyber "high fives" him!  :o  Tell me I am not a TARGET on this forum!! That is EXACTLY what I have said all along...Most of you on here, JUST DONT GET IT, and since you have not (and probably never will) experience it, you will NEVER understand.....WOW.. ::)

Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth.

[quote name="DXTR" post="1371467" timestamp="1360337350"]
Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth.
[/quote]

Is this SteveNash in disguise?  ;) ;D

[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1371477#msg1371477 date=1360338226 ]
Envy is best defined as a resentful emotion that occurs when a person lacks another's superior qualities, achievements, or possessions, and wishes that the other lacked it.
[/quote]Wikipedia is great.  ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371517" timestamp="1360341798"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108974.msg1371495#msg1371495 date=1360339247]
One day someone's big head is gonna get popped and it can't happen soon enough.  8)
[/quote]
See my definition of ENVY posted above.....also look up HATER....Your pic should be next to both definitions... 8)
[/quote]LOL!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1371082" timestamp="1360266616"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=108974.msg1371065#msg1371065 date=1360265597]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371061#msg1371061 date=1360265268]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1371051#msg1371051 date=1360264798]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371044#msg1371044 date=1360264216]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1371041#msg1371041 date=1360264062]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371038#msg1371038 date=1360263712]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1371009#msg1371009 date=1360260960]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371007#msg1371007 date=1360260752]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108974.msg1370913#msg1370913 date=1360244401]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=108974.msg1370905#msg1370905 date=1360240831]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1370869#msg1370869 date=1360205580]
Ok i have to put my two cents in this thread...the thing you fans don't understand is that teams like nederland central etc isn't that good and Ozen is still heads above the rest they just don't have the coach to show it I'm willing to bet money that if Bouttee was to take over again next season Ozen would be back running 20-4A a problem I've always had with local area fans is that they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to their teams and lose sight of being realistic...Do you guys honestly think Nederland has a chance to make it out of Region 3? Do you guys honestly think that any team in 20-4A is state championship contender? Heck no not even close and it will show in the playoffs...stop trying to say the reason Ozen isn't dominating is because the talent is spread all over Beaumont because it has always  been that way WB has had studs and Central has had STUD its just that when it came down to who had the better PROGRAM it wasn't even close Ozen isn't the same program because of the guy who took over the program its that simple and the proofs in the pudding...Think about it when was the last time Ozen won district outright? Under bouttee...Ozen first lost in history to central was under who? Saveat are you starting to see a trend here?
[/quote]
You want some cheese with your whine  :'( :'( :'(
[/quote]
What the heck does signing D1 in football have to do with Ozen hoops?  You're losing credibility again.  Smh

In the playoffs, a win is a win.  All teams are good.  I think a 4 typing playoff run ended by a loss to a Jones or a Yates would be the same as a 4 round push having beat a Jones or Yates in the second round.  Point being, it doesn't matter who you play, it's all about keep winning, which last years Ozen team did.  Don't let your hate for Saveat cause you to discredit those kid's accomplishments.  They did make it farther in the playoffs than Nederland AND Central with a subpar coach as you put it AND being a third place team...
[/quote]I guess you missed my statement about me actually PLAYING FOR OZEN bball team and you said i barely knew about football and my rebuttal was I signed a D-1 scholarship to play FOOTBALL...I would like to hear your credentials in sports  :-\ as far as Ozen making it further than Nederland in the playoffs that is not considered an accomplishment to us Ozen fans who've watched the glory days at Ozen and the tradition that program was built upon...beating Nederland is supposed to be a sure thing when your playing for Ozen and it was until Saveat took over I don't see what you guys don't see here I don't dislike Saveat as a person he's just not fit for the job at Ozen and its been showing for 4 years now soulja your giving ozen credit for making it to regionals anything short of a state title appearance or championship is considered a failure at Ozen...but i see why you view that as an accomplishment since your a central fan you guys aren't used to a winning tradition on the hardwood
[/quote]

Do you belive Ozen would be undefeated at this point if Boutte was still the coach?
[/quote]I believe the answer to this question is obvious...in district absolutely when the players don't respect you as a coach then you won't be very successful its simple Ozen isn't losing because of the lack of talent their losing because of the lack of discipline being instilled in the program
[/quote]
Name another game changer on Ozen's roster other than Jordan Hunter. Yes the Panthers have some good hard working players but, one game changer!
[/quote]Ummmm does Jacobi Jones ring a bell?
[/quote]
Lol...
[/quote]Or you insinuating that Jacobi Jones isn't a baller on the yard?
[/quote]
I believe he is!! and i would have to second that....
[/quote] ...and that will let you know that he don't know what he's talking about and he's just spewing garbage...  Lmao. Comical at best...
[/quote]
Man, HOLD UP! I can't believe that this thread is still active lol. On another note "Get off my child".  ;D OzensFinest, realistically speaking Jakobi is better defensively than he is offensively but he is a team player and he'll never give up. He knows I cringe at the sight of him at the free throw line and he'll be the first to tell you that I'm his worse critic (although there are some people on this board that can run a tight race with me) and I'm a hater. I will also say that you make some valid points but it's time we move on with our thinking. Things change no matter the circumstances and we have to adjust. Let's Go Panthers!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371463" timestamp="1360337095"]
BigCam 2903 (Whats up Big Fella!  8)) has JUST stated the EXACT same thing about MOST people on here NEVER understanding what it is to be a part of a real championship program, yet I get criticized for it, and Honest Abe cyber "high fives" him!  :o  Tell me I am not a TARGET on this forum!! That is EXACTLY what I have said all along...Most of you on here, JUST DONT GET IT, and since you have not (and probably never will) experience it, you will NEVER understand.....WOW.. ::)
[/quote]Some people (Big Cam) know and UNDERSTAND the meaning of being humble. He acknowledged that he was no 'Brian Sallier' or 'Anthony Allen'. It's called being humble; you should try it sometime ;D

Maybe, just maybe, you won't be a 'target' on here anymore. You created the 'target' on your back through your arrogant comments. We don't know you personally, yet you take everything personal. 8)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1371471" timestamp="1360337704"]
[quote author=DXTR link=topic=108974.msg1371467#msg1371467 date=1360337350]
[/quote]

Is this SteveNash in disguise?  ;) ;D
[/quote]

Nope but I wish I had said it.