Ozen-Vidor Round Two

Guest flyonwall12

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1367251" timestamp="1359245489"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108532.msg1367177#msg1367177 date=1359223084]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108532.msg1367170#msg1367170 date=1359220835]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108532.msg1367164#msg1367164 date=1359219604]
All this game proved is as far as 20 4A is concerned Ozen is way ahead of the pack. ;D
[/quote]And Vidor still needs a lot of work  ;)
[/quote]
Work at what? Paying the refs? cuz thats all we saw last night. Get outta here with all that bluedove.
[/quote]Refs? Thats what  teams use as an excuse whenever they lose. And by 30-40 points?  I bet if Vidor had made their shots, less turnovers, less bad passes, etc, you would have lost by a smaller margin.
[/quote]
So what your saying is your Ozen boys are only 10 points better than the vidor boys?? There plenty different reasons why teams lose. Refs, playing down to the competition, playing away. But you can not sit there and tell me you think the same girls who barely lost by 5 last game got that much worse or that Ozen got that much better. Come on blue dove. Be realistic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game I saw there were bad calls or no calls on both sides.And be real, Vidor is out matched even if you were on a neutral playing field ,the results wouldn't have been much different.What that second game told me without seeing the first game ,is the officiating must have been worst.

Ozen has a great team with some prime athletes. If Vidor had given it there all, the game would have been a lot closer. Do I think they could have won?  No one knows that answer because any team can be beaten on any given night.

The ref's.  we're very one-sided...the only one calling a fair game was the taller man. The other man, I think his head was in the clouds.  Can't complain too much on the woman, she never really did a lot for either team.  Game film can back up everything, if anyone would like a copy...

In the end the only team that the ref's affected was Ozen. You do no team justice by not calling the obvious.  You only affect them come playoff time because the ref's are a lot tougher...

vidor was defeated before the game even started.Their star (jacks) was not ready,something was bothering her(hamstring,cramps?)so that left them with one player(Blair) shots were not falling.They had a bad game.That happens.Ozen Rawls 30 pts. Jones 21 pts having a  good game.Even Vidor coach said that his girls were scared.

[quote name="chocky" post="1367303" timestamp="1359259458"]
vidor was defeated before the game even started.Their star (jacks) was not ready,something was bothering her(hamstring,cramps?)so that left them with one player(Blair) shots were not falling.They had a bad game.That happens.Ozen Rawls 30 pts. Jones 21 pts having a  good game.Even Vidor coach said that his girls were scared.
[/quote]And thanks for not mentioning the refs

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1367170" timestamp="1359220835"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108532.msg1367164#msg1367164 date=1359219604]
All this game proved is as far as 20 4A is concerned Ozen is way ahead of the pack. ;D
[/quote]And Vidor still needs a lot of work  ;)
[/quote]

Bluedove3..... ;D  I see you still got it....Hope you go all the way Ozen....

[quote name="chocky" post="1367333" timestamp="1359293470"]
i didn;t mention the refs in round  one.since the refs were suppose to have gotten paid,i guess in round one they did not get there bonus check.Lol!
[/quote] Usually when there is a blowout, refs ain't got nothing to do with the outcome. Just need to look at yourselves as a team and coach and realize there is still a lot work to be done by both parties. Its just that simple. ;)

Guest flyonwall12
Bluedove were you even at the game? Yes the older jacks was not a 100% so that played a little effect. Now to say the refs weren't bad is total bs when multiple players have said the refs were talking crap to them during the game. You and chocky may say the refs were fine in this game but it just proves how big of homers y'all are cause ain't no one but an ozen fan would say that.

[quote name="flyonwall12" post="1367340" timestamp="1359297400"]
Bluedove were you even at the game? Yes the older jacks was not a 100% so that played a little effect. Now to say the refs weren't bad is total bs when multiple players have said the refs were talking crap to them during the game. You and chocky may say the refs were fine in this game but it just proves how big of homers y'all are cause ain't no one but an ozen fan would say that.
[/quote] Ozen fan? LOL! Dude, I'm somewhat of a basketball purist. Refs are part of the game and they will make bad calls, its human nature. Don't make the turnovers, don't make stupid defensive plays, don't miss the opportunities afforded you in the games, stop the stupid fouls, etc. Now do you get it? Practice, work and focus on the things you have control of with your team.

Take a survey in team sports, very seldom do you find winners complain about refs when losing. They just complain about the coaching  :D

Guest ladyraider03
I just I'll be the first one to throw the question out how many more losses would ozen and central have over the past couple years if they weren't too scared to use the same district refs? From what I've heard only 4 or 5 schools use this chapter so one could easily say Beaumont ISD is employing these refs because they are only reffing Beaumont games.

Now if they want to prove everyone since this is the schools last good year why don't just for one game, like the 2nd place game next Friday, agree to let another chapter like Baytown ref the game? It's just hurting Ozen and Central seeing the same refs and they will both only go two rounds deep because of it

Oh and for Bluedove I'm neutral and even I could see that if #14 wanted to she could have mugged #3 and had nothing called.

Really, 47 point victory and the cause was officiating,some Vidor girls fans are really showing there knowledge of the game.You got beat by a much more superior team,your team is better, just happen to be in a district with one of the best teams in state.It does not take a rocket scientist ,or any one to be at the game to know who was the better team, bad officiating or not.

[quote name="ladyraider03" post="1367347" timestamp="1359299102"]
I just I'll be the first one to throw the question out how many more losses would ozen and central have over the past couple years if they weren't too scared to use the same district refs? From what I've heard only 4 or 5 schools use this chapter so one could easily say Beaumont ISD is employing these refs because they are only reffing Beaumont games.

Now if they want to prove everyone since this is the schools last good year why don't just for one game, like the 2nd place game next Friday, agree to let another chapter like Baytown ref the game? It's just hurting Ozen and Central seeing the same refs and they will both only go two rounds deep because of it

Oh and for Bluedove I'm neutral and even I could see that if #14 wanted to she could have mugged #3 and had nothing called.
[/quote] OMG! This is worse than I expected. LOL!!! I do know on the boys side its been tried and tested; the same results - losses!!!

i"m a fan of all the local girls teams.Ozen is one of my favorite.All their seniors i have seen play since 7th grade.3 games left in district and we get to see if you complain about does refs that you want.Because you will have them,and i can tell you now you want like them.You admit Jacks wasn:t 100%.I can tell you she was not 20% Boom there goes 20 to 30 of your points that i guess the refs took.AND?

only when its ozen lady panthers.To be the best you have to beat the best.They complained about stalling the ball(round one) now its the refs.84 pts did"t just magically appear.Well its monday afternoon and this thread has just about come to a close.Good Luck to all our local teams.Playoffs are on the Wayyyyyyyy!

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1366557" timestamp="1359074703"]
[quote author=chocky link=topic=108532.msg1366354#msg1366354 date=1359040240]
yes packed with talent.I have been to girls games.talent is more than just who scores more etc. These young ladies first off are student-atheletes which many are on the honor roll,and stil are able to play sports and help their teams.I don't know what your perception of talent is but again i say 20 4A is packed with talent.They represent better in the playoffs each year.
[/quote]

I agree with some of the things you have said but "Talent" on the basketball court "NO".  The teams from 2006-2007 like Silsbee, Orangefield, WOS, Kirbyville, Hamphire Fannett, Lumberton, Central and Hardin Jefferson could beat Ozen, Central and Vidor with no problem. There is nobody in this area with the talent like Brittany Scott, Brittany James, Chelsey Pickering, Courtney Wilson,  Katie Sanders, Kristy Sanders and Ang Green. There is a lot more I can mention. I have seen Ozen play and was not impressed. By the way it was against Orangefield and they beat us pretty bad.
[/quote]

You forgot KK Little, but I'm not surprised ;)

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1367586" timestamp="1359406043"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108532.msg1366557#msg1366557 date=1359074703]
[quote author=chocky link=topic=108532.msg1366354#msg1366354 date=1359040240]
yes packed with talent.I have been to girls games.talent is more than just who scores more etc. These young ladies first off are student-atheletes which many are on the honor roll,and stil are able to play sports and help their teams.I don't know what your perception of talent is but again i say 20 4A is packed with talent.They represent better in the playoffs each year.
[/quote]

I agree with some of the things you have said but "Talent" on the basketball court "NO".  The teams from 2006-2007 like Silsbee, Orangefield, WOS, Kirbyville, Hamphire Fannett, Lumberton, Central and Hardin Jefferson could beat Ozen, Central and Vidor with no problem. There is nobody in this area with the talent like Brittany Scott, Brittany James, Chelsey Pickering, Courtney Wilson,  Katie Sanders, Kristy Sanders and Ang Green. There is a lot more I can mention. I have seen Ozen play and was not impressed. By the way it was against Orangefield and they beat us pretty bad.
[/quote]

You forgot KK Little, but I'm not surprised ;)
[/quote]And I'm sure you could find some teams and players back in 1967 who could beat the 2006-2007 teams  ::)

First time posting but what I saw Friday night at Ozen was not what I paid to see.  I heard about this match from a friend of mine who knows I enjoy high school sports.  This game turned out to be why I stopped going to high school basketball games.  The refs took the game out of the hands of the players.  Ozen did not win the game.  The refs seemed to be able to get into Vidor's players head.  I can say this because I came to the game not to pull for one team but l came just hoping for a good game.  Come on, what ref, whose responsibility it is to watch the clock, allows the game to run at least five seconds without starting the clock at an important part of the game.  To me, I thought the game was called one sided.  I have read statements saying how much one team is better than the other.  From what I saw, the think either team could win if there were on a level playing field.  I will never write bad about the players, but the refs are a different story.  UIL needs to get control of the referring if true out comes are to be decided on the court.  Again, the refs have again justified my staying away from high school basketball.  I'm not a fan of "Air Ball" chants and I'm really not a fan when fans start cheering for a player fouling out.  It really makes one wonder how fans would have acted if a player had gotten hurt.  I always worry that during a poorly called game a player will get hurt.  Again, I hope someone gets with UIL and plays to them the tape of this game and UIL uses this tape as to how not to ref a game.  My last comment. To Ozen, I would not be proud of the win, you had help (two on one).  To Vidor, be proud, you played hard.

[quote name="panther76" post="1367703" timestamp="1359432671"]
First time posting but what I saw Friday night at Ozen was not what I paid to see.  I heard about this match from a friend of mine who knows I enjoy high school sports.  This game turned out to be why I stopped going to high school basketball games.  The refs took the game out of the hands of the players.  Ozen did not win the game.  The refs seemed to be able to get into Vidor's players head.  I can say this because I came to the game not to pull for one team but l came just hoping for a good game.  Come on, what ref, whose responsibility it is to watch the clock, allows the game to run at least five seconds without starting the clock at an important part of the game.  To me, I thought the game was called one sided.  I have read statements saying how much one team is better than the other.  From what I saw, the think either team could win if there were on a level playing field.  I will never write bad about the players, but the refs are a different story.  UIL needs to get control of the referring if true out comes are to be decided on the court.  Again, the refs have again justified my staying away from high school basketball.  I'm not a fan of "Air Ball" chants and I'm really not a fan when fans start cheering for a player fouling out.  It really makes one wonder how fans would have acted if a player had gotten hurt.  I always worry that during a poorly called game a player will get hurt.  Again, I hope someone gets with UIL and plays to them the tape of this game and UIL uses this tape as to how not to ref a game.  My last comment. To Ozen, I would not be proud of the win, you had help (two on one).  To Vidor, be proud, you played hard.
[/quote]

I smell a rat there.  1st post.  C'mon. 

I wasn't at the game.  But I hate crying about the refs. 

I was at the 1st meeting in vidor.  It was a very close game.  But Vidor's good shooting could not make up for Ozen's size.  And the 2nd game is what can happen without the hot shooting.

I think Ozen is a very good team.  The Ozen players and fans know it.  They do not need some random Vidor fan confirming it.

Vidor has a good team.  This may be the best Vidor girls BB team in history.  But the refs did not cost Vidor the game.  They got beat by a team that played better than them on Friday. 

I just really hate to hear people complain about the refs.  Especially in a blow out!

[quote name="daddy23" post="1367793" timestamp="1359473282"]

I was at the 1st meeting in vidor.  It was a very close game.  But Vidor's good shooting could not make up for Ozen's size.  And the 2nd game is what can happen without the hot shooting.

I think Ozen is a very good team.  The Ozen players and fans know it.  They do not need some random Vidor fan confirming it.

Vidor has a good team.  This may be the best Vidor girls BB team in history.  But the refs did not cost Vidor the game.  They got beat by a team that played better than them on Friday. 

I just really hate to hear people complain about the refs.  Especially in a blow out!
[/quote]Man, let me give you some [s]daps.[/s].err Karma. Good post!! Gotta watch the ones with their "first post."  ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1367796" timestamp="1359474068"]
[quote author=daddy23 link=topic=108532.msg1367793#msg1367793 date=1359473282]

[/quote]Man, let me give you some [s]daps.[/s].err Karma. Good post!! Gotta watch the ones with their "first post."  ::)
[/quote]
Good response, BD3.  And going by the screen name, if there is a #23 on the Vidor roster, I think I've found her father. 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86